Light and Naturally Sweetened Winter Citrus Paloma Tequila Cocktail! A slightly different twist on the traditional tequila cocktail recipe with a healthy dose of Vitamin C! This Winter Citrus Paloma Cocktail is naturally sweetened with fresh winter citrus, orange peel, agave, and combined with quality tequila to create one refreshing winter cocktail. A perfect light cocktail for holiday brunch or parties.
Merry Christmas EVE EVE!!! Oh my, who needs (another) cocktail right now? Just kidding. I don’t really, but since this week we’re focusing on CELEBRATING what feels like quickest season ever thus far, I’m gonna bust out another naturally sweetened cocktail recipe for you. And while I’m at it, I might as well tell you why this paloma tequila cocktail is healthy, light, refreshing, and should be added to your holiday celebration. Mmm k?
So let’s talk tequila.
Light and Naturally Sweetened Winter Citrus Paloma Tequila Cocktail!
First of all, raise your hand if you usually have mimosas or bloody marys at your holiday brunch? I’m going to assume all of you have your hand raised. Good, because now I’m adding in a super simple and EASY light cocktail for you to try instead (or in addition to). I promise, you’ll like it. I mean her.. Paloma.
And secondly, hear me out. … Citrus plus tequila can have it’s Health benefits.
- It’s gut-friendly — A small amount of QUALITY tequila can help regulate the absorption of fat in your intestines. Plus the fermentation of the plant will feed the beneficial bacteria living in your intestines. YAY!
- It can help fight colds – forget bone broth, the Mexican parents give a shot of tequila to cure a cold.
- 1/2 ounce of tequila blanco (no caramel color) + agave nectar (reduces intestinal bacteria and soothes a sore throat) +freshly squeezed winter citrus (high in Vitamin C) = MEDICINE
- Pain Reducer – well duh. But really, a small amount can help dilate blood vessels and release “tension.” So to speak.
Um, I’ll raise a glass to less tension, less pain, better immunity, and a happy gut this Holiday season! Haha.
But this post really isn’t a post about why you should booze it up and drink tequila cocktails every day. No, that’s not what I mean.
The point is this. You can celebrate ANY holiday and stay healthy if you focus on quality. Quality time, quality food, quality drink, quality movement, and quality sleep. That just might make easing into those January health goals a little easier, right?
I’m preaching to the choir here folks, especially for the quality sleep part. Remind me next week that I said this, ok?
In the meantime, go grab some winter fruit, a little natural sweetener (like agave and orange peel), bubbles, quality tequila, and let’s get this paloma tequila cocktail recipe mixed up! The celebration has started!
Light Citrus Paloma Cocktail Recipe
- 1 Orange (Juiced)
- 10 to 14 oz sparkling grapefruit water or light soda (we used low cal Bai Bubbles grapefruit)
- 1-2 ounces tequila blanco
- 2 tsp agave nectar (light)
- dash of sea salt
- orange peel
- Juice your orange and lemon and keep them in separate cups.
- Next, Fill two glasses with 5-7 ounces (each) of sparkling grapefruit water or soda. Add in your orange juice, Half the the amount in each glass.
- add 1 tsp each of agave to each glass, a dash of sea salt, and stir.
- Last add in 1/2 to 1 ounce shot of tequila in each glass, a spritz of lemon juice and then garnish with a pinch of orange peel on top of each glass rim or in drink.
sparkling grapefruit options - La Croix, Bai Bubbles, or Izze Sparkling grapefruit are all naturally sweetened with no added sugar.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunch
or hashtag #cottecrunch
Have a wonder Christmas and Holiday!
p.s Paloma is spanish for DOVE. Which is a sign for PEACE. So…. There’s that and just more confirmation that this tequila cocktail definitely fits into the holidays, amen!! PALOMA, LOVE, JOY!