These sweet Gluten-Free breakfast wraps are the perfect grab and go breakfast! Portable, freezer friendly, and filled with wholesome simple ingredients! Literally a healthy breakfast bowl wrapped up to go; 3 ways! Healthy breakfast wraps that will satisfy your hunger on a busy schedule.
Hey hey! So I’m sharing something a little different, but fun and helpful for you today! I’ve partnered with Udis Gluten Free to bring you 3 GRAB and GO GLUTEN FREE BREAKFAST WRAPS (SWEET STYLE)! We are thankful for their wonderful Gluten free products and allowing me to continue to share and create gluten free recipes.
Can I be honest with you? Um. I didn’t realize how lucky I was to be working from home until my husband switched careers. Yes, meal prep bowls and grab and go gluten free wraps were pretty non existent during our triathlon career days. I was (okay, I still am) a Sherpa wife that had time to make meals and snacks to feed “the crew” from home whenever. Gasp! The luxury I know. But still, food prep should be a good thing to implement, no matter the career or lifestyle, yes? Just ask my friend the Lindsay from the Lean Green Bean! She is my meal/food prep inspiration and devotes a whole Sunday to it! I love it!
Which brings me back to this whole grab and go concept. What if we could make eating gluten free part of healthy meal prep? Without even trying! Oh yes, it can be done! That I know and practice already! Phew!
You see, despite the convenience of working from home, my husband is still very much active and training. Even with a real Job now. Which means breakfast to go is a must! He doesn’t eat much before a morning workout because he’s usually out the door before 7am. Sure he could easily grab a quick bite at a coffee shop on the way, but that’s not cheap either, nor is it usually healthy. So we decided to come up with a game plan. Freezer friendly gluten free breakfast wraps with Udis Gluten Free Tortillas. Soft, tasty, gluten free tortillas. YEA! TOTAL GAME CHANGERS Ya’ll!
I filled each breakfast wrap with ingredients similar to some of our favorite morning breakfast bowls. Balanced in healthy fats, fruit, real food based gluten free carbs, and natural sugars! They are also vegetarian so they would hold up well longer. Oh and because we really are big kids and what kid does not like a sweet breakfast? Haha.
Ready to find out what’s in these UDIS GLUTEN FREE Tortillas? Oh You’re gonna looooove!
*NOTES* Just use those leftover oats/rice for filling. No wasting here!
I call this the perfect Parfait wrap. Get it? Haha! Parfait is perfect in French. I know. I’m corny. This wrap is filled with Udis Gluten Free Vanilla Granola, Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt if you need dairy free), and raspberry preserves or jam.
The CHUNKY MONKEY oatmeal breakfast wrap! Peanut butter, banana, dark chocolate chips, banana, and cooked oats with a bit of cocoa powder mixed in. Feel free to add in extra walnut or nuts. Heck just throw in some of my chunky monkey trail mix for crunch! A Cotter crunch! Oh gosh, I gotta stop the cornball-ness.
The nontraditional (but one of my favs). Almond Berry Cinnamon (ABC) Rice Porridge Wrap. I cooked rice in part coconut milk to make it taste more like my original breakfast coconut rice porridge. It also gives the rice a little sweetness. It’s the perfect “resistance” starch filler. Good for the gut! Then just add in your berries, cinnamon, and almond butter. BAM!
Healthy Grab and Go Gluten-Free Breakfast Wraps (3 Ways)
- 3 Udis Gluten Free Large Tortillas
- Foil to wrap
DIFFERENT FILLINGS BELOW
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked rice (best cooked with a little milk)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- dash Ginger
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate oats (cooked. See notes for instructions)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (melted)
- 1/2 banana
- 1-2 tbsp dark Chocolate chips
- dash of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup Gluten Free vanilla granola (Udis)
- 1-2 tbsp raspberry jam or preserves
- 2-3 oz Plain or Vanilla Greek yogurt
For Cooking the Rice/Oats in Large Batches
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Brown or White Rice (about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup cooked)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup Gluten Free oats (about 1 cup cooked)
- coconut or almond milk (for rice and oats)
- water (for rice and oats)
- First make your rice/oats if you don't have any leftovers.
- see notes on how to make the large batches of rice/oats.
- For cooked oatmeal, stir in Chocolate Chips or cocoa after cooked.
- For the cooked rice, add in 1 tsp cinnamon and optional nuts after cooked.
- Heat each Udis Gluten Free tortilla wrap in the microwave for 10 -15 seconds so they can fold easily.
- Warm the nut butters so they melt and spread evenly on tortillas.
- Then fill each tortilla with ingredients.
- Fold each tortilla at the bottom, roll up.
- Place each tortilla in a large square foil piece of paper.
- Roll tightly folding at the ends. Place in freezer until ready or take and eat!
- For reheating from frozen, place in toaster oven or large oven at 350F until thawed and warmed. Check at 10 and 15 minutes so the yogurt doesn't melt.
Rice and Oat Cooking times and ingredients You will need to have at least ½ cup cooked gluten free oats and rice beforehand. Leftovers from a recipe are great! Or instant! Here’s how I cooked them beforehand for the wraps. Larger oat/rice batches for meal prep
For Oat Mix – You can make in the rice maker, stove top, or Microwave. 1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats , 1/2 cup water, ½ coconut milk or almond milk. Cook according to directions on stove-top or microwave. Cook to desire consistency. Stir in 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, or 3-4 tbsp dark chocolate chips. Add 2 tbsp almonds/nuts
For the Rice/Brown Rice (stove-top or rice cooker). ½ to 2/3 cup rice, 1 cup water , 1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk, 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup, ½ to 1 tbsp cinnamon. Cook in Rice cooker or on stove top (20 minutes)
Nutrition Each wrap is around 375 -430 calories 45-55 carbs 10-15 grams healthy fats, and 5-10 grams protein. Slice in half to lighten calories. Chunky monkey wrap is most nutrient/calorie dense. See blog post for calories there.
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunch
or hashtag #cottecrunch
Nutrition Per Wrap will Vary. 375-435 calories Per FULL wrap.
I’m going to give the Nutrition For the Chunky Monkey, the most filling! Cool?
Well guys, that’s a wrap! Literally. And I’m officially hungry a second breakfast.
Who wants one?
Which breakfast wrap would you try first? Or would you create your own?
I’d love more ideas, so please share! Mmm k?