Grain free peanut butter gingerbread protein bites with a little bourbon flare! So easy to make, no bake, and great for holidays or snacking !!
Happy December 1st! Oh my, one month left in 2014! How on earth did that happen? Time flies when you are… BUSY! Anyway, today is the first of the month and Cyber Monday, which makes it even more special for my little small biz, Healthy Bites! YAY!
I’ve paired up with Sarah from A Loving Spoon to create an awesome Healthy Bite Flavor for December, plus a giveaway, plus a Cyber Monday deal!
The A Loving Spoon nut butters story begins back in 2009, when founder and CEO, Sarah Kay Hoffman, was on the Gut and Psychology Syndrome diet (she has Colitis, and was in the beginning stages of healing her gut). Sarah bought raw coconut butter, walnut butter, peanut butter, cashew butter, pecan butter and almond butter as a way to satiate her cravings for sugar, snacks and dessert. Every night you would find her digging into the raw nut butters. As Sarah began to heal, she also stopped craving the traditional form of snacks, dessert and processed, chemical-filled foods.
Sarah’s passion for health and healing is something I can very much relate to since it’s the same reason I started Healthy Bites. Her nut butters are pure, processed free, and delicious. Which makes this recipe and giveaway even more SPECIAL! Be sure to check out her blog for more info and beautiful recipes!
Okay, you ready to get this recipe going?! I am! These bites are a fun twist on a classic gingerbread! The bourbon definitely makes it more unique and of course, FESTIVE! Great as a gift or just to eat for yourself!
Let me know if you try them out.
Bourbon Peanut Butter Gingerbread Bites (Grain Free)
- • 1/4 cup pumpkin seed or other nut/seed mix (I used cinnamon grain free RENOLA from larabar)
- • 1/3 cup coconut flour
- • 1/3-1/2 cup of A Loving Spoon Honey Vanilla Bourbon peanut butter
- • 1/2 cup Protein Powder vanilla (see notes for alternative)
- • 1 tbsp. cinnamon (or pumpkin spice)
- • 1/2 tbsp. ground ginger
- • 1/4 to 1/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup.
- • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract.
- • 1/4 tsp bourbon extract or 2 tbsp bourbon liquor that's gluten free (optional)
- In large bowl, add in all your dry ingredients. Then mix in your nut butter, extracts, and last the honey. Mix well (I use my hands) and roll into bite size balls. You can then roll bites in the extra ginger/cinnamon batter after you roll. Makes about 18-20 balls. Feel free to roll into larger bites, or smaller to make more. Freeze or keep in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
- Notes --> I used Growing Naturals Vanilla Sprouted Pea Protein to keep them dairy free.
If you don't want to use protein powder, you can use peanut flour or oat flour but you might want to add in more sweetener or extracts.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunch
or hashtag #cottercrunch
Okay, so after you make these bites, go enter the giveaway so you can make more or share them for the Holidays. Sound good?
And yes, I’m giving away a copy of my 2nd Ebook as well. That’s open to ALL!
BONUS Cyber Monday Special –-> A loving Spoon is having a heck of a Cyber Monday Deal as well, buy 4 jars of nut butter and you will get my 1st Edition of the Healthy Bites Ebook for FREE! WOO! Lots of giveaway today. I kinda like that, don’t you?
Cheers and Have a Marvelous Monday!
LC (Healthy Bites Creator!)
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
- Crazy Cotters (both our blogs combined) Facebook page.