I rarely post on the weekends anymore and this post isn’t one to “star” in you reader, but I had the urge… so go with me.
You see, we all have our little “kicks.” We find something we like, whether it be a food, a workout, a craft, etc. and we RAVE about it. We totally get into it and make it a daily “thang.”
It makes us happy.
It feeds our cravings.
It is SATIFYING…. well, at least for the time being.
Here are some Cotter Kicks as of lately… not to be confused with “pumped up kicks.” tee hee.
Kick # 1- One Pot/Skillet Wonders.
Quick Quinoa Mish Mash:
- In a deep skillet, thrown in frozen vegetables, frozen chicken sausage (or vegetarian sausage, etc.), 1/2 cup rinsed quinoa, and fresh garlic.
- Add 1/2 cup water. A little bit of dry wine.
- Turn to medium heat and cover for 15 minutes. Turn to low if quinoa still not fluffy after 15 minutes.
- Make sure all your ingredients are frozen, that is key.
- The last few minutes I might add chopped goats milk feta or even an egg to stir in and cook.
- Then pile it on a tostada, a tortilla, a salad, etc. Top with Avocado to finish.
Kick # 2- This wine. Yes, Spy Valley. The Sauvignon Blanc is just as tasty!
Kick # 3- All things YOGI. Yogi Tea, feeling like a yogi with my Yoga and juicing, etc. Now I just to watch some Yogi bear.. wow, that was corny.
Kick # 4- The Photo a Day May. Totally a kick! Totally hooked. I blame instagram. Here a phew of my past few days pics … just for kicks.
Day 2, day 3, day 11, day 12
okay spill it.
What are your recent “kicks?”
Cheers to the weekend!