Paleo pumpkin bread with fresh rosemary and pumpkin seeds! Have you tried savory pumpkin bread? This is an easy quick bread recipe! Rosemary paleo pumpkin bread is the perfect healthy snack, breakfast, or accompaniment to any soup or chili.
Ahhh pumpkin. Tis the season. Paleo Pumpkin Bread, sweet or savory. Pumpkin oats. No bake Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Bites. Seafood Pumpkin Squash Pasta (or rather, my version of squash on squash). Ha! I’m surprised we all aren’t walking with an extra orange glow. Or are we? Don’t answer that. Instead, answer me this.
If we all love pumpkin, then it better be good for us, right? You’re answer is YES YES YES! That being said, it definitely depends on the recipe. Mmmm…. pumpkin cheesecake my night be an “anti-inflammatory,” recipe, but Rosemary paleo pumpkin bread –>> DING DING DING! We have a winner!
And because I was completely INFATUATED with my Homemade Nut and Seed Paleo Bread and Orange Zucchini Paleo Bread, I had to the grain free love. You’re cool with that, right?
So let’s discuss Pumpkin and Rosemary. Together, forever!
Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread – The IMPRESSIVE nerdy nutrition Facts.
- This bread is like.. the perfect post workout snack. Yep! Cooked pumpkin has more potassium than a banana. GASP! So great for balancing those electrolytes
- Canned pumpkin puree (not the pie filling ya’ll) is packed with TONS of vitamins. In fact, it contains one of my favorite. Yep, 50 percent of the daily value of vitamin K,. You know I love my Vitamin K for metabolism and bone health. I boasted about it with that mustardy Brussel sprouts recipe. Remember?
- 1 cup pumpkin contains 246% Vitamin A. DUDE! That is an impressive amount of an anti-oxidant. Your eyes will thank you!
Now about that Rosemary.. I did not forget.
Yes, Rosemary is just as AMAZIN!
- Rosemary, the “SUPER” herb, contains certain substances, such as flavonoids and volatile oil, that are useful for boosting the immune system, increasing blood flow and circulation, plus it can help improve digestion. Rosemary also contains anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce respiratory problems. This is why many people love using the (essential oil Rosemary oil). While I have not tried this oil yet myself, but I have heard it does help reduce symptoms for people with digestive problems as well as respiratory problems, such as asthma. Ahhh Breathe Happy ya’ll!! Rosemary essential oil on my list to try next!
So ya, this Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin bread is loaded with SUPER nutrients, but it’s only part of there reason I made it. Okay I lie, it’s 85%.
The truth is, our lifestyle has changed drastically over the past year. My husband retired from pro triathlon racing into a full time “desk” job. Um, that wasn’t hard or anything (enter sarcasm). Hard as it maybe have been, it was a good choice for us. That being said, I don’t make the same food for him. In fact, he’s lifting weights on a regular basis and craving a higher protein/fat foods. Yes, my endurance junky loving of a man is now in the GYM with dumb bells, GASP!!
And me? Well, I took a step back from teaching fitness classes (and fitness in general) to have surgery, and am slowly easy back into things. Gosh ya’ll, we’ve changed a lot. Our dietary needs have changed and so sometimes we GO BIG or go home, like say with… mmmm paleo chocolate caramel. But most of the time, like that 85% of the time, we’re focusing on nourishment and a little more protein packed into those meals. Plus ALL THE VEGGIES to boot! Yes, we need those healing foods! Oh and wine… I will always make room for wine. Haha!
This rosemary paleo pumpkin bread recipe has become a great Fall bread staple. Grain free, dairy free, and great as breakfast or even with Paleo Chili.
Yep. SUPER! I mean SOOOOOOUPER! Alright, that’s enough puns for a Monday.
Let’s jump to this easy pumpkin quick bread recipe.
EASY Rosemary Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil (the more oil, the more dense, moisture).
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice will work, just an acid)
- 3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 rosemary sprigs with stems removed
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (feel free to add in more seeds like sunflower seeds or fennel seeds)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 9x9 bread pan (or 2 mini loaf pans) with parchment paper. Grease or oil the side of the pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vinegar. Beat gently or mix with spoon until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together your dry ingredients (flours through seasonings and sea salt). Keep the pumpkin seeds and rosemary sprigs aside.
- Combine the flour mix with the pumpkin/egg mix into one bowl. Beat or gently mix until batter is smooth. It might be a little grainy due to coconut flour.
- Fold in your rosemary sprigs. Keep a few for topping.
- Pour batter in to lined 9x9 pan (or 2 smaller mini loaf pans).
- sprinkle pumpkin seeds and extra rosemary on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hr. (Check bread after 45 minutes to see progress)
- Cover with foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden brown and center comes our clean with poked with knife or toothpick.
- Remove and let cool.
- Once cooled you can remove the bread from the pan and slice or store for later.
- You can freeze this bread for later use as well.
NUTRITION Since this bread is pretty dense, I recommend using it as a meal or slice thinner for a side. Texture is amazing and filling!
This has a lovely rosemary taste. Feel free to reduce the "herbed" taste by using one sprig or two. You also use thyme or mix herbs.
This a GREAT bread to make with paleo Chili .
© Cotter Crunch All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use any text or images without prior permission.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you try this recipe! I'd love to see it and share it!" Tag me on IG @cottercrunch
or hashtag #cottercrunch
Since this bread is pretty dense, I recommend using it as a meal or slice thinner for a side. Texture is amazing and filling!
Nutrition for thinner slices
Helpful Kitchen tools for this Paleo Pumpkin Bread:
Alright, I’m just going to leave this slice right there for ya. Somebody please pass me the buttah!!!! YUM!
Have you ever tried make a savory paleo pumpkin bread? Do you use Rosemary oil or herbs? I’d love more ways!
And finally, my last question. The real life question. How has your diet changed this past year. What makes you feel good at the moment? Every one is so unique with their nutritional needs, based on their activity or food sensitivities.
No one is here to judge those food/lifestyle choices, just support and NOURISH!
Can I get A-M-E-N?!!
p.s this post does contain some affiliate links from my shop page. Thanks for supporting!