Oh so REFRESHING Sparkling Mint Melon Limeade! A Healthy bubbly limeade recipe that will keep you cool and collected all summer! Quick to make, made with natural nourishing ingredients, and delicious to sip on anytime of day. A must make for parties, events, and more! Paleo, Vegan, and just plain TASTY!
It’s time to pop the BUBBLY and celebrate FRIYAY with this Sparkling Mint Melon Limeade!
Okay, this limeade is not spiked but it totally could be. Maybe you need a self care day where you can drink this, lay by the pool, and work on your tan. Right? Haha.
Actually, I don’t know about you but as soon as Summer Season hits I feel need for a little self care, or rather, self refreshment. You see, the heat makes me work slower, my brain included. So any type of refreshment to give me a mental and physical boost is welcome. I’ll save that whole Summer self care post for another day (it could get lengthy), but let’s still talk about this whole summer refreshment thing.
Here’s the good thing.. Summer refreshments (aka sparking drinks, creamy smoothies, limeades, slushies, etc.) can easily be made healthy and at home. The bad thing is that I seem to pass Sonic at their drink Happy hour quite frequently during the summer. Which means the lure for the dollar strawberry limeade grows stronger and stronger. I swear it’s all about the crushed ice and berry combo. Can I get an amen?!!
In the previous Summer’s, the Kiwi and I would treat ourselves to a big ‘ol slushy style limeade after a hot trail run. Totally justifiable too since we needed those simple sugars (like in the form of mint oreo) for restoring glycogen in our muscles. Kidding, kinda, not really.
But these days, our trail runs are more like hikes. And I’m pretty sure our bodies and bank account would appreciate the homemade sparkling limeade version instead.
So today, I give you THE BEST EVER SUMMER REFRESHMENT! Homemade Sparkling Mint Melon Limeades. No need to pull into Sonic. But I won’t judge you if you do.
The “cool” thing about this type of homemade limeade (pun intended) are it’s health perks! Yes, you knew I was gonna go there, right?
Honey dew melon, mint, honey, lime, and water make one heck of powerhouse hydration drink, not to mention good for the skin.
Let’s discuss the amazingness of them all, shall we?
- Honey Dew MELON – another great anti-inflammatory rich food! 1 serving contains 30-40% of your daily Vitamin C (an anti-oxidant that fights free radicals and inflammation). Free radicals are the natural byproduct of the body’s metabolic processes, but they damage cells if they’re not “balanced out” by an antioxidant such as vitamin C. (source) Cappeesh? EXTRA Vitamin C is so needed during summer! Honey Dew Melon also has a great source of B 6 Vitamins and Potassium!
- Mint – I’ve raved about my love of peppermint and mint oil before! But one reason I love mint and mint leaves are for it’s natural medicinal properties, especially the ones that help digestion. God knows we all need that help! Haha. Mint is thought to ease digestion, reduce indigestion, and sooth an upset stomach
- Lime – More Vitamin C and actually limes are a concentrated form of Vitamin C. But they are also said to have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, which can help fight certain infections.
- Honey/ Maple Syrup – Minerals Minerals Minerals! Especially in Manganese (which support healthy bone metabolism). Plus it has high anti-oxidant levels which help, once again, reduce inflammation in the body.
Healthy Sparkling Mint Melon Limeade
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 1/2 cups chopped or cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups sparkling water or flavored sparking water (lime, lemon, ginger etc.)
- 2 mint leave sprigs
- sliced lime for pitcher or garnishing
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (agave works too)
- stevia or xylitol if you want it sweeter without the added sugar
- First make sure your fruit it cut. I would slice up one lime for garnishing and the other for juicing. Next, blend together your honey dew, water, and 2 -3 mint leaves. Save a few leaves for garnishing.
- Pour water melon mix into a pitcher. Add your honey or sweetener, lime juice, and extra lime slices/mint leaves.
- If you want more fizz, add in more sparkling water.
- IF you want it sweeter, add in stevia or xylitol and adjust to your liking.
Substitutes To make sweeter you can use a flavored sparkling water or even zevia (natural diet soda).
Works well with cantaloupe melon too!
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunch
or hashtag #cottecrunch
Are you thinking what I’m thinking now? Besides the fact that I obviously have an obsession with the color green? See below. Yes, it’s my favorite color.
But really… here’s what I’m thinking.
Perhaps my sparkling mint melon limeade might be give me (us) more bang for my “health” buck then the Sonic limeade version. Plus you can drink it by the pitcher full and not feel bad about it.
I call that winning on a FRIDAY!
That being said, I’m still on a quest to get that sonic crushed ice! Yes, first world problems. If anyone has a magic way of creating it, please… FILL ME IN!
Cheers to summer refreshments, the mental, physical, and all things COOL kind!
Bottoms up ya’ll!
Other COOL and REFRESHING Limeade recipes! Man, I gotta try them all soon!
Confess —> favorite sugar summer drink? Is it a sonic? Do you just love their limeades? GASP!