Vegan Chai Spiced Smoothie Bowls with Chia! Packed with healthy fats, anti-inflammatory properties, and full of flavor! A Fall inspired smoothie bowl that will leave you feeling nourished and healthy. Gluten free and dairy free goodness!
Howdy Monday! This feels fresh. Not only does the air a little more crispy, but my mental state does too. Oh heavens! That is much needed after a doozy of life events last week. Haha! You can read more about that here.
But that seems to be a pattern for most. You know, the long tiring weeks that you just can’t control. You’ve been there, yes? Whether you’re mentally or physically drained (or both), you need refreshment. I say this to you when in reality I’m preaching to the choir here. Ahem… clearing my throat, placing hand over heart, uttering the words…
“Thou Shalt Listen to My Own Advice.”
The truth is, if I (we) don’t take care and nurture ourselves, then we are useless for others. So let’s spend the week soaking up some extra rest (if needed) and extra nourishment. Corny Cotter moment. Mwah!
You might remember our obsession with Ginger Turmeric Lemonade? Yes, that’s still a favorite in our house and a great way to help fight chronic fatigue and oxidation.
Chai Spiced Chia Smoothie Bowl Breakdown:
- Turmeric – Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, and is said to be 5x stronger than Vit. C as an immunity booster. It also protects the liver against oxidative stress. Which is probably needed after a night out on the town (if you get my point, haha).
- Chai Tea – Chock full of powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agents. Also helps support digestion after meals with it’s combination of black pepper, ginger, and cinnamon spices.
- Coconut Milk – Dairy free, healthy MCT’s (fats), satiating.
- Chia Seed – High in Omega 3’s (fatty acids), fiber, high antioxidant profile, and contain a good source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and manganese.
- Almond Butter – Optional but this does add in a wonderful creamy flavor and extra protein
For this recipe, you will be steeping the Chai Tea and the Turmeric together first. When you steep Turmeric in a tea form, it helps releases it’s amazing health components listed above.
You will then you blend with frozen banana and chia, cool in the fridge, or let set overnight for a chia pudding like texture.
Vegan Chai Spiced Chia Smoothie Bowls
- 16 oz coconut or almond milk
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1-2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas
- optional add in - protein powder or coconut flour to thicken.
- First steep the 2 tea bags, cinnamon, and the turmeric in your 16oz of milk. I used a french press for easy pour and clean. Just heat milk in microwave or stove top then pour into french press and add your teas.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add liquid mixture to blender along with remaining ingredients. Blend together and then place in fridge to cool for 1 hour or more.
- Pour into bowls and add more cinnamon, honey, and chia on top if desired!
- See notes below for chia pudding bowl.
If you would like the smoothie to be more like chia pudding, then add in one more 1 tbsp of chia, 1-2 scoops protein powder of choice, blend, and let it sit overnight in bowls.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunch
or hashtag #cottercrunch
I know what you’re thinking. Ugh, that a lot of waiting for a smoothie. But you know what the best part is? The heavenly smell! That, alone, will make you feel good and is worth the tiny bit of extra effort!
Can you smell it? Darn, someone please invent a smell through you screen app! 😉
Favorite way to use turmeric? Or Chai Spice?
P.S. The next 2 posts will be dedicated to more turmeric and all things curry, so I hope you like spice! If not, you just might be Friday.