Sunday sweetness. Okay, it’s just a play on Sunday scenes but this time I have a recipe involved. That equals sweetness to me, yes?
This weekend I DID NOT WORK! Yep, no work.. okay maybe a little. But the rest was spent doing the following.
Completing my first “longish” run since 2011. I ran 80 minutes and it felt awesome. It also helps that I am 20lbs heavier now. Thank GOODNESS! And the only reason I am running longer is for the Zooma Half Marathon in March. Can’t wait! It’s gonna be fun!
Then there was some kombucha cocktails and celebration time Friday and Saturday.
We celebrated my oldest brother’s 40th birthday out at Jester King Brewery and Stanley Farmhouse Pizza. I was dying to try their Buddha brew, made with local kombucha and their sour wheat beer, but of course it’s not gluten free. Good beer is never gluten free. Ahh bugger. Looked like a winning combo though! It’s a very relaxing atmosphere and we just caught up with family and friends. Great time! Well minus the kiddos getting soaked and falling in mud. Kids will be kids though, yes?
And let’s not forget the Nuttzo recipe. Another great highlight and sweetness to the weekend!
Yes, the obsession remains strong, and I think even more so after this recipe.
I was just playing around with extra ingredients I had from making Mint Chocolate Chip Healthy Bites and came up with these. I only made a few, just to sample. That was a BIG mistake. More is always better!
Recipe: Dark Chocolate Peppermint Patty Muffins
- 3 tbsp protein powder or other flour of choice (PB flour, coconut, etc)
- 1 tbsp 100% cocoa
- 1 tsp mint extract or 4 Mint NuNaturals drops
- 21 grams cream cheese
- 1 egg or 3 tbsp egg whites
- 1 heaping tbsp dark chocolate Nuttzo. Or regular, just add in extra cocoa powder.
- 1 tbsp almond meal
- stevia (optional)
- mix everything dry ingredients first, then add in egg, nuttzo, etc. Mix until batter is somewhat smooth.
- Pour into greased muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- If you are using egg, i’d add in extra baking powder so they will rise.
- This recipe on makes about 2-3 so feel free to double it up!
Preparation time: 10 min Cooking time: 10 min Number of servings : 2
Happy Sunday! If you are on the East Coast, I expect some SNOWY SUNDAY SCENES soon, k? Oh and be careful!
What’s your Sunday sweetness?
You’re gonna wanna come back tomorrow afternoon for a giveaway. It’s probably the best giveaway I’ve EVER done. SUPER PUMPED!
UPDATE: Guess what? Just got the go ahead to give a discount on NUTTZO! 50% the original Nuttzo till the 17th!! Use coupon code CotterCrunch42 at checkout.