“ I’ll be happy when we have more money.”
“I’ll be happy when I find a new job or get a promotion.”
“I’ll be happy when I can run again.”
“I’ll be happy when I get married, buy a home, start a family, retire, etc.”
“I’ll be happy when I can pay off my debt.”
“I’ll be happy when I can get more blog exposure.”
“I’ll be happy when I can be at a good weight.”
“I’ll be happy when we move and can start over.”
“I’ll be happy when my spouse does this or that.”
“I’ll be happy when …..”
Raise your hand if these thoughts have scurried through your mind before.
Guilty. Yes. And all these thoughts add nothing to our lives. No value.
I think, at times, they are pretty hard to escape. It’s almost second nature to us HUMANS. Good there is something we can do to SHIFT those thoughts.
It’s called thankfulness. You see, I’ve been talking about thankfulness. It can really shift your perspective when looking at life. Glass half full versus half empty, ya know?
It wasn’t until I read this devotional that I realized that these infectious thoughts are lies and can be CURED with PRAISE!
Yes, PRAISE GOD for that.
So today, I want to do a praising, a little curing, a little THANKING!
I praise GOD for the ability to smile, to laugh, to hug, and to cry. All good healthy emotions!
I praise GOD for fun. The ability not to take myself to seriously and to be a goober when needed.
I Praise GOD for his provision. No matter what, He’s always watching over us. Seriously, why do I ever doubt HIS plans, HIS path?
I Praise God for Flavor, because without it, we wouldn’t be able to savor the little things. Like these.
- 1 cup sugar (I used NuNaturals baking sugar)
- 1 cup Organic peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark Chips and optional shredded coconut
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter or chocolate hazelnut spread (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease muffin cups or mini muffin cups and set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together the 1 cup sugar, peanut butter,coconut flour, chocolate chips/coconut, and egg. Roll peanut butter and chocolate mixture into balls; Press and flatten the PB balls into each muffin cup using your hands. If it’s a little dry, add in some egg whites. Should make about 12-15 large cups or 18-20 mini cups. Then take about 1/4 cup dark chocolate pb and place it in ziploc bag. Cut the corner and use it as a frosting decorator tube. . Then squeeze the Dark Chocolate PB from the tube/bag into your muffin cups. 2. Bake about 15 minutes or until edges are set and bottoms and edges are lightly browned
- you can also try this with sunflower seed butter, almond butter, etc.
I Praise God for well.. this.. being able to share. To give back. To be Corny Cotter!
Life has it’s way of throwing us curve balls. But I think the only way to deal with it is to stay calm and focus on hitting a grand slam versus a strike out.
I’ll be emailing you soon ladies!
What are you PRAISING today?