Here’s a confession… I have the hardest time spelling the word FRITTATA! Why isn’t it in my spell check? But I think I’ve finally mastered it. Yes, almost 32 years later.
Wanna know something else that is quite shocking? Well, i mentioned this in last week’s post but….
We aren’t huge fans of turkey. I know! Shocking! Although, we do love turkey or chicken sausage or using turkey in a stew, recipes, etc. etc. So maybe it’s not really turkey, but the way it’s prepared. Which is why I always get sent home with either smoked or dark meat Turkey leftover from Thanksgiving. It’s more flavorful and a great ingredient added to a recipe.
Like this one. Yup. It’s darn good!
And I’m thankful. I’m thankful to have a family who always shares and makes way too much food at each holiday event.
Because this allows the Kiwi and I create many delicious leftover concoctions. Hey, that’s what happens when you dream big and are always on a budget. You mooch off your family and make the best of each ingredient out there.. Come on, you know you do it too!
- 4 eggs
- ½ to 1 cup roasted turkey or chicken
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp dried basil (optional)
- sea salt
- 1 bunch chopped kale (about ½ cup frozen)
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp potato starch (or flour of choice)
- First sauté your veggies in a skillet until tender. Add in your turkey (cooked) and spread evenly in cast iron skillet. In another bowl, whisk your eggs and add in your milk, pumpkin, starch, and spices. Pour over the skillet mixture and top with addition basil or chili pepper. Bake in cast iron skillet at 350F for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serves 4-6
So go ahead, make this dish, learn to spell FRITTATA right, and enjoy leftovers like they should be …. FULL of LOVE and FLAVOR!
Are you sick of turkey yet?
What’s your favorite way to make a frittata?
Sherpa Wife Cotter
- Instagram -LCCotter
- Pinterest- LCCotter
- Email- email@example.com
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner -Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.
If you are wanting a fresh new look for your site or any branding help, definitely check out Jenny’s Cyber Monday deal below! I love her!