Don’t Bump My Happy & GF Chocolate PB Nuttzo Pie

by lindsay cotter on August 19, 2013

Last week was tough on the Kiwi. The 100+F heat made it hard for him to train like he wanted to and other “life” things occupied his mind. He felt as if his Pro career was “up in the air.” I guess you could say his HAPPY got bumped.

kemah

As a wife and a woman, I feel as if we are the ones that can control the tone of the house. Control, you know we like that. Ha Ha! But what I mean is that if WE smile more,are  positive, loving, and JOYFUL (even if when we don’t feel like it), it can soothe a bumpy week. It can bring peace in the midst of frustration.

smile

Last week I gave that bump a  little TLC and you know what? It worked. Well besides my one melt down. Hey I’m a woman not super woman, right? Winking smile This weekend that bump was healed and the house is now happy (for the most part).

We fueled well.. meaning HAPPY and Healthy Bodies!

New Healthy Bites recipe to share.. soon.

Apricot Mac Nut bites

New Love Grown Foods SUPER OATS. AMAZING! And yes, I’ll get to share these soon too. Promise.

Super Oats

The weather was cooler.. meaning HAPPY Training and more Family time outdoors!

trails

We enjoyed… meaning Happy Chocolate filled Bellies and some wine time (obviously).

IMG_20120608_111627

nuttzo pudding cups

nuttzo pie

I added in little bit of this whey protein. It was delicious!

IMG_20130731_150623

Makes for a pretty Marvelous Monday, ya know?

thehealthydiva

How do you react when you Happy get’s bumped?

Mini pies and Nuttzo are the cure, right?

;-)

For a 15% off discount on Nuttzo, use COTTER15 at checkout. Anytime! Go NUTZ!

p.p.s

If you have any GF treats that you make for loved ones (especially if they are having a bad week), come share with us in the UDIS GF community forum.

Michele @ Nycrunningmama August 19, 2013 at 4:45 am

I could not agree with you more about how we set the tone for the house. That’s one of the reasons why I go to bed early – I like to be awake, rested, and happy for when the little ones get up each morning. I try to set the tone for the day.
I’m sorry J had a rough week. Thinking of you both and praying that things continue the way you want them to. xo

Linz @ Itz Linz August 19, 2013 at 5:40 am

ain’t nobody got time to let their happy get bumped!! (ok yes we all have our moments but i just like saying ain’t nobody got time lol) and those mini pies?! HELLO GOODNESS!

Miz August 19, 2013 at 6:23 am

ooh girl.
you know me.
I PROTECT MY HAPPY LIKE A MAMABEAR.

xoxo

misszippy August 19, 2013 at 6:29 am

So glad you got things back on track…a tough week on one member of the family means a tough week for everyone. And I think those little treats would do the trick for just about anyone!

Lucie@FitSwissChick August 19, 2013 at 6:40 am

Welcome back HAPPY!! I was in a funk this weekend and yes, it happens. BUT there is too much to be happy about. Spending time outdoors, connecting with loved ones, curl up on the couch and watching some trash tv, yes, sometimes I need this to make me happy :-)

Liz @ I Heart Vegetables August 19, 2013 at 6:43 am

Oh wow, that sounds delicious!!

danielle August 19, 2013 at 6:47 am

That recipe looks amazing!!! Love your view on setting the tone of the house! Keep it happy girl :)

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast August 19, 2013 at 6:53 am

You know, it’s funny.. I definitely think about setting the tone for my daughter, but not so much for my husband… if I’m having a rough day, I want him to know it! But I’m realizing he can know it without having to deal with my complaining or grumpiness… I need to be more aware of setting a good tone for him, too!
That nuttzo pie has me drooling!!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 19, 2013 at 7:01 am

Glad you were able to restore the peace, happiness and beauty of your home. Sometimes I think we just need a little more TLC. :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) August 19, 2013 at 7:04 am

Last week was an awful week for me. My happy was definitely bumped. Sadly, when that happens, I walk away from everything. I didn’t post on instagram or fb and I didn’t really communicate with my friends. That leads me down a bad road. I really spent the time focusing on the bad and should have really turned things around by surrounding myself with more happy things. Despite Tony and the boys’ efforts, I withdrew. This week, I’m not going to do that. This week, I need to bring myself out of it and focus on the good…the positive. I hope you have a great week Lindsay (and James too)!

LCCotter August 19, 2013 at 7:06 am

you have my email and my number, text or call friend. I am always here. You know that. xxoo

Kat August 19, 2013 at 7:07 am

My happy got bumped Saturday when I hurt my foot on a long run :/ But I know resting and regrouping will get me through the marathon!

Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) August 19, 2013 at 7:17 am

I couldn’t agree with you more about women setting the tone. One of the reasons I think David married me is because I’m generally a pretty happy person. Sometimes he gets overwhelmed, and if I stay positive, we both end up happier :)

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 19, 2013 at 7:36 am

Mmmm…those mini pies sound fabulous! I have got to try out that Nutzo PB because it really does sound amazing!

AmyC August 19, 2013 at 7:49 am

My mom always told me that if you keep smiling, you can make yourself happy :) I think she was on to something. Glad to hear you got through a rough week.

Jody - Fit at 55 August 19, 2013 at 7:50 am

I love all the good things you brought to the home ESPECIALLY the bites & that recipe! Been waiting for that since I saw on IG!!!! YES to cooler too! :)

Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 19, 2013 at 7:52 am

I love the fact that happiness and positivity are contagious, even if it means that I sometimes end up being the annoyingly cheerful one that other people just wanna smack ;)

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers August 19, 2013 at 8:06 am

Way to stay positive! You’re such an inspiration.

Oh, and enjoy an extra glass of wine for me. ;) #winecotter

Heather (Where's the Beach) August 19, 2013 at 8:12 am

I wish I could share some of our very strange cooler weather with you and James. Or maybe you should come here for a visit to train ;-) And bring some of those pies will ya?

Kim August 19, 2013 at 8:20 am

I’m so glad that you were able to restore the happy to the home! There are days when I know that I’m bringing down the entire household because I let something shadow my happy – you are so right that as the female, we do set the tone!! Here’s to a happy week all around and maybe a bit of cooler weather, too!!!

Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love August 19, 2013 at 8:56 am

No matter what you do in life, it all boils down to your attitude and how you react towards a situation. Change your attitude and you’ll change your world!

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Love that Jolynn! and you are so right!

Giselle@myhealthyhappyhome August 19, 2013 at 9:04 am

I definitely agree that women control the tone of the house. Last week I was fighting a nasty cold and in a grumpy mood. Everyone was off including my 2 year old which led to a frustrating weekend of him pushing his limits and a few minor breakdowns by me. This week we’re starting the week off in a much better place and going to have a much better tone in our house :-)
How is that protein powder? I’m trying to find a good, grassfed Whey protein powder. So far I’ve tried the Jay Robb brand and Terra’s Whey. My hubby didn’t really like either but I thought they were okay. Pleasing him is key though since he uses it more often than I do.

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I liked it! It’s very creamy and thickened up nicely. not as grainy as Jay Robb

Jenny @ simply be me August 19, 2013 at 9:30 am

My husband definitely has the roll of keeping the happy in check at our house. He has a knack for always seeing the positive and helps me be that way too. I can get overwhelmed at times but he’s always there to reel me back in. But it’s still a give-take relationship and I help him when he truly needs it and we both know we have each others backs. And we both work to keep the happy in our kids lives :)

Kierston @candyfit August 19, 2013 at 9:47 am

I pause, breathe and look around at all the good that surrounds me. I then take a step forward and do what needs to be done to get over ‘that’ speed bump. No matter how long it takes to get over, I keep moving until I’m over it. xo

Laura @losingrace August 19, 2013 at 9:54 am

I think you are right, it really is up to us to set the tone of the house… I really need to work on that. Have to be grateful for all I do have and not focus on things out of my control. Start changing things I CAN and working on things I know will help us and our home. Our relationship happy has been bumped for a while and we are still working on it, it’s going to take time but I refuse to give up…

Lauren August 19, 2013 at 10:09 am

I always just need some “me” time when my happy gets bumped… Long car rides and music are the keys to my heart. <3 Anything with peanut butter is a cure, too, I definitely agree with you!

LCCotter August 19, 2013 at 8:49 pm

that’s true. it helps to take a ME break!

Amy @ The Little Honey Bee August 19, 2013 at 10:11 am

Yum yum yum! I keep meaning to ask you… do you ship Healthy Bites to Canada?!

LCCotter August 19, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I do but the shipping is $$. Trying to figure it out to make it cheaper. Argh!

Kim K August 19, 2013 at 12:18 pm

boo my first comment didnt publish :( those pies look amazing LC! thankfully the weather here in new england looks to be a bit cooler than TX, so hopefully the kiwi will find racing in it easier than in his home state!

Amanda @runtothefinish August 19, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I definitely think that both people in the house have a huge impact on each other and it’s important to put in a little extra love when one is hitting a rough patch

Melissa @ Treats With a Twist August 19, 2013 at 12:56 pm

I’ve realized that this is VERY true. When I get really sad or depressed, I really just want my fiance to be happy to help me be happy, but he tells me he just can’t be happy when I’m so sad. So, when I’m smiling and chipper (even if I’m seething inside), he’s that happy sweet man I love so much. It makes a huge difference!

Purelytwins August 19, 2013 at 1:32 pm

so jealous you got to go for hikes…the weather here has been rainy. We miss the sun, haha

Kalee August 19, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Oh my that looks so good!!! :) I totally agree — each person’s mood in the house effects everyone! It makes a world of difference just to smile and think before I snap at someone before having my morning caffeine fix. ;P

Lisa August 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Being happy bumped is not allowed in my life ;)
I totally agree with you that it’s us that sets the tone for the way the house effects us. It definitely has a lot of impact on one another, so it’s just super important to me to make sure I bring along happiness, positivity, compassion, and love through those rough patches.
Oh man, those mini pies look incredible!

She Rocks Fitness August 19, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Gorgeous weather this weekend! I spent a lot of it by the pool trying to “relax”…HA! And yes NuttZo and pies can cure just about anything. It’s an instant smile. XO

Kelsey @ Blonder Side of Life August 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Mmmm nut butters are my heaven, especially when combined with chocolate :) Nuttzo is not one I’ve ever heard of so it was fun finding something new! And did I order some? You better believe I did, thanks for the discount!

Christine | Mindful Juggling August 19, 2013 at 3:34 pm

what book is that smile quote from? I’m currently reading “The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands” – ever read it?

LCCotter August 19, 2013 at 8:28 pm

It’s actually from the HELP MEET. I love that book, although most women probably will be in shock. It’s very traditional. I Love the proper care and feeding of husbands too!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table August 19, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I loved that pic you posted on IG with the dinner spread and the view. So gorgeous!!!

Happy Bumps are the best. :)

Alysia @ Slim Sanity August 19, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I’ve been trying to get better (and I think I’m succeeding) as soothing the bumpiness when it comes, because it always does!

Brooke August 19, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Nuttzo definitely helps. I’ve gone through quite a bit of it over the past week, hehe! As do prayer and worship walk/runs (my new favorite exercise!) and days spent at home, unplugged (except for some good music), doing nothing but playing and cuddling. :)

Jan August 19, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I suppose all of our “happy gets bumped” sometimes. Luckily Mr. Cotter has a supportive wife like you to build him back up!

Erika @ fortheloveofpeanutbutter August 19, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Hoooooly yum. Anything with peanut butter and I’m in. Anything with chocolate and I’m in. Needless to say, I’m totally in!

PS I adore your positivity :)

LCCotter August 19, 2013 at 8:26 pm

oh woman, i adore YOU

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables August 19, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Oh I totally agree that we women control the tone of our home! So true. Luvy’s happy was bumped last week too, but with some extra TLC things are back to normal.

I am intrigued by those oats!! I need some. I love how they are GF! Heaven…

Abby @ BackAtSquareZero August 19, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I used to always turn to comfort food or tons of sweets, but now I am working hard on making smarter decisions… calling friends, reading a book, etc.

Jo-Lynne Shane {Musings of a Housewife} August 19, 2013 at 7:46 pm

That looks delish!! And you are so right, we are the ones who set the tone. Good luck to him!

LCCotter August 19, 2013 at 8:24 pm

thanks Jo-lynne! p.s How’s the foot?

Jo-Lynne Shane {Musings of a Housewife} August 19, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Same – sore the days I run, tight and sore in the mornings. 4 more weeks till the half marathon and then maybe I’ll rest… need to figure out how to keep running tho. :-) I’m addicted!

LCCotter August 19, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I swear by aqua jogging but i know you are not a fan. hehe Rest and recover then keep it up!

Jo-Lynne Shane {Musings of a Housewife} August 20, 2013 at 6:33 am

Ugh, no thanks! I might try to take up biking!

Heather @ Better With Veggies August 19, 2013 at 8:26 pm

I was just reading about attitude and the importance of choosing how you will respond to life each day – very much what you are talking about here. I am trying to remember that myself & respond with a smile – but there are times I’m better at it than others. :)

STUFT Mama August 20, 2013 at 1:23 am

Oh man, bumpy weeks are tough. I never thought of us as setting the tone of the house. You are so wise. :) I really need to be better about that. I hope this week is much better for you friend. Hugs and prayers!

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 6:33 am

sometimes just a smile works, yes?! xxoo thanks for prayers!

Jessie August 20, 2013 at 3:10 am

I think it all depends what type of mood I’m in when my “happy gets bumped”. Truthfully, I can either overreact & throw a fit, or just move on with my day.

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 6:33 am

oh girl, i can overreact too! trying hard not too these days.

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen August 20, 2013 at 7:26 am

Those mini pies look amazing!! I still have yet to try nuttzo…I think I need to change that…soon!

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 10:52 am

oh yes, you must! you will be hooked, for sure!

Meg @ A Dash of Meg August 20, 2013 at 8:27 am

haha my post today is about laughing at myself :D perfect tie in to yours :D i love that pic of you outside on the trail!

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 10:52 am

oh i love that! and i loved seeing you smile and laugh so much. xxoo

Suzanne @WorkoutNirvana August 20, 2013 at 11:27 am

Thanks for the reminder about controlling the happy vibe at home. You are so right, we can do much to set the tone. Thanks for sharing the recipe too!

lindsay August 20, 2013 at 1:34 pm

It’s easier said than done, but can be done, yes?

Bre August 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

oh goodness- so excited for the super oats! glad to hear that you got the happy back- hope this week is full of happy.

lindsay August 20, 2013 at 1:36 pm

me too! wish you were going to be at Rev3 Maine. xxoo

calee August 20, 2013 at 2:39 pm

100+° weather? ewww. Poor guy. Good thing he’s got you to take care of him and make sure he’s properly hydrated and nourished.

I don’t react well when my happy gets bumped, but I’m trying to learn to just roll with it and to settle the heck down.

PS I still need to get to the post office! d’oh.

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 8:35 pm

haha, no worries. I need to post yours too!

Nicole August 20, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Thanks, I needed that little reminder that I can help my house to be more positive, by being more positive :-) I’m glad you pass on these little hints after they have affected your life in a positive way! I’ll try it tonight!! Ooh, and thanks for the coupon code. I’m a fan of those!

Nicole

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 8:34 pm

report back, k?

Nicole August 20, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Lucky for me, I was laughing about something when he walked in the door :-) I’ll have to time it like that every day!

Nicole

LCCotter August 21, 2013 at 6:17 am

perfect timing indeed… Gods.

Danica @ It's Progression August 20, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Honestly? I’ve been noticing this same type of thing in myself…My mood really sets a tone for my little family. When I first realized the impact it has, it seemed like a curse. But I quickly realized that, no, it’s a BLESSING! I GET to set the tone. And as much as I can (though I have plenty of room to improve!!) I’m choosing happiness!

LCCotter August 20, 2013 at 8:35 pm

yes, you are totally right! it’s a blessing!