I’ve nicked named myself the Bahama mama Sherpa. I only say that because I have the hair to prove it. It’s my “holy cow humidity FRO” hair.
I blame it on the rain. It’s been raining everyday since we got here. I think we must have brought it with us. Sorry bahamas. But the good news is, with my new FRO, I have yet to wash my hair. So… I am saving on shampoo, right?
Anyway, here’s a little video of where we’ve been staying, etc. Please excuse the hair once again. It has a mind of it’s own. Plus I had just gotten back from a walk. Yes, I am sweating like I was in a steam room. That’s totally normal when you walk 2.0 mph here.
And here’s our ride. We call her the Bahama Yellow Beast.
A view from the house. The 2 minutes it wasn’t raining.
Tomorrow we are off to the island Eleuthera.
Lots of good riding there and of course WHITE BEACH! As the official Bahama Mama, I’m packing balls.. I mean bites. Bahama Breeze Bites. Yes, I am sharing the recipe. This recipe definitely needs to be shared. Come get your Bahama Breeze on with me.
- 6 oz. dried pineapple
- .25 cup cashew or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp pb flour (optional)
- 25 grams vanilla protein
- 2 tbsp. shredded coconut
- ¼ cup banana chips (crushed)
- ½ tsp. rum extract
- ¼ cup honey or agave nectar
- Grind up pineapple and banana chips separately in food processor. Transfer into a large bowl and a pinch of
- coconut. Then stir in your protein powder, nut butter, and coconut/pb flour. Pour in the rum extract and mix
- Last, mix in your honey/agave and then roll into balls/bites. Roll each bite in the extra coconut and protein powder before storing. Freeze right away then store in fridge or freezer to maintain freshness .
- Makes around 22-24
Tell me, how do you tame your hair?
Happy Holiday Weekend!