Gluten Free Chocolate Chip pancake bread. This pancake “quick bread” is super easy to make with minimal ingredients. Delicious, healthy, and great for desserts, breakfast, or snacking on the go!
Hi Monday! Hi All! Don’t worry, today’s recipe has nothing to do with pumpkin. But I’ve got plenty of them coming. Ahem.. stay tuned.
Honestly, I made this recipe about a month ago and didn’t feel like posting it then because it was about 100F outside. Baking was the last thing on my mind. Although, today it is crisp 95F so I guess not much has changed. Except for it’s almost officially FALL, which justifies my baking.
Plus Chocolate and pancakes are allowed ANYTIME of year! That’s new rule. Didn’t you hear? 😉
But don’t let the name and title fool you. This bread is actually healthy and tailored to be gluten free. This bread is actually a lazy girls guide to chocolate chip bread and pancakes combined. Except no flipping is involved. We all know I can’t flip pancakes. I usually flop pancakes. Haha, but at least I try.
Okay, back this this bread.
Things you will need; gluten free pancake batter mix, chocolate chip morsels (I used allergy friendly enjoy life), plain yogurt or kefir yogurt (hello probiotics), eggs, honey, and teeny bit of coconut sugar, if you like. Oh and extracts. Can’t forget the pure vanilla, yes!
I told you it was simple. Perfect if you want to be a lazy baker. Because, let’s face it. Baking season is upon us, you’ll have plenty of time to be a Martha in the kitchen. Save your energy now but still look like a Saint!
And I’m sure you are asking… why the bread and not the actually pancake?
Here’s my other justification.
- This bread is portable. Just like this homemade “uncrustable“ recipe, you can use it in the same way! It makes for a great peanut butter banana sandwich (just sayin)
- It freezes well so you can make a big batch and freeze the rest for later.
- Great for post workout snacks on the go or in kids lunches
- You can make it a “coffee cake” if you’d like for when guest come over.
See… wam bam thank you mam!
Now, pass me the syrup and butter and let’s eat.
- We got our car back and it actually wasn’t as $$ as we thought it would be. Praise God!
- I redid last year’s halloween bite and kept most of them to myself. Because sometimes you just need to make yourself treats, right?
How was your weekend? Did you start baking? Are you lazy with baking at times?
You laziness is safe with me, and fully allowed.