Super food super fruit cake chocolate smoothie! Yes, a cake smoothie packed with super fruit like berries, dark chocolate, and more! It’s healthy, paleo, and perfect for breakfast or post workout. Cake in chocolate smoothie form, anytime!
When I was a kid, I used to get giddy when we hit the last 5 days till Christmas. It meant school was out and I hadn’t a worry in the world. Plus I knew I was on the nice list. I was a goody two shoes, so Santa loved me! 😉
Well, today that giddy feeling is kinda still there, but along with it is a feeling of being rushed. Like an “oh crap I haven’t bought any gifts yet” kind of feeling. And an “oh my gosh why are these lines SO LONG let’s hurry it up people” kind of feeling. I know you can relate, right?
Yes, I am that woman. The last minute shopper. One who rushes to get it all done in one or two days! I blame my husband. He’s super low key and saves everything to last minute, and over the course of our 7 year marriage, I’ve adapted to his ways…. hence Crazy Cotter Syndrome.
Okay okay, I don’t blame everything on him, but I do blame myself. Being caught up in “life” obligations can be distracting. It can can cause me to miss this whole “HOLIDAY” season. It can cause me to STRESS instead of slow down and DE-STRESS. It can cause me to forget to rest and digest.
Rest and Digest –> physically and mentally. Take a day, or two, or three, to digest REAL food. To let the nervous system calm down from all the hustle and bustle. To digest the SEASON (the slower the better).
This past weekend I took “DIGEST ” day. And to kick it off, I focused on MAXIMIZING my nutrients with a festive SUPER “fruitcake” smoothie.
What’s in my SUPER FRUITCAKE smoothie?
- Grass fed Beef Gelatin -> helps soothe the colon so that nutrients may be absorbed and reduce any reflux caused my acid binding foods. Plus did you know that it actually has an ANTI-STRESS effect? It’s TRUE!
- Pumpkin – Vitamin A and Fiber
- Banana– Potassium
- Cocoa – Unsweetened. Packed with Antioxidants
- Chocolate Nuttzo – Good Fat and Omegas (plus the brazil nuts have serotonin –> good for adrenals)
- Coconut Milk – Dairy Free and Good Source of Saturated Fat (the good kind)
- Blueberry Bai 5 – An antioxidant drink with Coffee Fruit (don’t worry, doesn’t taste like coffee, it’s the fruit in which the bean is grown). Coffee fruit is a amazing SUPER FRUIT rich in antioxidants and helps fight free radicals. Remember, free radicals cause cell damage. Free radicals are caused by… well… STRESS.
See, a fruitcake in a DELICIOUS and NUTRITIOUS form!
You diggin this yet? If not, you so should! Trust me!
Alright friends, time to tackle the last bit of shopping. I’m feeling energized and FESTIVE! The countdown to Christmas is on, bring it!
Favorite festive smoothie? Are you taking time to digest during the Holiday season?
Stay thirsty, HEALTHY, and have a marvelous Monday!
Looking for More MEATLESS Monday recipes? Check out Deborah and Tina’s Link up!