A “Whoa” Weekend

by LCCotter on May 7, 2012

Whoa.. .like really whoa! I know most of us had a whoa weekend. Whoa it was crazy good, like Blend retreat.!  Whoa is it was crazy exciting, like the several who  raced! Or whoa it was crazy weird and busy, yet still somewhat soothing?? oh yes, that was me. Let me explain.

This weekend was crazy weird because my email went haywire on me.

Capture

This weekend was crazy busy because I was in the kitchen each day making Healthy Bite orders. YEA! Smile with tongue out

vanilla figcherry crisp

This weekend was soothing because I didn’t worry about the outcome. I didn’t make a to-do list. I escaped and had some “yoga” time and a little “outdoor” time.

verseyogagreenbeltsadie

And I might have done my first workout in 8 weeks, thanks to Lori! An all bodyweight workout. Soothing and satisfying!

wk

And after a long weekend, we’re making it a half day Monday and doing this.

IMG_20120427_193924

pantsppup

Yep, it’s all good.

May Mantra.. “Blessed Awareness

What kind of WHOA WEEKEND did you have?

Heather (Where's the Beach) May 7, 2012 at 7:41 am

Sounds like the Healthy Bites business is doing good! Love to hear that my friend. Yay for getting in the workout too. That must have felt great. And I think lots of outdoor time is a must for weekends!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

it felt great and hard. its was 20 minutes and i am out of shape. haha. But slow and steady, right?

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:03 am

p.s
my computer is not letting me comment on your blog. But loved hearing your ENJOYMENT!

Abby May 7, 2012 at 7:44 am

Technology is great until it isn’t, right? So frustrating. But maybe you should just consider it flattering that someone tried to hack into your account? ;) At any rate, it looks as if you had a great weekend. Mine wasn’t “whoa” in a fun retreat sense like so many others, but I did end up getting a lot crossed off my to-do list and gained some awareness along the way. Sometimes that’s a “whoa” that’s entirely too necessary and welcomed, even if it doesn’t feel like it at the time.

Have a great week, my friend!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:01 am

those are for sure needed, those unique whoa moments that suite us so well sometimes. yes? Awareness is good!

Beth May 7, 2012 at 7:58 am

That looks like a crazy good weekend. I did have a whoa weekend, like whoa where did it go?!? And whoa I just road 100 miles! etc. I think I would like more of that soothing part now.

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:00 am

at first i thought that said RAN 100 miles! i was gonna say, how are you awake? haha. But road is still amazing and WHOA beth1!!

Gen May 7, 2012 at 7:58 am

Sounds like a crazy weekend! Glad you got your email back!!!
We really had a slow weekend…..the one whoa moment was when my sister and I made red velvet fudge…it was awesome! :D

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

whoa gen!! Did you share that recipe? Hope so!

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb May 7, 2012 at 7:59 am

Must order my healthy bites this week!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:01 am

whoa youre back, yea!!

Kierston May 7, 2012 at 8:04 am

Wow! Those healthy bites look and sound amazing!!!

I had a great weekend filled with Yoga, Running, Family and Friends! Whoa…is it already over?! ;)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:04 am

whoa it is. sad! lets do it again soon, like real soon! haha. Yea for YOGA!

Hope @ With A Side Of Hope May 7, 2012 at 8:10 am

Those healthy bites look and sound so good! :) Glad you had a good weekend!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:16 am

And glad your weekend had wine! hehe.

Mattie @ Comfy and Confident May 7, 2012 at 8:10 am

Those healthy bites look great!!! My weekend was full of friends, food and fun. I can not complain at all!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:16 am

those are the best weekends to cherish Mattie!

Julia May 7, 2012 at 8:22 am

it sounds like a full weekend but one filled with so many things you love (besides email hackers!) :) hope today is full of relaxing and slowing down a bit to gear up for the week ahead! my weekend was full of “whoas” that had me take a step back often…but all were accompanied by lessons so now I am left just listening, growing and preparing to move on to more fully enjoy the next moments which I am sure will also be filled with “whoa” :)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:34 am

i love that Juls! you have such an amazing perspective on life and lessons. <3

Jess May 7, 2012 at 8:23 am

I LOVE the idea of not worrying about the outcome — how often do we live and die by the idea of outcomes vs. embracing moments, embracing our paths, embracing our journey in life? You always bring me such perspective at the EXACT right time.Love you!!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:36 am

too often i think. It is what it is when we let go but still give it all. ha, does that even make sense?

katie @KatieDid May 7, 2012 at 8:29 am

you deserve a relaxing monday! I had a recharging weekend almost entirely spent outdoors with friends. Loved disconnecting from the computer for the most part. Dined outside, shopped, went for a great walk, and started teaching myself how to slack line!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:39 am

i saw and i loved the pictures. SO AMAZING and BREATH Taking friend. WEll played weekend!

Mamarunsbarefoot May 7, 2012 at 8:31 am

your bites are sooo amazing!!!!!! When I’m better I’m going to start doing yoga! I hope you have a blessed week.

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:38 am

yes, yoga will be amazing for healing. That i can preach about! Sending lots of prayers your way. xxoo

jobo May 7, 2012 at 8:35 am

That sounds like an awesome weekend, full of whoa moments. Not worrying about the outcome is SO hard but almost key to getting through the rough stuff, right? I love your lulu pants in the last pic! Those are so cute! I had a whoa weekend filled with simplicity, unplanned-ness, and lots of b9 :-)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:38 am

yes, it is key. and I keep reminding myself that. No outcome needed, just faith. <3

Michele @ nycrunningmama May 7, 2012 at 8:42 am

I love your outlook on life. You must have a pretty juicy and exciting email account to have been hacked into =) LOL
I need to try these famous healthy bites!! I hope to place an order today! YAY!
My whoa weekend included running a marathon (over 3 days – HA), spending time in our new house (we close in a week – aghh) to measure windows, mirror space in bathrooms, etc, family time, and lots of eating =)
Hope you have a wonderful Monday!! xoxo

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:40 am

you are amazing! i hope i am half the mother you are some day Michele. Inspiring too! ANd a new house? WOW! Lots going on. rest up and you now know my new email for ordering, hehe.

Alysia @ Slim Sanity May 7, 2012 at 9:12 am

We had a pretty relaxing weekend… pool and sunshine and got in a good run on Sunday. Lots of movies, haha. It was much needed!

I’m liking that bodyweight workout too!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

oh awesome! i’m there next weekend. hehe

Allie May 7, 2012 at 9:49 am

Woah, what a weekend! So sorry about all the email issues. Crazy!

I had a great weekend… very relaxing and filled with blessings <3

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:14 pm

and a lot of good eats, right?

Heather @ Better With Veggies May 7, 2012 at 10:03 am

BLEND was amazing – it really was like Whoa! I could have used today off to recover from all the fun, but that didn’t quite happen. :) Next year, I hope you get to come play with us!!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:13 pm

next year, i better! I was sad but happy for you all!

elise May 7, 2012 at 1:58 pm

i missed blend too bc i was out of town…but i had an awesome weekend in philly with my parents. still no workout for me in a very very long time. perfectly ok with it too :)
as for blend…next year!!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:42 pm

You are perfectly blissful elise. next year, we are there together, k? I’ll bring the wine!

Molly May 7, 2012 at 10:04 am

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! And I love those purple pants in the 2nd-to-last photo.

My Whoa this weekend was learning I can handle a whole lot more hard training than I thought!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm

ya you can, cause youre pretty bad ass. that I know!

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf May 7, 2012 at 10:04 am

I am so happy to hear that you got to work out. I can only imagine how satisfying it must have felt!! Slowly but surely, right? I too love the idea of not worrying about the outcome. I need to work on that a bit more. I wish I had a whoa weekend. Sadly, mine was filled with work. Boo!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:15 pm

oh i know you can relate christine. moving muscles felt good, hard but good! hope you get to play hookie from work soon!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) May 7, 2012 at 10:16 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love that…except for the email part. Yikes, that’s an unwanted mess! It was definitely a whoa weekend, but a good whoa. We celebrated free comic book day (for Tony’s work), hung out with friends and relaxed as a family. Now, it’s back to business today and it feels good! Oh and I love that you got in a special workout. I’m hoping for more like that for you soon! xoxo

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:16 pm

you all deserve a vacation and a celebration!! I hope you get one, i really do. And some place quiet. xxoo

She Rocks Fitness May 7, 2012 at 10:33 am

Think I’m going to have to try that workout this week! I wrote it down on my colored index card. :) Seriously cannot wait to place an order of Healthy Bites. My belly is due for some! xoxo

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:12 pm

oh you’ll love it! super easy to do at home, post run, etc. ANd i need to come bring you healthy bites. I wish!! someday!

Kim K May 7, 2012 at 11:00 am

Well my woah weekend was…well, woah how can anyone feel this sick…fever, chills, sweats…and now at the dr to see if i have strep. Woah, 3 days of not eating and sweating through clothes, blankets, etc…sucks!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 11:08 am

what?! not good! Are you better today?

Melissa May 7, 2012 at 11:04 am

Yay for booming business :-)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:12 pm

it;s getting there. phew!

Lisa May 7, 2012 at 11:12 am

I flew to Santa Monica, had margaritas on the pier for Cinco de Mayo, stayed up for 24 hours straight, and then spent yesterday exploring (and shopping!). I think I’ll extend the weekend till tomorrow :-)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:08 pm

i’m going to start hanging out with you on weekends. haha

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com May 7, 2012 at 11:21 am

A half day today wahoo…enjoy every second. i am so glad you were able to get outside and to yoga. BOO to your email getting hacked, that is lame. Hope you are having a great day and your healthy bites made my stomach growl.

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:11 pm

i wish i could come feed you healthy bites and treat you well today. hehe. What an exciting weekend you had. Rest up, tomorrow is Tuesday. xoxo

Cort The Sport May 7, 2012 at 11:25 am

NO to-do list? I’ll have to try that some time. Let me put that on my list…oh…wait…!!!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:10 pm

oh there is a to do list, just decided not to live by it ! haha. Glad to hear things are going well with you. I follow all your posts. :-)

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice May 7, 2012 at 11:41 am

I had one “whoa” of a hike at the BLEND RETREAT this weekend. It knocked me on my ass man.
I just got off a red eye this am and now I’m a work. That is also whoa. Maybe a half day is in there for me too : )
Love your purple pants, by the way. I need to get me some.

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:07 pm

oh i hope you get some down time tonight! can’t wait to hear about blend. BTW, did the healthy bites make it?

Rachelle May 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Sounds like a pretty great weekend to me. :) Except the e-mail hacking…Yikes! I hope you got everything taken care of and can breath again. Have an amazing day!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 1:09 pm

and it looks like you did too! youre my running inspiration!

katie May 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm

You are SO beautiful! I really hope we get to meet one day girl! Even if I have to come there for a trip, I know we would get along so well and I love having people in my life like you that have the most beautiful and positive energy in the world!

THANK YOU for spreading May Mantra, that means so much to me! I am really excited for the first week post tomorrow! Love you!!!!

LOVE the lululemon leggings!!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

We must! and soon! I need some diva hugs and inspiration. <3 you… oh and wine!

Coco May 7, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Aw man- what a bummer about that whole email situation, Hopefully your all set now! Looks like a mighty fine bodyweight workout if I ever saw one.. can’t wait to give it a try :)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:17 pm

yes it was! try it and out and let me know whatcha think!

Lisa May 7, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Great job for your first weekend in 8 weeks!! It must have felt nice, now that you are feeling more healed and rejuvenated. And great job and not worrying about the outcome, worry free is something I strive to be more of! That is silly about the e-mail issues, aren’t hackers just the worst?!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

just to be able to work my muscles felt amazing! ya know”?

Liz @ IHeartVegetables May 7, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Mine was like “Woah relaxing” haha. Sadly, no margaritas were consumed, but I did make fajitas!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:41 pm

all is well with the world if there are fajitas, right? ;-)

kalli May 7, 2012 at 2:00 pm

sounds like the perfect weekend except for the hacking…..so glad healthy bites is keeping you busy and so glad you are having a good monday. i love my ride on saturday….that was all good!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm

i loved your ride too. Looked amazing!!! and i wanted to join!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset May 7, 2012 at 2:22 pm

That is just great that the business is doing well! As it of course would be with items coming out that are, yum! Good stuff overall, well except for the hack, ugh!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:44 pm

And i love that you had a great weekend. I read that you had a graduation, right? AWESOME! Good things coming your way Tessa!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health May 7, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Sounds like you’re getting some business for healthy bites!! Mine was “whoa spending lots of time with the fiance” :D. Loving that he is here!! Hope you’re having a great Monday friend <3

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:41 pm

and i love that too! you guys need more time together. so precious!

Katie May 7, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I want to take a half day Monday! But, it’s already been a 10 hour day. Ugh. I gotta get out of here!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:40 pm

you ARE CRAZY… and i mean that in the most loving way. No really, youre a hard worker. no wonder you are good at what you do!

teabagginit May 7, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I’m so glad that you can kick your feet up and enjoy a restful Monday! My “whoa” this weekend what J’s “whoa” when I surprised him at work with a plate full of brownies! such a good “whoa”. :)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:43 pm

oh J is so lucky! i bet those brownies were heaven! Like you.

PavementRunner May 7, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Tried to email CotterCrunchies. She didnt respond. Made donation to a Prince in Europe because he said he knew CotterCrunchies and was making her a diamond present. Tried to buy Starbucks, credit card declined. That’s weird. Received an email from PostMaster, I guess that is the new name of CotterCrunchies from now on. She types in weird code. Eh.

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:46 pm

for real? are you joking? too funny!

Bre May 7, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Whoa weekend sounds lovely. I’d like to be sitting with y’all and Sadie on the porch with coffee :) My whoa weekend was filled with nothing but training and packing & organizing for camp! :) Nice change from making lesson planes and schoolwork. My biggest whoa came from realizing that I’ve offically FINISHED my third degree! ;)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

yea!! and now HAwaii, right/?? Bring on sunshine!

Lou May 7, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Whoa as in super busy… running around like a headless chook trying to achieve a bazillion things, but not actually getting much done? Hmmmm. Anyway it was beautiful + sunny so that’s the main thing :)

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:46 pm

headless chook. that explains me too. Love you LOU!

Sarah May 7, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Yes it was a big week for a lot of people. There were tons of races this weekend. I had a great weekend. Signed the lease to our new apt. Cant wait to move in and I had my marathon which was good. I mean I did get a little sad at one point today about my time and then I realized that I didn’t train to do any different and whoa I ran 26.2 miles. That’s a lot and easy to forget when your running so much. So I am back to being happy about it. :)

Glad you had a great weekend!!

LCCotter May 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm

ya, your amazing 6 week training marathon? ROCK STAR!

Pure2raw twins May 7, 2012 at 10:24 pm

oh no, hate when my emails get all screwed up.
wish I was better with technology

lori and i had a great weekend, full of a lot of nothing!! it was great

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 7:45 am

GOOD! You two needed that for sure. xoxo

J.L. May 7, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Yay for the workout. And those healthy bites look AMAZING!!

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 7:46 am

yay indeed. hope i can keep doing them… slowly.

STUFT mama May 8, 2012 at 1:39 am

Yay for getting a workout. Hope it felt okay. And awesome that Healthy Bites are doing so well. I’m not going to lie, I crave them pretty much on a daily basis. He he. Hope your half day Monday was a good one. :)

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 7:46 am

it felt good yet hard. haha. But i’ll take it! and yes, healthy bites are calling your name.
:-)

Nichole May 8, 2012 at 5:02 am

I saw you were a busy lady in the kitchen! Looks like a fun weekend nonetheless.

Love those tights!

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 7:45 am

i live in these tights… sad but true. haha

Kath (My Funny Little Life) May 8, 2012 at 6:13 am

Wow, sounds like a really filled and fulfilling weekend! I hope your email is working again now! I did a lot of piano and guitar this weekend and also some work, but more playing. :) And some nice walking. :) Hope the workout made you feel great! And half day Mondays sound like a great idea, I wish it was possible more often!

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 7:44 am

I wish i could come walk with you. That would make a great weekend, then listen to you play the piano. Beautiful. Will you post some of your music?

Adri @FoodieBeFit May 8, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Gurl! I feel ya! I had similar kind of “whoas!” Over here as my laptop caught a nasty virus and was left useless. And I was like “whoa! Can’t even remember the last time I backed up!” Waiting to see what kind of “whoa!” I’m going to get when I get back depending on how much they save and how much re-organizing I will have to do. So yeah! I tried to put it all behind me on Sunday after I realized “whoa! I need some R&R” and so I did.

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 9:22 pm

oh man, those are the worst moments, right? haha. BACK UP THE COMPUTER NOW! haha.

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run May 8, 2012 at 2:44 pm

My WHOA weekend? My husband and our kids got into an accident thanks to some dink of a woman who ran a red light. All’s good, though, because the cop in an unmarked car saw the whole thing. :)

I need to have some of those Healthy Bites. They make me drool. lol

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 9:23 pm

oh my gosh MELISSA!!! are you okay? So glad the woman got caught!

healthy bites await for you!

Amy May 8, 2012 at 3:22 pm

sounds like an intense weekend! i went to blend which was great!! i was definitely tired after though-lots of workouts!!

ive been meaning to order some healthy bites btw…ill get on that..but give u a break first since u just sent out a huge order haha

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 9:22 pm

oh i meant to comment on your blog!! i wish i could have been at blend with you and fed you healthy bites you cute pregnant woman! and yes, email me healthy bites. Love to send you some!

Rach May 8, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Blessed awareness… amen! Love it!

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 9:15 pm

yes!! I knew you’d appreciate that!

julie May 8, 2012 at 8:03 pm

def had a crazy weekend too! i wasnt at blend although i do wish i was :( :( but i did go to an awesome concert and visited some family! mmm <3in that big old salad you've got going on there! xoxo

LCCotter May 8, 2012 at 9:25 pm

we better both go next year. I need some Julz time and some “coffee tawk.”

Jan May 8, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Mmmm the healthy bites look good! Sorry about the e-mail biz.

LCCotter May 9, 2012 at 5:50 am

i think its the least of my worries now, eh? Oh technology… you love it and hate it all. Right? haha

Abby @ Change of Pace May 8, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
My big whoa of the weekend was three beautiful days camping in Jasper, full of family, fun, and fabulous scenery!

LCCotter May 9, 2012 at 5:49 am

Oh camping is the best! I need to see these pics Abby!

Giselle May 9, 2012 at 1:03 am

I am always waiting for weekends because I have to say, it is one of the days as well my kids are always waiting for because they want to play and I also want to have time with them..

Laura @ LauraLivesLife May 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm

You had a crazy weekend – hopefully your email is up and running now? I ran my second marathon and have been crazy busy ever since! (hence the way late blog catch-up!) hopefully this weekend is calmer!

LCCotter May 13, 2012 at 8:19 am

it is, finally! so good to hear from you. I know you’ve been busy and a running MACHINE!