Cinnamon and Spice Plantain Protein bites! A Grain Free Protein Bite flavor using winter spices; Cinnamon Clove, Ground Anise! Paleo and Vegan Friendly
What makes a recipe successful? I actually think about that a lot when cooking and/or recipe creating. And you know what? To me, it’s about 3 things.
- Does this recipe benefit someone NUTRITIONALLY?
- Does this recipe make someone WANT to cook/ bake or just feel INSPIRED in the kitchen?
- Does this recipe make you want more (meaning taste)!?
Which is why I created Healthy Bites in the first place. To be able to fuel myself, my family, and others with nutritionally dense gluten free snacks. And to inspire others to make them for their kids, their loved ones, themselves. They are usually pretty easy to make, simple directions, always gluten free, and oh so tasty!
This month’s flavor has that same purpose and function, but in an extra special way. It’s nourishing for these winter months.
I created this healthy bites flavor using my favorite winter spices. It’s basically cinnamon and spice but we will call them Winter Spice plantain bites. Sound good?
Cinnamon, Clove, Ground Anise – > all healing spices with anti-inflammatory properties. a Which means you can keep that immune system working like a charm!
I also made them grain free (with plantain flour) and added in molasses (for that sweet flavor and a boost in iron).
Grain Free Cinnamon and Spice Plantain Bites
Grain Free Cinnamon and spice Healthy protein Bites these ares so great for snacks on the go, pre or post workout, and for kids! and we love the combo of cinnamon and other winter/fall spices. You can use them ANY time of year!
- 1 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/2 cup plantain flour or ground plantain chips. you can also use protein powder instead if you don't have plantain flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 -1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves (ground)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp ground anise --> optional. you can use nutmeg instead
- 1/2 tsp butter or vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp molasses
- First, grind up your plantain chips. Then just mix up dry ingredients and add in nut butter, extract, and, molasses, and honey. Mix well, then roll into balls/bites. Freeze right away then use Vanilla Protein Powder or use coconut flour/sugar to roll bites in after frozen. Store in fridge or freezer to maintain freshness. Makes around 34-36 bites, give or take.
- NOTE –> if your batter is dry, you might need to add more honey and/or nut butter to keep batter from being to dry.
recipe by Lindsay at Cotter Crunch
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunch
or hashtag #cottecrunch
And now comes the “successful” recipe part. I want you all to be able to make these yourself or try them yourself, so I am giving away a batch of Healthy Bites, a $100 gift card to whole foods (thanks to #pathToFit Garmin/Whole Foods) so that you can go buy the ingredients yourself, plus other healthy items and groceries. I’m also going to throw in my Healthy Bites ebook, just for kicks. Sound good?
Thanks for always supporting!
[bctt tweet=”Must make! #Grainfree Cinnamon and Spice Plantain Protein Bites via @LCCotter #nourish #fitfluential”]