Well what’d ya know? I’m 3 for 3 this week. Meaning, I’ve written 3 posts in 3 days. Whoa, now that’s BOLD for me. Ha. But I’m trying. Trying to be BOLDER blogger. And that means sharing good content when inspiration hits, yes?
Today is no exception because it’s a GRAIN FREE Cotter Creation. Yes the Sherpa wife is back in the kitchen and the Kiwi Cotter is starting another training block. That means dense calories, good calories, quality calories.
You might have seen me post this GARLIC bread during his recovery weeks. It’s low sugar/carb and freakin delicious. But now we must switch gears a bit. Same grain free concept but I wanted to add in a wee bit more calories and nutrients. Hence this chia recipe. It’s perfect for a nourishing snacking or a fueling breakfast. Okay it’s just plain good ANYTIME!
- 1/4 cup Chocolate or vanilla Protein powder
- 1/2 cup Mila Chia flour (or flaxmeal or just grind up chia seed very fine)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (can use peanut flour instead or almond meal)
- 3 eggs separated (save the yolk)
- 3/4 cup egg whites (so about 6 egg whites combined with the eggs above)
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut butter or I used chocolate MELT which is amazing–>blend of coconut/plant oils
- Coconut oil or Spray
- dash of sea salt and baking soda
- Add Stevia drops if you want it sweeter (optional- I did not use any extra sugar)
- Optional Add-ins : unsweetened shredded coconut , dark chocolate chips, chocolate coated nuts/seeds, coffee.
Combine all your egg whites (and the ones separated) into a large bowl. Beat for about 2 minutes or until fluffy.
Slowly fold in your protein, chia flour, and coconut flour and mix again with hand or mixer. Fold in your 2-3 of your remaining egg yolk and your coconut butter. Last, stir in your optional add-ins and extracts. Pour batter into an oiled (I used coconut spray) bread pan. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or so. Remove let it cool before slicing or touching.
Notes: You can use any type of protein. If you are vegan, try using flax egg or chia egg. I haven’t tried that yet but it could work. [/print_this]
Alrighty…. Kiwi is fueled and now I am fueled .. body, mind, and soul. I’d say that’s a good hump day.
Favorite fuel this week?
- Instagram –LCCotter
- Pinterest– LCCotter
- Email- email@example.com
- Bloglovin-Cotter Crunch
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
Stay tuned for Friday–> it’s a Flavor Friday Healthy Bites Recipes and giveaway!