Here we go! Second week of 2015. How’s it been treating you? Are you one to start the detoxing and cleansing? I’ll be the first to admit, I don’t believe in detoxing. But that’s just my personal preference. To each their own. I think the liver is the only one that needs to focus on detoxing for us, but sometimes we just need to give it a little TLC or support. I know my liver and digestion definitely need some extra support after a few month’s of crazy eats and frequent stress. I also think it’s great to support the liver when you are doing heavy training or racing. Which is why I have the Kiwi supporting his liver too, ya know?
Okay, so instead of focusing on detoxing and cleansing by eliminating foods, let’s maybe shift focus on adding in nutrients that support the liver in doing it’s job.
- Nutrients like bromelain (a proteolytic enzyme found in pineapple) that helps support digestion by breaking protein.
- Nutrients like Turmeric (a powerful ant-inflammatory spice) that can help reduce inflammation in the gut and whole body. You can see my whole post about turmeric HERE along with another recipe.
- Nutrients like those found in Cranberries (including digestion-aiding enzymes). In fact, a new study has been linked cranberries to helping prevent attachment of bacteria to the stomach lining, You all know i love a good soothing cranberry smoothie.
And thanks to antioxidant rich Bai Drinks, I can now add in coffee fruit to that list of nutrient packed ingredients. Coffee fruit is the fruit in which the coffee bean grown. Remember, I used it in my SUPER FRUITCAKE smoothie. Yep, that delicious one! Coffee fruit is a amazing SUPER FRUIT rich in antioxidants and helps fight free radicals. Free radicals cause cell damage. Free radicals are caused by… well… STRESS.
Which leads me to this recipe.A new Gut loving Elixir recipe.
It’s like a tune up for my liver and gut. Ahh.. post holiday tune up’s feel nice!
- 6-8 oz fresh pineapple juice (i use bai bubbles Peru pineapple).
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- Optional - honey, stevia, etc.
- There are two ways you can make this. You can just add in the the turmeric, or you can boil it first it first like i did with this recipe! See link --> http://www.cottercrunch.com/2014/06/chronic-inflammation-turmeric-ginger-lemonade/
- I highly recommended boiling a tsp of your turmeric in 2 cups hot water first, then strain the turmeric and add in lemon juice. Let it cool. Pour into cup and mix in your pineapple juice and cranberry juices. Sweeten with stevia or even ginger if you'd like.
- Note: If you don't have Bai Bubbles, you can use 4oz pineapple juice and then 4 oz sparkling water to make it bubbly. Although using Bai has the best taste! Serves 2!
Can you see why I’m so hooked now? Plus the color along just makes me smile. Speaking of smiles, Bai Drinks would love for one of you all to try out all their drinks, so their offering a giveaway. Your smiling nowm aren’t you?
For today’s giveaway, one lucky winner will receive onec ase of Bai5 (pic below) or Bai Bubbles (pic above), or a mix of both! That’s twelve bottles.
Enter in below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: I actually first found Bai 5 at my local grocer and at Target. I fell in love with Molokai coconut and was about to work may way through buying and trying each flavor when Bai contacted me. So honest to goodness, this is why I am sharing and why I wanted you all to try it too! I was compensated for this review, but just keepin it real ya’ll.
Do you detox? Or do you find ways to support the body?