WHAT is WEDNESDAY…

by lindsay cotter on January 30, 2013

What is Wednesday.. It’s one of those days. So much to say, little time to say it. Therefore, paraphrase. Yes?

What is best paired with melted almond butter and dark chocolate chips? THIS!

20130128_080304

Speaking of Chobani… What is Chobani Sponsoring this May? BLEND! They are the head SPONSOR for BLEND! I just bought my ticket so I’m going YAY!

blend 2013

What is amazing? ….GRACE!

grace

What is a Kiwi Husband doing in a Texas Cabela’s hat? Hunting with my brothers and dad. Yes, what is hot? .. duh, my husband.

hunter

What is my version of Milk and cookies? Core Power and Cookie Dough Healthy Bites. Gluten free, lactose free, and protein packed!

snack

What is my new training plan since I forgot that the Zooma race was in March NOT April? This is my plan. Not racing it, just running it! My Coach (aka the hubs) approved!

training

What is my new favorite white? Okay it’s a close second to Kim Crawford NZ Sauvignon Blanc. I may be bias though with anything NZ.

wine

What is one super food that I like to sneak into my husband’s breakfast? Maca! You can read about all the benefits here.

zooma

What is one thing I just pinned because it looked too good to be true? Scallop BLT anyone? Winking smile

scallop

What is it with you today?

Cheers!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance January 30, 2013 at 5:31 pm

That scallop BLT is awesome! Too cute! I’m a red wine girl at heart, but every once in a while a viognier hits the spot. Is Yalumba difficult to find?

I’m going to Blend, too! Can’t wait to meet you! :)

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 5:40 pm

I found it a whole foods! and i know, i am so a red girl but it was a warm day and this was FAB!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats January 30, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Interesting about the Maca powder – I clicked on the link and read about it. I’m always confused about what kinds of superfoods and supplements I should buy

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 5:52 pm

it’s hard to keep up! but this one is good for lots of baking. let me know if you try it!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More January 30, 2013 at 5:44 pm

My Chobani shipment just came today and I’m so excited to have some for lunch tomorrow. Not sure if I want to start with banana or pear?! ah!!

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 5:53 pm

oh gosh, tough call. Maybe a banana pear mix? haha

Jess January 30, 2013 at 5:46 pm

SO jealous that you’ll be at Blend and I won’t be! That is the ONE blogger event I would LOVE to attend. And Chobani is sponsoring you? All the better. I heart Chobani — they just dropped me off some goodies today in fact. Love that!

Also? I need to try this sauv blanc, if its anything like Kim Crawford, I’ll love it. HUGE fan of NZ sauv blancs!! (and hm it’s Winesday, what will YOU be drinking tonight my love?)

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 5:52 pm

haha, no chobani is sponsoring blend, like the a BIG sponsor! they are awesome like that, whoa! healthy bites is kinda sponsoring me. hehe, trying to. I wish you were going. I need to see you! This wine is nothing like a sauv but it is so CRISP and good! hugs!

Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries January 30, 2013 at 6:08 pm

This post was so fun and you are too cute! I just received my Chobani box today, and I’m definitely thinkin’ I need to try out your banana Chobani combo – yum!

Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 30, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Yeah!! That’s so awesome that Chobani is sponsoring your trip. I’m still looking for a sponsor. Either that, or getting our house back in Illinois to sell, stat ;-)
I’ve never tried banana flavored chobani! Sounds yummy.

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Oh not me, I meant the retreat in general. Whoops! Haha

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf January 30, 2013 at 6:30 pm

I’m so excited that you’re going to BLEND!!! Yipee!! And your version of milk and cookies? perfect.

Lauren January 30, 2013 at 6:55 pm

AHH banana chobani + chocolate chips FROZEN, then topped with almond butter. Say hello to my nighttime snack tonight!

I wish so bad I could afford to go to BLEND. It would probably be a really good experience for me.

purelytwins January 30, 2013 at 7:10 pm

those scallops look amazing!!!
and yay for blend retreat!! we are so excited, we are thinking of getting our plane tickets here soon. trying to plan it all out ;)
xoxo

Heather (Where's the Beach) January 30, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Mmm love a good Sauv. Blanc, or pinot grigio, or wine period ;-) I sure wish I could make it to the Blend Retreat. Just terrible timing again.

Katie January 30, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I can’t do white wine, but reds….I’m all over those.

I also don’t know if I’ve ever had scallops. I must have. Right?

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table January 30, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Isn’t maca supposed to increase sex dive? Hee hee.

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen January 30, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Oh wait, that’s what I was thinking, too. ;)

Holly KN January 30, 2013 at 8:10 pm

What is…the price of Greek yogurt in Singapore? Ridiculous.

What is…a crockpot + cheesecloth for? Making your own!

A girl’s gotta do, what a girl’s gotta do! :)

Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocolate January 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I can’t wait to try the banana Chobani! And I so wish I could make it to Blend this year, but it is right in the middle of my finals week, ugh. :-(

Bre January 30, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I love love love that you are getting to go to the Blend Retreat— it will be amazing! :) and I’m loving the Zooma Run plan— I approve of that one too! I need to get on my own training plan for running…maybe this week I will get together a marathon plan. oops. ;)

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables January 30, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I’m so glad you are going to Blend! I can’t wait to give you a huge hug!! :) I just got my Chobani in the mail, and the hubby is ready to dive in!

Abby @ Change of Pace January 30, 2013 at 9:17 pm

Those scallops look delectable! And I love all the cross training on your run plan! What is one way to stay warm in weather ranging from -26 to -42? Stay inside and put on winter PJs at the earliest possible time!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen January 30, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Scallop BLT? I would jump right off the vegan train for that one I think…maybe…

I like this idea of “run not race” considering I’m SO SLOW and probably always will be. That doesn’t mean I still can’t enjoy it, right?

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY for BLEND!!!

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm

that is so you! and why we relate so well. Joyful running! <3

Melissa Love January 30, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I want to go to BLEND — how cool would it be to meet you?!?!? BOO teacher salary and schedule =p

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm

oh girl, i hear ya. I am saving now. Or i might drive. haha

Heather @ Heather's Dish January 30, 2013 at 9:34 pm

I SERIOUSLY cannot wait to get some more yogurt soon – I’m going through withdrawals! And FINGERS CROSSED that I can go to BLEND this year – I would love to hang out and explore Park City!

christina January 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I tried the pear chobani today. SO GOOD! I’m going to have the banana tomorrow. :) Happy Wednesday girlfriend! xo

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) January 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Ohh I love the “run not race” training plan! So less daunting! I also love the banana CHO, but I mean, who doesn’t love that. ;) I need to try adding nut butter and chocolate to mine!

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 10:07 pm

i knew you agree my chobaniac!

Meg January 30, 2013 at 9:59 pm

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Guess who else is going to Blend??? huh huh huh ;)

LCCotter January 30, 2013 at 10:07 pm

guess who will be hugging you multiple times then?! MEEEEEE!!!!

Lou January 30, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Kim Crawford = droooool. Such a good wine. I’m staying at a vineyard down south (from Christchurch) in Wanaka over Easter…. argh would be perfect for you & the hubs – heaps of hiking trails, mountain biking, fishing…. WINE!!

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 6:48 am

oh which one?!! I am so envious!

Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 30, 2013 at 10:28 pm

What is ridiculous? The price I’d have to pay for airline tickets to get to Blend :( IF I start walking now, maybe I can make it by May…

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 7:55 am

how about i win lotto, then i can come pick you up in my private jet? Just make sure to bring me some davids tea. Deal? ‘;-)

STUFT Mama January 31, 2013 at 2:25 am

Melted almond butter, chocolate and Chobani? Heaven. Love the GRACE- that it will be uncomfortable. So true. Um…… your version of milk and cookies is the best version I’ve seen yet. :)

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 2:09 pm

shall i bring this over for you bday? tee hee

Jess January 31, 2013 at 3:41 am

Banana chobani sounds amazing!!!
The retreat will be so much fun you will have a blast!!!
I want to taste that white! I love white wine.

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 2:11 pm

its an australian! You have like this one, right? hehe

Nichole January 31, 2013 at 8:11 am

NZ can make some wines!

Park City will be amazing, can’t wait to hear more.

Santa would be fit as a fiddle if he tried your version of milk and cookies:)

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 2:14 pm

oh how i wish you could come and bring your munchkin! pleeeeeeeasssseeeee!

Kacy January 31, 2013 at 9:21 am

I had no idea there was a banana chobani now. Sounds amazing!
I also really like that Viognier!

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 2:15 pm

it just came out, and it’s like crack! addicting for health bloggers. LOL!

beka @ rebecca roams January 31, 2013 at 10:49 am

What made my day today? you did – totally won my over with that ending of a scallop blt. :)

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 2:16 pm

you make my day, that IS what it IS! <3

Coco January 31, 2013 at 11:46 am

mmm yogurt snack sounds super yummy :)

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 2:16 pm

sure is! didn’t you make your own yogurt? IF so, i need to learn from YOU!

Coco January 31, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Yes I sure did :) I’ve made it twice so far- it really is super easy. I’m not sure about making flavored yogurt; I haven’t tried that yet- but making greek style has been successful!

Chels R. January 31, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I have not tried the Kim Crawford yet but it sounds lovely! Um and chobani w/ almond butter and choc chips?! You are speaking my language!!

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 2:12 pm

kim crawford! so worth the $. Try it and report back, k?

kalli January 31, 2013 at 2:24 pm

love that you are going to the retreat! love that you sneak maca into your hubbys food. love that you are running zooma though i suspect you will do very well and love your training program!

Rachelle January 31, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Your coming to UT? OH ME OH MY we absolutely must get together. Park City is beautiful and I have a feeling you wont ever want to go back home. :)

jobo January 31, 2013 at 4:45 pm

yummmm! that BLT looks insane! I LOVE Kim Crawford Sauv Blanc!!! And I must try that Viogner then too! I also must try that Chobani banana combo, holy yum!! PS Blend! SO WANT TO GO!

Natalie @ Free Range Human January 31, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I love the new banana! SO good!

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 6:12 pm

ya, i was shocked at how good! hehe

Lisa @ RunWiki January 31, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Now I really want to go to The Blend retreat! I somehow have got to find the money. MUST Goooooo

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 6:12 pm

i’m gonna play lotto friday so that when i win, i can fly you out! and buy everyone a cabin!

Felicia January 31, 2013 at 7:24 pm

i wish i was going to blend!!

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 10:05 pm

i wish you were too. Will you come to austin instead? Can i tempt you with sardines? hehe

Tessa @ Amazing Asset January 31, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Oh my word that scallop BLT… too cute! And delicious ;) I would absolutely love to go to the Blend retreat but that whole lacking money business puts a damper on things lol

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 10:07 pm

i knew you’d like that! goodness smothered between two favorite sea creatures. LOL! Wish you were going to blend too! Maybe i’ll come visit you after.

Amanda R @SlowLaneRun January 31, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Chobani banana plus melted almond butter and dark chocolate chips!!! OMG sounds so delish!

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm

yep, the perfect concoction! okay maybe extra dark chocolate chips on the side. ;-)

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail January 31, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I love running to run in races too! A nice balance to all your fitness activities! And, sorry to miss the BLEND retreat again this year–I’ll be a swollen belly at that time! :)

LCCotter January 31, 2013 at 10:09 pm

oh i will miss you! are you coming to sxsw? I need to see you this year!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 1, 2013 at 1:11 am

What is something that rocked my Facebook wall two days ago? That scallop BLT! I actually included it in tomorrow’s post! Thanks for sharing, friend. You sure do know how to make this girl hungry. :)

You won’t believe it (but you should)…I’m already nearly finished with my Healthy Bites! My goodness were they delicious. Next order? The chocolate chip version featured in this post, please. :D I’ll be emailing you this weekend! :)

Oh, and the passage about grace really hit home. Thanks for including that. <3

She Rocks Fitness February 2, 2013 at 12:21 pm

OMG I love Kim Crawford and even love the price better! :) It’s a fabulous white for anytime of year. Just saying…XOXO