Friday Finds and Blend Winner

by lindsay cotter on February 15, 2013

Ahh yes, today is the day! I get to announce the Blend and Attune Foods winner. I think that’s the best part of my day, so stay tuned, well at least till the end of this post. Deal? Winking smile

Anyway, today I am feeling 110% better and I have a loving husband to thank for that. Okay and maybe a pair of Lululemon pants that I we can’t afford but totally makes me happy!

wunders

Come on, these would make you happy too, right?

Any, enough Lulu talk, let’s get to the good stuff.

Here are a few of my Friday Finds and Freebies from the week. Let me know if you tried any!

A few new favorite finds.

Plant Fusion Protein and the NEW baking NuNaturals sugar and flavor drops.

IMG_20130213_175914IMG_20130130_182935

Love the Plant Fusion Vegan Protein. I always test out my vegan proteins in 2 ways.

1. Does it sit well with my stomach?
  2. Does it taste well in Vegan Healthy Bites.

Yes and Yes to both! And I even used the peppermint NuNaturals in my Chocolate Peppermint Healthy Bites. Wahoo!

custom bites

Next up, a few wellness finds! I’ll be testing out these new finds in the upcoming weeks. First off, the NutriPRO juicer. It’s a cold press juicer, totally different than my centrifuge juicer. Cold press masticates the juice so you save more nutrients. I did my first juice today and so far so good! Maybe a vlog is in order, yes?

The probiotics were per my request from ReNew life. I don’t do pills very well so I thought I’d give these a whirl. Plus I love chewables. I know, I am odd. I’ll let you know how they do with my stomach in a few weeks. Good thing is that both the Ultimate Flora and Probiotics are free of dyes, sugars, or anything artificial.

IMG_20130213_13593720130212_155440

And last but not least, my TREATS!! You know, the foodie treats. The paleo bread from Julian Bakery is so good! Grain free and gluten free! I need to learn how to make this myself. The flaxmilk with protein was a new find from Whole Foods. I like Flax Milk but I did not like the added protein. It curdled in my coffee. Ugh, hate that. Then there’s the new Nutty Butter flavors. Um, wow. Sarah is awesome. I love the Caramel Latte!!! Get your hands on some now. The Raw Cheddar was from our local pharmacy. I am kinda obsessed with raw cheese so I’ve made this purchase last all week. Why? Because it’s $ and I am savoring every ounce of flavor possible! But I do love the story behind this company, so it’s worth it.

breadmilk

phew! I think that’s it.

oh wait… the best part of this Friday!! The Winner of the Attune goodie bag and ticket to Blend Retreat. Random Generator picked Christa. I am so stinking excited for you Christa! WOOHOO! And I can’t wait to meet you at Blend.

winner

Loved this comment!!

Okay, tell me what you found this week? Anything new? Have you tried any of these?

Cheers!

Christa @ Edible Balance February 15, 2013 at 11:07 am

shut UP!!!!! seriously?!! this is crazy. I’m sending you an email right now. hands are shaking! Thank you Linds, and thank you Attune Foods!

and YAY for Lululemon!! I don’t own Wunder Under Crops, but have a ton of running shorts/crops/pants from them. LOVE Lulu!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm

it seriously made my day too!! YIPPPEEEEE!

Calee February 15, 2013 at 11:14 am

really interested in that juicer… vlog would be cool! :) Happy Friday! Glad you’re feeling better, Lindsay!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:15 pm

i shall vlog. You would love this one. The cold press is pretty amazing! I always think of you when juicing too!

beka @ rebecca roams February 15, 2013 at 11:23 am

Congrats to Christa!!

I haven’t tried ANY of those above, but obviously need to change that tune. I almost bought some of the nuStevia yesterday for baking the coconut cookies, but when I couldn’t find unsweetened coconut i knew it’d be WAY too sweet with regular sweetened + the stevia. I can’t take vitamin pills either, but chewable/gummies do well. I have been taking vitafusion gummies for adults for quite a while now!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:42 pm

oh good call! i still want to eat your coconut cookies you posted, like now!

Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 15, 2013 at 11:23 am

love her comment!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:49 pm

me too! a classic

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table February 15, 2013 at 11:25 am

So glad you’re feeling better!! I lovey nunaturals and I really want to get my hands on the paleo bread. I emailed the company for a sample and try never responded. May try again today…

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:49 pm

you need to email Unrefined Bakery in Dallas. AMAZING paleo bread! check it out

Beth @ Miles and Trials February 15, 2013 at 11:25 am

So many new things I have to add to my must try list! I just tried my first Gluten free bread this week and was pleasantly surprised, so I’ll have to look for the Paleo Bread now. I love those Lululemon pants! I have yet to buy my first piece of Lulu wear, but love to look at them. Happy Friday!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:57 pm

woohoo for gluten free eating! i am proud beth!

Heather February 15, 2013 at 11:36 am

Oh! Those are beautiful!! I love Lulu stuff! I’m stalking the new pink gingham pace setter skirt…..

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:57 pm

oh yes, i was eyeing those too. where’s the darn sale rack!?

Jess February 15, 2013 at 11:54 am

Aww yay for Christa!! That’s awesome!!
I LOVE that your hubby bought you new lulu, you totally deserve it girl, and I can’t wait to see you rock those tights over on instagram, hehe ;-)

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm

oh i will rock them for YOU! Deal? My barren9ne inspiration!

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 15, 2013 at 11:55 am

Love all of my NuNaturals products. I found a new recipe from Lisa @ Thrive Style for coconut chocolate PB cups – I modified for a chocolate PB almond cup for Jason for Vday.

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 4:57 pm

well shoot, i would have requested some if you were making them! hehe

Caitlin February 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm

CONGRATS to the winner! i so wish i could go to blend, but plane travel just complicates things b/c i’d need to take more time off work and it’s more $$!
i’ve never heard of any of these products haha. They don’t seem like my thing! But I like the idea of rounding up finds and favorites on a Friday. YAY alliteration.

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 12:55 pm

haha, well what if next Friday i post my Wine Finds!!? That’s so your thing, right? ;-)

Caitlin February 15, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I usually do Fashion Friday but WINE FRIDAY is fine with me any day haha

Lisa @ RunWiki February 15, 2013 at 12:06 pm

So happy for Christa! I am smiling from ear to ear for her! She will be in the greatest company EVER!

Christa @ Edible Balance February 15, 2013 at 12:13 pm

That is the honest truth! So many amazing women in one place, my head is already spinning :)

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:55 pm

please say your coming too!!!?!

katie February 15, 2013 at 12:18 pm

LOVE lulu wunder unders! They are amazing and make my booty I don’t have look good, lol.

SO many good food finds and I want those chocolate peppermint healthy bites, NOW!

Love you!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 3:56 pm

mine too! it’ nice to have the booty back. hehe love YOU! oh and i need to send you some healthy bites soon! EEK!

natalie @ will jog for food February 15, 2013 at 12:44 pm

I REALLY want to try that Paleo bread!

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 4:21 pm

you will love it!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 15, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Those pants would make me happy too! Plant Fusion is, by far, my favorite! I have some coming to me now! The tagatose from New Naturals is amazing stuff. The boys couldn’t even detect in their banana muffins! Love that stuff! I hope you have a great weekend my friend. I’m so glad you’re feeling better!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 15, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I’ve never tried any of these, but the big kid in me loves the idea of chewable probiotics. Mine come in boring capsule form, which are far less enticing. Confession: sometimes I get tempted to buy Flinstones multivitamins just because they look like they would make taking my vitamins more fun… maybe I need to look into some gummy bear multis…

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 4:24 pm

totally can relate and you would love the chewables. they are bear shaped!

Alysia @ Slim Sanity February 15, 2013 at 1:46 pm

wow…. so many good products! I need to try that Paleo bread (still need to check out unrefined bakery) and that caramel latte nut butter sounds aaamazing.

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 5:26 pm

girl you must get there soon!!!! so good!

Rachelle February 15, 2013 at 1:56 pm

So so glad Christie won, she absolutely deserved this! All of the food looks amazing and is making stomache rumble. It must be lunch time. ;)

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 5:27 pm

i still wish you were going to be there. sad. xxoo

Allison @ Life's a Bowl February 15, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Her comment is super cute! And I really need to get myself a juicer, never knew there were different kinds…

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance February 15, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Lulu clothing does work wonders, for both the body AND mind. :) So comfy and flattering. Love it.

I picked up a new spice yesterday at Trader Joe’s. It’s a Ghost Pepper grinder, and it’s supposed to be HOT! I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m excited to experiment this weekend. Happy Friday!

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast February 15, 2013 at 2:25 pm

So excited for Christa! Sounds like she was the perfect random winner. I’ve wanted to try Plant Fusion- keep hearing good things about it. Mmm, chocolate peppermint healthy bites…

Katie @ msfitrunner February 15, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I LOVE plantfusion protein. I found it about a year and a half ago when I was searching high and low for a vegan protein powder that tasted good and had no soy in it – I mix this with all my vega proteins – the best! Also, I LIVE in my wunder unders. best purchase ever!
OH, how I would love to go the blend retreat – not happening this year, maybe I can convince the hubs for next year;)

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf February 15, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Umm, a pair of pretty wunder unders always make me feel better. Just saying. And I’m so intrigued by the juicer! I’ve heard such great things.

LCCotter February 15, 2013 at 5:31 pm

no wonder they call them wunder unders! LOL! hope youre enjoying skiing! <3

Alison @ racingtales February 15, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Those pants look divine even though they make my eyes go funny when I stare too long at the pic. ;) This week I tried putting a lot of ginger in my smoothie…we know how that turned out!

Lisa February 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I always just make juice from my vita! Seems to work for now. I think I’ll need to start juicing more now that I have to cut out so many of my favorite veggies! Sad.
I still have yet to try plant fusion, I hear very good things about it though! I should look into it, since I can’t have whey anymore.
Lulu clothing totally makes me happy:)
That’s okay, right.
I haven’t tried any of the products you mentioned, besides my beloved stevia drops (those guys rock!), but I think I may need to especially chewables! I love ‘em!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail February 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm

So glad you are feeling better! I have heard rave reviews of Wunder Unders and must try! BLEND won’t happen for me this year but crossing fingers for next. I feel like we have met but we need to make it happen for real!!!

jobo February 15, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Love your wunder unders!! SO cute!! As for me, I found nutzo ;-) I can’t wait to TRY it though!! YUM!

purelytwins February 15, 2013 at 6:01 pm

oh all those treats and eats look sooo good. we have not found anything new and exciting lately since we are limited on eats at the moment ;)
congrats to Christa for winning – can’t wait to meet her!

Christa @ Edible Balance February 20, 2013 at 12:25 pm

awww, can’t wait to meet you lovely ladies!!! so much to chat about in our journeys in health :)

Bre February 15, 2013 at 9:04 pm

love all the foodie finds and of course, I haven’t tried any of them! I did try something new this week- Vega Macca Chocolate Bar! Other than that all my eats were standard bre fare.
Love the lulu pants-try not to think too much abt the money part— just enjoy wearing them! :) something special for you to wear to work, to run, and make healthy bites in! :)

Malita February 15, 2013 at 9:39 pm

There is a local farm that sells raw cheddar $7, the pick up spot is 620 and Lakeline area. Let me know if you want the number

LCCotter February 16, 2013 at 7:39 am

really?! oh i want in! do they sell milk or cream?

Malita February 16, 2013 at 11:19 am

Milk and eggs, but I like the milk at natural grocers, brand supernatural, better

Linz @ Itz Linz February 16, 2013 at 7:34 am

I’ve tried flax milk before but not with protein. I’m excited to break out my NutriPro juicer this weekend!!

She Rocks Fitness February 16, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I’ve been looking at that bread for the past couple weeks. I may have to give it a try. Nothing new here, I’m boring, but sometimes boring is good, just not all the time. I need my Healthy Bites! XO

Allie February 16, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I’m loving those pants! They’re so YOU!!! I hope you and the Hubs had a great Valentine’s Day <3

Jess February 16, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Love those lulu pants! So cute and so you! :)

Tianna February 17, 2013 at 9:14 am

Hey girly, had to pop in to tell you that The Paleo Mom has the BEST paleo bread recipes! I stole my mom’s bread maker just to make the yeast-based paleo bread and it’s so freaking awesome!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen February 19, 2013 at 2:55 pm

You KNOW I love Plant Fusion. :) And, well, I love Nutty Butter. I’m glad we can share our love…and that you are able to spread the BLEND love! I am so happy that the winner was who it was…based on her comment I think she will take away SO MUCH from the weekend, just like we all did last year. [Still wish you had been there, but AMEN! for this one.]

Samantha Allen March 6, 2013 at 5:39 pm

oooohhhhh!!! PROBIOTICS, I’m excited to see how they go. Good luck!!

LCCotter March 6, 2013 at 10:08 pm

thanks! i’ll keep ya posted