Thursday Thoughts & Love

by lindsay cotter on February 14, 2013

There are things in life we should be fine with, but we’re not. And no matter how much we try and “act” fine, inside we want to stomp our foot like a toddler with a tantrum.

That was me this week. Although I did end up stomping my foot and then taking out my aggression in the weight room. I was sore.

IMG_20120816_121742IMG_20130213_104101

But that’s probably the last thing I NEEDED to do to cope. Yes we are human and exerting energy does help us to be “more fine” with things, but only temporary.

So there I was, stomping away and not listening to God. I wanted my plans to happen, not His. I wanted to do my own thing and I wanted it NOW! (see, toddler tantrum–> mine mine mine)

That was until my tiredness set in, and in the midst of my weakness I prayed. Then I read this.

rest

Because where I am weak, HE IS STRONG! Thank goodness for that!

Just a few Thursday Thoughts today.

Happy Valentines Day! Hope you know that you are loved, even if you have your “days.”

IMG_20130214_053306

Signing off, humbled and thankful.

Tomorrow afternoon I will announce the BLEND retreat and ATTUNE Foods giveaway. Plus I’ll share a few Friday Foods & Finds! A much more light-hearted post. Winking smile

IMG_20130213_135937IMG_20130213_175914

p.p.s

you still have till the 17th to get 50% off your regular Nuttzo Order! Coupon Code CotterCrunch42 at checkout.

Chels R. February 14, 2013 at 3:05 pm

God has a way of showing us things just at the right time, doesn’t he? Hope you have a great day today awesome woman! Love that strength workout too :-)

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 3:09 pm

He sure does! Always! hugs.

Christa @ Edible Balance February 14, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Oh how I needed to read that excerpt from your book today. I have been feeling very weary lately, sometimes I just don’t even know what to pray for. But I know that because of who God is, I know I don’t have to say a word.

And yes, I had a bit of a ‘I want it now’ moment as well on the weekend. Thankfully both Marc and I made the right decision… it felt SO good! And I know for a fact that we let God take control of that situation. So very grateful.

WHY isn’t it Friday yet??!! I can’t wait to see who wins!

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Amen amen! sometimes i think we share the same brain Christa!

Heather @ Heather's Dish February 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Isn’t it fun how God teaches us lessons right when we need them the most? :)

See also – what are GI Jane burpees?

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 3:39 pm

yes indeed friend.

Oh and GI jane burpees are burpees but then you either step on a box and grab a pull up bar to do a pull up (that’s what i do) or if you are really strong you do a pull up from the bar with no box support.
Like this girl. She is super strong! http://vimeo.com/19751070

I use a box to step up first. hehe

Jody - Fit at 55 February 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm

HUGS!!!!! As I mentioned before, I am not religious BUT I have found my own way to seek out help…. I think that is what matters – not that we all believe the same but that we find our own way! Hope things get better!

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 4:24 pm

I love your hugs! <3 They are already make me feel better. xxoo

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 14, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Sometimes a little stomping is necessary. Get it out. :)

Happy Valentine’s Day, Lindsay!

LCCotter February 18, 2013 at 7:22 am

did you hear me stomping? hehe, all done now. thx!

Haley @ fullnfit February 14, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Just let it out, girl! You always feel better after. Have a great day! :)

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 14, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Here I was just thinking that I really needed to go for a run to throw my temper tantrum. ;) How are you so wise? I hope you’ve had an incredible day my friend! xoxo

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 14, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I had a few of those days at work this week, but thankfully I’ve been able to shake it off when I leave and come back feeling refreshed and ready for a good day.

Love you, friend!

LCCotter February 18, 2013 at 7:19 am

love you too Katie! thanks for always understanding!!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries February 14, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Praying for you Linds. I know the feeling. Rest in God… He knows what we need best!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 5:27 pm

needed those words. thanks ash!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 14, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I like to stomp my foot in the weight room too. ;)

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 6:08 pm

feels good. and I know i look cool, jk.
;-)

Meg February 14, 2013 at 6:05 pm

what a beautiful post! I love what you said about God being strong where we are not!

Lisa @ Lisa the Vegetarian February 14, 2013 at 6:12 pm

It’s great that you were able to work out some emotion during a workout! Hang in there and keep finding inspiration where you can. Happy valentine’s day!

jobo February 14, 2013 at 6:24 pm

WOW what a spot on message!! that gave me chills!! And I LOVE that you got a little spoiled by James, you deserve it friend!! XOXO! BTW SO excited to try Nutzo, just used your code and got Jess and me one, because I am a nice sister ;-P

Trish W February 14, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Thank you! I really needed to read that today! God bless!

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 9:02 pm

so glad! Cheers Trish!

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 14, 2013 at 7:25 pm

I think it can be perfectly ok to stomp around sometimes then take out that aggression and move along. Happy Valentine’s Day!

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 9:02 pm

and move along i did! phew!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 14, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I act all of 5 years old sometimes when I don’t get my way, but reading a message like that would probably knock the wind right out of me when I was pouting. What devotional is that?

LCCotter February 14, 2013 at 9:00 pm

i know, right? talk about a slap on the hand or FACE, haha. It’s called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I LOVE IT!

Felicia February 14, 2013 at 10:14 pm

i keep meaning to ask which devotional you read/use? i need it.. and i cant keep stalking your instagram :)

(okay i probably still will but thats besides the point!)

Felicia February 14, 2013 at 10:53 pm

okay nvm just saw your reply above haha!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:46 am

i stalk you too, in the best possible way! hehe

Addy @ Six-Kick Switch February 14, 2013 at 10:26 pm

I love love love your post Lindsay — God is good and I’m so happy that He’s working in your life, even if it’s hard to yield and be patient :)

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:00 am

AMEN to that! Patients… story of my life. Agreed

Bre February 14, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Happy love day my friend! I hear ya on the exerting energy to help cope— I’m guilty of that too! I’m planning on making the chia healthy bites this weekend— they are so perfect for me to make and keep in my car all week as I jump from house to house. ;) ah the fun of being homeless!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:44 am

wish you could be homeless here.

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast February 14, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Isn’t it incredible how those words come at the perfect time? It never ceases to amaze me. Learning to wait, listen, be still, trust… it’s a lifelong lesson. Love this, and I love your vulnerability. Happy Valentine’s day!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:40 am

learning and learning, yes. So thankful to grow from it too!

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice February 14, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I threw a hissy today too. I was throwing things around the kitchen and slamming doors. I am not proud of my behavior, but I needed to do it in that moment. But you are right it is only temporary. And it only made the situation worse. Later on.

Then I went to yoga class where we focused on the exact part of my body I have been having problems with. Funny how everytime I go to class we do something or the instructor says something that is exactly what I needed on that day or in that moment. Same thing happens when I come to your blog. It always resonates with my life and it gives me a sense of comfort.

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:45 am

i so wish we lived closer! sending hugs and yoga love!

Lesley February 14, 2013 at 11:11 pm

Oh, I so needed to see your devotional post today. My attitude has been less than desirable and the chip on my shoulder is getting sizable. Sometimes, there seems to be soo many problems and I feel so defeated, then think things are unfair then get mad and then usually start over again. I needed to see beyond me, to take things a day at a time and know I am going through what I am supposed to be. Thanks so much Lindsay!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:45 am

i know the feeling lesley. HUGS!

GiGi Eats Celebrities February 14, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Rowing is seriously an AMAZING work out!!! My only problem with it is that it tends to give me back pain! :(

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:40 am

oh no! that’s not good. Rowing is tough though!

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf February 15, 2013 at 1:26 am

Oh man, I often stomp it out in the weight room but you are so right – I feel better for the time being but the underlying issues still linger when really, I need to stop and listen and pay attention more to what’s going on around me. Hugs to you and Happy Valentine’s Day!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:00 am

that’s why i need to get back into yoga too! Keeps me from stomping… well most of time. hehe

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 15, 2013 at 3:30 am

Thank you for sharing this truthful reminder, Lindsay! I often attempt to release my frustration through physical action (stomping and kicking sure can feel good, can’t it?!), without doing the tough work and finding solace in God’s plan. Trusting that where we are right now–physically, emotionally and spiritually—is the RIGHT place, requires a huge leap of faith. But once we accept it, we’re promised peace and satisfaction! <3

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:46 am

a GIANT LEAP! You are so right. I need to accept it too.

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen February 15, 2013 at 5:05 am

Happy Valentine’s Lindsay! Thank you for sharing :)

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 8:32 am

hope you have a wonderful Vday tara too! Hugs!

Nichole February 15, 2013 at 9:16 am

HE is strong. What do you read from daily?

Happy valentine’s day!! :) xx

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 12:53 pm

It’s Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I LOVE IT!

Katie @momslrb February 15, 2013 at 1:31 pm

hang in there! I know the feeling. Stomp away!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 5:22 pm

not gonna lie, felt good to stomp. hehe

Kath (My Funny Little Life) February 16, 2013 at 5:51 am

You know that acceptance and rest are key issues for me … :P Yes, there are things we can’t change. I’m working on realizing that. And I need to say that you look incredibly fit! :D

LCCotter February 18, 2013 at 7:21 am

thank you friend. I need to do just that, accept.

And you look happy and healthy, so cheers! <3

Healthyleanfit February 16, 2013 at 10:23 pm

These are perfect words! Thanks for sharing! We MUST remember it is never by own strength, but HIS!!! It is sooo hard to remember!

LCCotter February 18, 2013 at 7:20 am

so hard to remember, and so TRUE!! Give it all to HIM! amen!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen February 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I have such a hard time letting go of the idea that I need to be in control, or that I even CAN be in control, of not only my own life, but the actions of others in it. I’m working on patience, with the fact that my own timeline isn’t always in sync with those around me…and that that is OK.

This isn’t EXACTLY in the same vein as your thoughts, but it is what yours sparked in me. :)