Ancho Beef Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins. A paleo meal or appetizer that is so easy to make and full of flavor! These sweet potato skins are filled with tasty ancho beef chili, chopped and roasted poblanos, and a spicy avocado cream sauce. The best kind of dish to satisfy that hunger. Dairy free, gluten free, and whole 30 friendly ya’ll! P.S I’ll let you know just how GOOD for you real food can be below. Keep reading!
We’re in the thick of it y’all. Chili season, football season, warm me up food season, snack and cheesy appetizer goodness season, and basically all the Fall food season. Kinda feels and sounds like heavy food. But want to know something totally ironic about this?
More than ever, people (and even my friends/reader’s) are looking for paleo friendly, low carb, “clean eating” recipes. Yes, those simple wholesome recipes that can still bring comfort and nostalgia.
Totally doable!! Kinda makes me giddy too. It means that we (a society at whole) are caring more about OUR OWN health and balance. Now need to go all cray cray ( my new favorite term for crazy) with strict dieting or detoxes. No no, please say that trend has come and gone.
And no need to eliminate all your favorite comfort foods. Instead, we take real food, dense in nutrients and maybe even calories (energy), and we use it for good.
Good like spicy chili ..Ancho beef chili!
Good like sweet potato skins… skins stuffed with chili. Did I mention it was beefy? Ya that’s some serious iron rich goodness.
Good like roasted Poblano (Ancho) peppers. So good that they don’t need anything else added but a wee bit of avocado oil for roasting.
And speaking of avocado, that’s the also one good real food! Like using it to make an avocado cream sauce with …. wait for it…. real good, real food!
Paleo and clean eating all from simple food! Ahh yes.
You’re getting my drift, right?
Food ball tailgating snacks, spicy food, hearty chili/soup, and starchy vegetables all look and sound heavy, but in fact, they can nourish us inside and out!
What’s the goodness in the spicy ancho beef sweet potato skins? Well, I’ll tell ya!
- Organic lean beef – Mega source of Healthy Iron and essential amino acids from Protein.
- Sweet potato – A starchy tuber packed with fiber Vitamin A , potassium, and Betacarotene. Plus they contain at least 12% resistant starch, which is good for that gut health and feeding the good bacteria.
- Ancho peppers – part of the genus capiscum. These guys are low cal, rich in anti-oxidants, and natural pain relievers. Well, that’s just the start of it. SO much more health benefits but I don’t want to get all nerdy on a Friday. 😉
- Chili powder, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon – powerful spices that help reduce inflammation. Plus Cinnamon is a great digestive aid that soothes the stomach.
- Raisins – Natural energy, a digestive aid, and a good source of your plant based non-heme iron. Look for the sun-dried for the healthiest and naturally made raisins brands.
- Tomato – natural tomato paste is a great source of lycopene and Vitamin C!
- Cilantro – Rich in Vitamin K and Folic Acid.
- Avocado, Avocado Oil – Healthy Fats and more potassium than a Banana!
That’s it! Your next hearty appetizer just got healthier with real food.
Don’t tell the football watching men. Okay maybe you do just for shock factor!
Man approved, kid approved, home cook approved, paleo and whole30 friendly.
Or… if you’re like us, we made these for Sunday meal prep! Dude, a week of easy lunches just got made! So serious!
You can tackle batches of these at once to serve right away or save for later. Yep, kinda obsessed with appetizers as a meal prep idea. Why did we think of that earlier?
Okay ya’ll, time to STUFF your face. I mean… make these Paleo Ancho Beef Chili Stuffed Sweet Potato Skins.
NOTES –> Ya’ll, this is SO EASY. PROMISE! There are several ways to simplify this recipe as well. If you don’t want to use the Avocado cream sauce, just use guacamole! No roasted ancho peppers? No prob, use SALSA or fresh jalapeños. ALL SO GOOD!
Nutrition per medium potato skin without the Sauce.
- Calories will vary depending on how much potato is scooped out and the size of potatoes.
But I won’t judge you if you do stuff your face. In fact, I’ll get it started. Here’s the first batch.
Grab a bite, dig in, and savor the real food real simple, goodness!
What’s your favorite real food dish that no one can believe is healthy?
Ancho beef chili, have you tried it yet? Stuffed in potatoes or in a bowl, you just must!
I grew up with 3 brothers. Beef was a food group and never to be shared with others. LOL! This is how you get beef loving men to eat their veggies. Just sayin…