Today is special. Today I let go. Today I started living. Today I asked God to lead. Today I finally see what Life is all about……….
This is my new home. I’ve made the long journey here (to self hosted) and for many reasons. I will spare you the details…….for now. Here’s a sneak peek.
- To Live out my Passions
- To support my husband (aka hubs) in his career, and hopefully get to be by his side while doing so.
- To encourage and to be encouraged
- To share our Journey (because we are going places, soon, very soon!)
- To connect more with YOU
- To expand my collection of Gluten Free Recipes
- To get to know my “creative” side (if that exists, haha)
- To grow more in each area of my life and embrace self-confidence
- And oh so much more!!!!!
You see, it all looks exciting, right? But I found myself hesitating, almost at a stand still. I was standing still not going anywhere because of fear. Fear of the unknown! This fear festered inside until I was about to explode!
It was then that the hubs and I had a good sit down. We started talking about how our fears are holding us back from living life. From embracing certain opportunities and we had had it! DONE! NO MORE!
We’re going to LET GO of fear! We’re going to SIDE STEP the DANGERS. We’re going to LIVE for the NOW!
So thank you! Thank you for sticking with me these past few weeks. Thank you for holding my hand. Thank you for accepting us COTTERS and this CRAZY life we lead.
Now let’s start this new site off right with a little WIAW.
Thank you Jen for making my Wednesdays DELICIOUS!
“Shrimp and FAUX Grits with Edamame”
This is quite simple. For the shrimp, just boil, drain, and then season with sea salt, pepper, and a little lemon juice.
For the FAUX GRITS:
- Use 1 cup GF oat bran. Toss it in a pot with about 1 to 1.5 cup water and. Bring to a boil then quickly reduce and add in 1 cup frozen edamame and a few dashes of sea salt.
- Add a tbsp. of oil and stir. Let it simmer for about 3-5 minutes on low until edamame is thawed.
- Then throw in spices and 2-3 tbsp. of either nutritional yeast or GF brewers yeast. Stir again and season some more with 1 tsp. garlic and 1 tsp. paprika.
- If you want real buttery flavor, add in more brewers yeast/nutritional yeast and use butter instead of oil. I also added in sautéed grape tomatoes and mushrooms last-minute.
- Serve up with your shrimp!
This recipe is FEAR FREE!
Tell me, what are you LETTING GO today?
A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to Jenny over at PB and Jenny! She is the master behind this new site. Working with her was the most fun I’ve ever had on a computer, haha. Jenn really has a true gift when it comes to web designing. And she was so patient with me. That’s talent! Jenn offers offer header design, website design, and transferring to self-hosting .
Again, HUGE THANKS JENN! I’m still learning to add in new features to the site and I actually am enjoying it! Maybe I’m not technologically challenged after all!