Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

by lindsay cotter on October 4, 2012

Those moments. We all have them, and if you don’t, then you are not human.

You know what I’m talking about. Those moments where you feel like you’ve lost a significant amount of brain cells in just 5 minutes. Those moments where you question how you even function through out the day. LOL!

I had several yesterday. I would blame it on the fact that it was a WEIRD WEDNESDAY, but the whole day I thought it was Thursday. Hmmm…brain check.

Moment 1:

Walking into a room and thinking “why did I come in here again?”

Or publically professing my Brainlessness.. yes, that’s a word.

Capture

Moment 2:

Forgetting to charge my iPod for class and then forgetting my workout sheet that helps me structure class. Ugh. It’s still sitting on the breakfast table. Needless to say, I winged it. And it was that “winged” class that credited me back some brain cells. Phew!

wallclassCapture3

Repeat 2x if you’d like.

Moment 3:

You think it’s your “catch up” day. Meaning you actually shower and wash your hair, you do laundry, etc. Heck you might even feel ballsy and post 2 days in a row! Ya, I had that moment. I had every intention of posting a WIAW so that I could show off my gluten free burrito bowl skills.

burrito

That didn’t happen. Instead I had a few last minute Healthy Bite orders and other work to attend to. Good news is that I made a NEW Vegan Peanut Butter and Grape Jelly bite. I’m so excited that I might just share the recipe. Yes. Stay tuned!

DSC02436.JPG

The laundry is still there, yep. And the shower? Well that did happen, the washing of the hair did not. Whoops. #thankyoudryshampoo

Moment 4:

The “why did I buy this again?” moment.

afterfocus_1349367968718

Oh yes, a day later I remember. And that reason would be for a blog post. Duh.

I’ll be posting on uses of Kelp Powder soon and why it’s beneficial. Will somebody remind me?

Tell me, what “MOMENT” have you had lately? Somebody has to relate. Winking smile

Please head over to my good friend MIZFIT’s site. She is selling her one and only MIZFIT workout skirts. They are adorable and all proceeds go to charity!

MizFit October 4, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Girl, my life is one big moment these days :-)
You rock. I appreciate you.
Wait. What was I talking about?

Ha ha :-)
MizFit recently posted..THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 1:03 pm

haha, i don’t know. I already forgot. LOL! appreciate YOU!

Dawn October 4, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Those peanut butter and jelly bites look so yummy!
Dawn recently posted..DawniesLife VLOG 10/4/12: My First Run with my new Jeep Wrangler Jogging Stroller!

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:30 pm

they are all gone, yes, mission accomplished!!
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal October 4, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Sometimes I stare out of the window without really looking at anything. I just stare with a blank. And then I snap out of it and I wonder “what the heck was I staring at… I wasn’t even thinking about anything” just staring. Total brain fart. Haha “THAT” moment. happens too often.
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..What I Ate Wednesdays with a Sweet Potato that was actually eaten sweet

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:44 pm

yep, do that all the time. Hopefully we look like we’re just in deep thought. haha
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Heather @ Better With Veggies October 4, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Ooh Kelp Powder – and in bulk?! I’m going to have to look for that one at the store. And figure out how to use it. Smoothies I’m guessing? And the number of brain farts I have is a little embarrassing sometimes. :)
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Molten Cheese Fondue {Recipe}

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm

oh yes, you will like kelp. I use it mixed with nutritional yeast. i will share soon!
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Tina Jin October 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Hi Lindsay,

My name is Tina Jin, the community manager for a new blogger community called Gluten Free (www.atomicreach.com/tribe/glutenfree). This is a feed powered by Atomic Reach, and features bloggers writing about being or becoming gluten free. This community will focus on food, diet, tips, advice and personal stories on the subject. I want this Gluten Free community to be a place where expert advice and tips are consolidated in one place for everyone to digest.

If you decide to join, Gluten Free will publish the title of your posts and the first few sentences of each post. If readers want to read the full story, they’ll be pushed to your blog and give you traffic. These readers will be people who share the same passion and interests as you, which is the sole purpose of the community.

If you’re interested in joining our community, please e-mail me back at tinajin @ atomicreach.com with “Gluten Free” in the subject line. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Sincerely,
Tina

katie October 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Those pb & J bites sound amazing!!!

Oh I have those moments! We all do! My brain was in a fog the other day too. I think more sleep is needed or maybe just more wine to help ;)

Love you!
katie recently posted..What’s Beautiful?

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm

yep, i agree! wine and sleep= more clarity. LOL!

kalli October 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

agreed with some of the comments already….my life has been like this lately! hope you are having a good week my friend :)
kalli recently posted..The First Time We Met

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm

thank goodness for running, helps the sanity… somewhat. right?

Allie October 4, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Ahh, dry shampoo (or, well, cornstarch, since it does the same thing and is $20 cheaper) is my lifeline.

And you’re not alone–Totally left to go eat lunch at the park today…without my lunch. Oh, well. A at-work-desk lunch is cool, too, right?
Allie recently posted..WIAW: The Basics

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:30 pm

cornstarch? oh man i need to try that instead. el cheapo here!
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Amanda N October 4, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I have moments like that all the time haha My husband calls them Amanda moments. I am also notorious for starting 50 million things at once and then forgetting about most of them. I’m very good at things like that!

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm

i literally am doing 50 million things at once right now. Brain is in overload. LOL. I am having lots of amanda moments. LOL
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen October 4, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Oh my goll, I have thought ALL WEEK that we are one day ahead. The kids kept saying, “NO Miss Pember! It’s WEDNESDAY!”

Also, I would like some of your vegan nutty balls.

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen recently posted..Vegan Cornbread Bean Bisque

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

nutty balls for nutty butts. I mean butters. We can trade!
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Lisa October 4, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Oh man, I have these moments at least 10 times a day;)
Sometimes I’ll get in my car and be like hm where was I going, and just forget so I have to go back inside until I figure it out ha ha…those are messy days!
I just bought kelp powder! And I have no idea what to use it for, so can’t wait for your post
Lisa recently posted..What’s Beautiful?

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:32 pm

bahahaha, so true! how funny. glad we are still alive these days.

Missy October 4, 2012 at 2:38 pm

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Healthy BITEEEEEEZZZZ.

That’s Sm-gurlll….

and THAT is exactly why the brain drain occurred, because that explosive output of amazing creative genius expenditure that went down…. you have to recover.
Missy recently posted..Three Meals | Three Questions | Three Minutes of Your Time

Missy October 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

um…why have I not thought of this before??
I am so ordering some Healthy Bites next paycheck. Of my own. Hahaha. I’m-a put you to work!!

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 2:52 pm

ahhh and i didn’t think it was possible, but it is, i love you EVEN more!
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Calee October 4, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I have these brainlessness moments ALL the time. :) Can’t wait to see the bite recipe!
Calee recently posted..Sweet Tunes Thursday: 10 Favorite Albums #6 — Children of Bodom “Are You Dead Yet?”

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:32 pm

you’ll like these bites. they are Calee friendly!

Heather (Where's the Beach) October 4, 2012 at 2:45 pm

LOL my life is one being one of “those” moments! I hate it when I buy an ingredient too and totally forget why. And then I have this random thing sitting there taking up space.
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Be Thankful, Happier for the Seasons

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:29 pm

yep, no wonder our pantries are full! LOL!
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Jonathan Aluzas October 4, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Made a bowl of cereal; put the cereal back in the fridge and the milk back in the cupboard.

I have become convinced that my hard drive is full and to retain any new information presented to me I have to jettison something in the memory bank. Typically this is an item of some importance.
Jonathan Aluzas recently posted..Fitness Realities: What is your "Living Wage?"

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 3:07 pm

i think we live parallel lives.
Agreed. overdrive.
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

She Rocks Fitness October 4, 2012 at 2:59 pm

YES I had that day yesterday too! I’m blaming it on the humid, grey, rainy weather, because it’s a lot easier. I swear the lack of Vitamin D just screws me up. Loving the beach hair woman! Need to start rocking it again…xoxo
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..Spooky Snack Attacks on WIAW

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I’ll blame weather, ya, that sounds good. I’m crazy like the weather too! haha

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 4, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I totally opened the pantry the other day, walked in (with conviction mind you) and immediately had no idea why I was in there! That happens so often! I’m lucky I remember to pick my kids up from school these days. Well, they’re lucky anyway. I’m doing that workout tomorrow! I’m so excited!
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..When life gives you lemons…

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:28 pm

ha, i think i would forget i had kids. LOL. I’m scared to be mom for that reason! LOL

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail October 4, 2012 at 3:05 pm

You’re so funny!

Love your interval workout–have a feeling we would enjoy each other’s classes and workouts! New vegan PB & J bites?! Anything PB & J is money with me!! YUM Lindsay!
Jess @ Blonde Ponytail recently posted..GNC Lean Legs Workout Part 2

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:23 pm

oh i so want to do that some day! really! it’s on my bucket list.

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 4, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Welcome to my world lately… did you see my super-crisped squash. Yeah…
Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted..Zucchini Whey Muffins + a Demo

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:25 pm

yep, and i still think it looked good. brain fog and all! enjoy dallas!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats October 4, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I have moment 1 CONSTANTLY. Is it bad that I’m only 24? And moment 2 happened this morning: got to the bus stop only to realize I left my bus pass in my coat pocket… back in my apartment. With no time to go back I had to use all of my quarters, which are like gold to me since I need them for laundry.
Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted..Thursday Thoughts

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:24 pm

ahh, yes. those moments. at least you had quarters, right?

Jess October 4, 2012 at 3:27 pm

My brain is MUSH lately too — so forgetful, so anxious, so frazzled! I’m pretty sure one of those pb&j healthy bites would solve everything though ;-)
Jess recently posted..Training for 26.2 — through the eyes of the hubs

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:22 pm

oh i bet you are!! no worries this weekend. Just relax and enjoy the moment friend. all is good! prayers and hugs.

Heather @ Heather's Dish October 4, 2012 at 4:39 pm

yeah, when you become a mom then that’s just how you live life. i have to actually WRITE DOWN MY DAY or else i’ll forget everything that was supposed to happen. never had to do that before… ;)
Heather @ Heather’s Dish recently posted..Celebrating Simplicity: A French Bistro Salad

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:22 pm

oh boy, my brain is going to be even more mush when i pop out some kiddos. I’ll be coming to you for advice!

Stacie @ Snaps and Bits October 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Lately, I’m often walking into a room and forgetting why. It’s so refreshing to see that the same thing happens to such a youngster as yourself!
Stacie @ Snaps and Bits recently posted..Peace Of Mind

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:21 pm

thats brilliant. i need that! actually, i email myself a lot for that reason. LOL

Amanda @ .running with spoons. October 4, 2012 at 5:14 pm

Oh gosh, I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve walked into a room to get something and had no idea why I was there as soon as I crossed the threshold. Soon I’m going to have to start carrying around a little voice recorder to leave myself notes so that I don’t forget things.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … is it time to eat? .

hillary October 4, 2012 at 5:28 pm

ummmm the vegan bites sound AWESOME!!!!!! i need to place another order so i have food to take on this little trip i have coming up…where i finally get to meet the famous super sherpa herself. SO EXCITED!!! :)

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:20 pm

oh i need to bring you some! i can’t wait to meet you either. Sherpa hugs for YOU!

Kanoelani October 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Ummm how much time & space do you have on your blog & how many moments do you want HAHAHA??!! I have them CONSTANTLY! I think it’s a symptom of the crazy that is my life LOL! B/C I have “moments” that I think I’m losing my mind HAHA!! I have got to work on this balancing your life business and soon. I’m excited for those bites! :-)

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:20 pm

haha, lots!! go for it!

Brittany @ Delights and Delectables October 4, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I think I left my brain in Tennessee this past weekend!! I have been out of it all week! That gf burrito looks amazing!! Make them for me?? ;)
Brittany @ Delights and Delectables recently posted..Gluten Free Dumpling and Vegetable Soup

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:21 pm

i left my brain in the bahamas, where it belongs. :-)

Adri {Food-N-Thought} October 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I feel you! I can totally relate with buying stuff at the supermarket while “post dreaming” and then letting it sit in my pantry fo’ eva!! hehe… tomorrow will be another day…
Adri {Food-N-Thought} recently posted..{Faves} 2012 Fall Wishlist

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm

thank goodness for that too. Another day, one that is MemorABLE! haha
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf October 4, 2012 at 7:36 pm

All the time. All the time. This is my life – one big brain fart. Sorry. I live in a house full of boys.

BTW – I like how you gently say, “Repeat 2x…if you like.” ;-)
Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted..Happiness is…

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:19 pm

yep, i have three brothers, farts are common.LOL!

Kierston October 4, 2012 at 7:43 pm

What was the questions?! ;)

I have those all the time. Especially walking into a room and forgetting why I went there in the first place lol
Kierston recently posted..Under Armour: What’s Beautiful ~ Redefining The Female Athlete!

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm

ahh good. I am not alone. hehe

Bre October 4, 2012 at 8:37 pm

oh I have those moments hourly most days! ;) i figure as long as I don’t forget to breathe I’m all good! just think, tomorrow is friday :)

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:18 pm

agreed.
sorry i haven’t been able to comment on your blog. I’m just slammed with work. But i read and i am here for you!

Abby @ Change of Pace October 4, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I’ve been having major issues lately with remembering things. I’m blaming it on the change in weather! I went into the same room three times yesterday trying to remember what I needed out of there. Yikes!
Your vegan PB&J balls sound incredible! And, impressive winging it!
Abby @ Change of Pace recently posted..Change of Pace – Mountain biking

LCCotter October 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm

i like the blame it on the weather theory. seems logical. Yes!
LCCotter recently posted..Thirty Minute Thursday & “Those” Moments

Corrie Anne October 5, 2012 at 12:55 am

Well, I definitely lost my glasses about 10x today. I want to train one of my dogs to sear & rescue for them. Lol.
Corrie Anne recently posted..My Pets’ Peeves

LCCotter October 5, 2012 at 5:58 am

can your dog teach my dog? that would be awesome!

Steph October 5, 2012 at 7:03 am
LCCotter October 5, 2012 at 1:19 pm

oh this just made my day. THANK YOU!

jobo October 5, 2012 at 8:18 am

It has honestly been a WEIRD unroutine week. I completely relate to you on the weirdness, forgetfulness etc. I am so there! And SO ready for the weekend!! (love that you winged class! sometimes those are the best kind I have found!!). Have a great weekend friend, I shall channel my inner Lindsay sherpa!
jobo recently posted..Numbers and dates.

LCCotter October 5, 2012 at 1:20 pm

channel away! i will give you energy,k? HUGS!

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb October 5, 2012 at 8:52 am

PB and J Bites?! Hello! Reminds me, I need to reorder soon!
Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb recently posted..Tasty Tryst Cafe

LCCotter October 5, 2012 at 1:21 pm

they are calling your name sweet friend. Vegan goodies!

Life's a Bowl October 5, 2012 at 10:26 am

Haha I have one of those moments… Once a day? Usually in the morning before my cup of coffee or at the end of the day when all I’m thinking about is how comfortable bed sounds :P
Life’s a Bowl recently posted..Favorite Finds Friday 10.5.12 / Charlie’s Birthday

LCCotter October 5, 2012 at 1:20 pm

exactly!!!! Phew, i am not alone.

Alysia @ Slim Sanity October 5, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I’ve been breaking a lot of glassware in the lately…eeek! good thing I go on vacation next week! And P.S. I’m getting some healthy bites soon. It’s becoming mandatory.
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..Wine of the Week: Hello Vino

LCCotter October 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm

i think a vacation is in order to restore that brain. yes!

elise October 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

stood outside out garage for 3 minutes the other day trying to remember the garage door code. seriously. i enter it every day and i couldnt think of it for the life of me!!! i tried a few different things and eventually had to call kyle to ask him what it was again.
elise recently posted..Quinoa & Seitan with Red Almond Sauce

LCCotter October 5, 2012 at 2:20 pm

at least you had kyle for a back up. Phew!

Beth (@RunTraveler) October 14, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Ahh… we all have those days. Fortunately they usually don’t last too long. Hope you got back on track soon!
Beth (@RunTraveler) recently posted..Good run / bad run