My title pretty much explains this post. Yep, it’s time to confess. And since I like alliterations (or semi alliterations), I’m going to roll with it. Short, sweet, and to the point.
1. I consider myself a “half-ass” (pardon my French) food blogger/healthy living blogger. I mean, I strive to be healthy 80% but I have feel like life’s too short not to have a glass of wine each night. And l get tired of thinking or overanalyzing food. I deal with it everyday as a nutrition manager. Sometimes I think we all just need to go back to when we were 5 years old and our biggest worry was what cartoon to watch, not what, when to eat, etc. Also, I have yet to update any recipes, besides healthy bites of course. We’ve been living off of eggs, frozen peas, potatoes, and GF chicken sausage lately. We are in major budget mode. But hey, all of these foods go great with wine, right?
2. I miss running but I don’t miss running. You see, I’m not doing a whole lot of working out till this whole stomach thing is healed. I cut out running about 3 months ago. What I realized is that I just like being outside. Walking, hiking, etc. I like the sounds of the trails. Oh I will for sure be back to running, some day, but without the “pressure miles or “rules.”
3. We have no idea what the rest of the year is going to look like with racing/training for the hubs. Am I okay with that? Well, sure. I have come to realize that all things happen for a reason, good and bad. And if I (we) keep trying to make plans in the midst of chaos, then all hell will break loose. Trust me, I’ve tried. My new motto is “just pray and give it time.” Goes along perfectly with this month’s theme “Blessed Awareness.”
4. I am somewhat superstitious. Yes, I do 12 chaturangas every morning when I wake up because it’s 2012. I feel like it’s good luck, yes? Or I am just crazy. This past weekend, I went back to my blondish roots. Why? Because when I was blonde, the hubs was racing well. When I dyed it brown, his knee pain came back. See, I told you I was crazy. haha.
5. I will never be able to post everyday. I tried. I wrote crap. I actually got anxious. Who does that? haha. I’m more of a reader than a writer. Plus I really can’t multitask that well. I get side tracked way to too easily. Feel free to laugh with me here.
6. And last but not least, we’re going somewhere. Remember the whole “stand by” Cotter?” You know, how we make plans but they change every hour? Well, that happened this past week. Our bags/bikes are packed. We’re gone for two weeks. I’ll be practicing A LOT of my SHERPA SKILLS!
So if you are reading this Monday, I am probably on a plane. See you when we get there!
Confess something, anything.
“Stand by” Cotters