After 4 months of hard work, training, etc. the poor guy doesn’t get to race the full event. There was frustration, there was heartbreak, and there was upset.
Clouds starting to roll in.
We know that the safety of the athletes comes first. We know that racing Sunday is still do-able for us (phew!). We know that the weather should be cleared and all the conditions safe.
We know that this could be a blessing in disguise. God has his ways, so we’re trusting that. Yes! Stay positive.
So if we can’t change the forecast, then we won’t change our prep time here either.
There will still be a good taper and rest time.
There will still be a good Fueling.
Gluten Free Pasta with Lamb and peas please.
There will still be good compression socks worn….
Yes, I am wearing them even though I am not racing.
Hey, when in Rome, right?
And last but not least….
There will still be a good Half Ironman RACE come Sunday……
rain or shine!
Thank you to all who have followed us on this journey.
Here’s to blessings in disguise!