Oh goodness, you’re in for some randomness today. First of all, I was too lazy to type out everything that I wanted, hence the video. Second of all, I did this video late last night. It was a long day, so bare with the cheesiness and wine talk. Third of all, if you end up making it through the whole video, you’ll know why I am hooked on carrot juice and nutrient packed smoothies right now. Healing foods! Orange MONSTERS are the new GREEN monsters, you knew that right? Well, maybe it’s not but I’m gonna try to act cool and start that trend.
Here’s why I am starting an ORANGE MONSTER trend:
Carrots for Stomach Remedies
The carrot has been called the poor man’s ginseng as it contains more than 490 phytochemicals.
- Carrots, especially carrot juice, are a sure-fire ticket to better stomach and gastrointestinal health. Carrots improve a variety of digestive problems such as:
- Upset stomach.
- Peptic ulcers.
- Crohn’s disease. (chronic inflammatory disease affecting the whole of the alimentary tract)
- Diarrhea. Celiac disease
- Chewing of carrots increases saliva and quickens digestion by supplying the necessary enzymes, minerals and vitamins. Regular use of carrot prevents the formation of gastric ulcer and other digestive disorders. Carrot juice is an effective food remedy in ailments like intestinal colic, colitis, appendicitis, peptic ulcer and dyspepsia.
- vanilla almond or coconut milk
- yogurt kefir (i use goats milk)
- handful of watercress leaves
- frozen pineapple (1 cup)
- 1 serving of protein (I used vanilla)
- Orange Extract (NuNaturals has a new one!)
- honey or stevia (to taste if you don't have NuNatural Orange)
- 1 cup 100% carrot juice
- xanthum gum (1/4 tsp)
- blend and serve.
Try it, your stomach will thank you! Or mine will for you.
And lastly, I’ve been catching up on Healthy Bite orders and new flavors. Thank you all who ordered! I’ll be giving away a free box in the BLEND Retreat Raffle drawing too. Now, if only I could be there to hand them out personally. Maybe next year, yes.. for sure next year!
Apricot Coconut Fig & Praline Apple PB Crunch…. new flavor LOVE!
Catch me UP on you!! Setting any New trends these days?
If you are going to BLEND, have a blast and hug your hostesses!