Positive Notes

by lindsay cotter on April 13, 2012

I am laughing at myself right now. I’ve retyped this post several times then decided, ya know what? I don’t need to say much today, sometimes it’s best to end the week on a positive note, yes a NOTE. A NOTE that is brief, to the point, and somewhat useful or helpful, right?

Positive Notes of from the week:

My shoulder is still in tact from my YOGA mishap. And I am still going to YOGA, it’s my ADVENTURE this month.

The hubs is looking mighty fine, whoops I mean he’s doing mighty fine with his training and the knee is still PAINFREE.

collage

I managed to ship out lots of Healthy Bites orders this week, which means I’m getting better at time management, right? hehe.

IMG_20120406_113622

Overall, we ate well, played well, and just focused on taking care of each other.

IMG_20120409_201738o-matic

FINAL NOTE:

My dad emailed me the except from the book below. He always sends me emails like this just when I need them. Oh, such a good man! It’s worth stopping and reading. I’m pretty sure it will help you end this week on a POSITIVE NOTE!

An excerpt from
The Power of Attitude
by Mac Anderson

In many ways, we’re alike; however, one little difference almost always makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude.
William James, over a century ago, said, “The greatest discovery of this generation is that a human being can alter their life by altering their attitude.” I believe this with all my heart, and over the years have seen it happen countless times. What most people fail to realize is that your attitude not only impacts your happiness and your success, it also can impact the happiness and success of all the people around you…your family, your friends, and your peers at work. Attitudes truly are contagious, and from time to time we need to ask ourselves…”is mine worth catching?”
There is no way to overstate the importance of a positive attitude in your life. However, no one can underestimate the difficulty in maintaining it. It’s not easy, and it’s a very personal thing, but it can be done.
The Power of Attitude was written with that in mind. I only can share with you what works for me in developing and maintaining a positive approach to life. My goal is that some of the ideas and stories I’ll share will inspire you to live the life of your dreams and to make a positive difference in the lives of others.

How are you ending this week? What was your positive note?

We’ll be heading back up to big D this weekend. A few more procedures to get done on the ol’ gut. Hope to have some answers soon. Good luck to all those racing and cheering this weekend. Especially the BOSTON MARATHON Folks.

Michelle {lively kitchen} April 13, 2012 at 8:58 am

Safe travels! I hope you get some answers and clarity.

We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this weekend, which is all kinds of positive. I’m glad the clueless me of 10 years ago knew a good thing when she saw it. :)

I’m bribing my little guy with Whole Food’s Jello today if he handles his well-child dr visit okay, so hopefully that turns out positive.
Michelle {lively kitchen} recently posted..Photo Friday – good reads

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 11:54 am

HAPPY 10 years! what a blessing. You two have such a great family, glad that commitment was made 10 years ago. Beautiful!

Allie April 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

I love all of the happiness and positiveness in this post! I hope everything with your gut goes well this weekend and I’m glad the Hub’s knee is pain-free! Woot woot!
Allie recently posted..Baked Beans

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 11:57 am

thanks friend. So good to see your smiling face on that gravatar. tee hee

Melissa April 13, 2012 at 9:35 am

positive note reminder is just what I needed today. Today is a total Friday the 13th moment right now :-(
Shining light is, after 3 today, no work until the 23rd!
Melissa recently posted..Very happy hour, or two

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

oh yea!!! you need a good break friend, from work.

Heather (Where's the Beach) April 13, 2012 at 9:43 am

Ah, such a great reminder about attitude. Thank you for sharing that! I hope you have a safe trip to Dallas and I’ll be thinking about you!
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Running, Lifting, Grilling & Heath Update

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 11:59 am

wanna come meet me half way in dallas? hehe, jk. you’d be soooo bored.

Alexandra April 13, 2012 at 9:45 am

Your happy and optimistic posts always bring a smile to me face :) I’ll be praying for you this weekend with your tummy!!!
Alexandra recently posted..appreciation yields happiness

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 11:59 am

your posts make me happy! i love you for that friend.

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner April 13, 2012 at 9:54 am

Thank you for sharing that excerpt.. it’s all so true and is an important reminder.

I love the layout/color changes to your blog and especially the header.. it looks GREAT!
Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner recently posted..Better late than never

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:15 pm

thanks sabrina!! my header is a favorite, wino for sure!

Kim K April 13, 2012 at 10:02 am

Ill be thinking of you this weekend LC!

I am ending my week relaxed and rejuvenated from my vaca in myrtle beach….ready to tackle my new job on monday!

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:14 pm

i have been thinking about you ALL WEEK!! How was vacation?

jobo April 13, 2012 at 10:18 am

I love this positive note! And that book excerpt is incredibly try. It’s sometimes all about the attitude. Makes all the difference. I am ending the week feeling as organized as I can heading into chaos, but I am excited to face it :)
jobo recently posted..Friday Fun: This is how our (sisterly!) minds work: ‘The Rules’ Edition

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

you got this, chaos is nothing to you anymore. calm and collected!!

Katie April 13, 2012 at 10:25 am

Safe travels and good luck with everything! I’ve been meaning to email you about the gut stuff. I’ve had a TON of procedures done and have a feeling we are going/went through very similar things, so if you need any advice or just want to rant and whine, feel free to do so to me. been there adn it BLOWS.
Katie recently posted..Books: Reviews and some confessions

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama April 13, 2012 at 10:48 am

Love the book excerpt–thanks for sharing. I’m trying to stay positive despite the difficulties I’m having with breastfeeding and my little guy right now.

Have a great weekend and I hope you get the answers you need!
Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama recently posted..A balanced approach to kids and sweets

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:15 pm

oh i will be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. Baby needs that breast. hehe.

Jess April 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

LOVE what your dad shared with you — attitude makes ALL the difference. Totally. AMEN AMEN AMEN!!

Good luck this weekend!! I hope you get the answers you’ve been looking for! xoxo
Jess recently posted..This is how our minds work: ‘The Rules’ edition

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm

thank you. and good luck to YOU, mrs. CHEERLEADER!

christine @ oatmeal bowl April 13, 2012 at 11:41 am

So true with attitude. my kids started stating i was always grumpy. so i thought about it one day. found out i was grumpy. fixed the problem. which made my attitude better. and now I am not grumpy. Attitude is everything.

Yay to the weekend! Hopefully the sun will come out long enough that I can take a quick hike and then eat a big breakfast. NOM. :D
christine @ oatmeal bowl recently posted..Adventurous Friday!

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm

i hope you get in that hike! attitude is powerful, and we can control it. so true.

Meg April 13, 2012 at 11:48 am

Good luck in Dallas this weekend! I hope you get the answers you’ve been looking for. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers. :)
Meg recently posted..The final stretch

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:19 pm

thank you MEG, love your kindness, as always.

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 13, 2012 at 12:12 pm

All great notes! Yeah for Healthy Bites orders:)
I’m ending the week with a massage! HECK YEAH that’s a good note!
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..No Race, No Cry

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:19 pm

MASSAGE!!! Now you just need some wine and you got yourself a good day!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning April 13, 2012 at 12:41 pm

Attitude IS everything!! Thanks for the reminder, because I need it every now and then. The power of positivity is everything.
I’m most likely going to do a bike ride/hike with my hubby tomorrow- but am going to judge that based on how my legs feel in the morning. I need to learn to give it a rest sometimes. :)
I’ve seen you mention it so many times, but I REALLY need to look into your healthy bites! (the link is blocked at work…)
Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning recently posted..iGot You, Babe

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:22 pm

OH LAUREN!!! I”ve missed you! why are you not showing up in my reader. Let’s reconnect and talk healthy bites. And enjoy tomorrow, no pressure riding

Heather @ Better With Veggies April 13, 2012 at 12:55 pm

The video on the trainer made me smile – I think james might have wanted to throw something at you, but he was working too hard. “Stop talking to me, this is a hard set!”. ;)

I have tried watching cycling while I ride the trainer, but it doesn’t keep me motivated for some reason. It should, but it doesn’t.

Happy Friday!!
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..High West Distillery & Saloon {Review}

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:18 pm

i know, i get bored with it too. I have to put on a movie or something. haha. How are you today?

kalli April 13, 2012 at 1:21 pm

good luck with your stomach procedures….i am worried about you! but i love the positive outlook and love all the yoga you have been doing :) will you keep us posted?
kalli recently posted..Vegan overnight oats and some running

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 1:26 pm

of course. It will all be good soon. Just gotta do whatcha gotta do, right?

Diana April 13, 2012 at 1:36 pm

One of the -many- things I love about the blogger community are the inspiring reminders to remain positive and take control of your perspective on life – your blog is always the source of a smile for me! I’m also excited that St. Louis is getting some rain out of its system now so that hopefully there will be nothing but clear skies for my marathon on Sunday!
Diana recently posted..Sneaky spinach

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:21 pm

amen!! we really do lift each other up with positive vibes, thank goodness for that!
GOOD LUCK SUNDAY!

Missy April 13, 2012 at 2:39 pm

you know what? your attitude is SUper catchworthy.

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:20 pm

ha, well it’s a GOD given perspective. so glad it’s catchy.

Booch still on sale. WOOO!

Laura @ LauraLivesLife April 13, 2012 at 2:43 pm

My thoughts are with you lady – best of luck and I hope that this results in +health! Loved that quote – it is exactly what I needed too (maybe I get your posts exactly when I need them, just like you get notes from your dad when you need them)! This will be my final weekend of homework – I’m dedicated to getting every. single. thing. done. And I can’t wait!
Laura @ LauraLivesLife recently posted..I Sweat Pink

Lou April 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Thinking of you and your gut (that sounds weird, but you know what I mean!) Hope you get some answers :)

I don’t know if it’s just me, but the lovely “thumbs up” picture of you at the top of your page keeps covering half of your first paragraph in posts?

Yay, happy weekend! Always a positive in my book :)
Lou recently posted..breakfast goo

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:22 pm

oh no, really? that’s weird. are you in internet explorer or safari?

Lou April 13, 2012 at 8:11 pm

I use google chrome… it’s been happening since you got your blog re designed.
Lou recently posted..breakfast goo

katie April 13, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I am sorry about your shoulder, just be safe girl! Do not want you hurt worse!!!

I am ending my week positive even though my husband resembles elephant man and I was wishing to have a bottle of wine for breakfast! haha! Off to vegas, big 30 Sunday!!!!! YIKES!

Love you!
katie recently posted..Mystery solved and Vegas countdown!

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:20 pm

vegas baby, vegas!! i know you will have a blast!! happy birthday beautiful friend.

Kris @Krazy_Kris April 13, 2012 at 4:00 pm

ahhhh – ending the week with a nap! Yep – thunder woke me up EARLY this morning and well… a nap it will be!
Oh gosh – yoga mishap? I can’t wait to fill you in on my bootcamp yoga story – seriously – the teacher scolded me! Uh…. it was not very yoga-esque in my opinion :)
xoxo
Kris @Krazy_Kris recently posted..My GAWD He Eats a Lot!

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm

oh i cannot wait for this story, do tell!

Rach April 13, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Definite positive notes!! :)

My positive note for the day was going to see my goddaughter’s ballet recital! :)
Rach recently posted..Little known fact about me…

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm

oh cute!! will you take pictures? love those little ones. positive ending indeed!

Lisa April 13, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Hope everything goes well with you guys this weekend! Great that your shoulder and the hubs knee is feeling better! I am ending the week on a positive note by going to see a movie with my mom this evening! Have a great weekend!!
Lisa recently posted..Fitness loves this week

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:18 pm

oh mom and movie time, that a perfect ending Lisa.

Bre April 13, 2012 at 7:02 pm

girl…you give those docs a piece of my mind for me if they don’t fix you up soon. ugh….I hope that you have answers soon! sending you lots of love!
love love love the email from your dad. Aren’t dad’s just fabulous like that? :)
positive end to the week? hmmm can my positive be that it’s over!? ;) hehe

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:17 pm

thank goodness it’s over! how’s the teacher stuff go? did you finish your papers? wanna move to austin yet?

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 13, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Oh, yoga adventures! I’m on my own yoga adventure this month – to conquer Headstand! I’m impressed that you tried it with your eyes closed. Maybe that would help me get over my fear of breaking my neck!

I’m ending the week in positive note – staying home, lounging with the hubs, drinking wine and watching a movie!

Good luck with all you appointments. Sending good vibes your way!
Angela @ Happy Fit Mama recently posted..2012 Boston Marathon – Who’s Running?

LCCotter April 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm

haha, i am doing that now. drinking wine, vegging on the couch. yes m’am! and next week… GO FOR HEADSTAND!

Christine @ Love, Life, Surf April 13, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Love this and ending the week on a positive note! Glad to hear your shoulder’s OK too! I’m ending my week with a sushi dinner with my hubs. Yum!
Christine @ Love, Life, Surf recently posted..Humble Pie

Julie April 13, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Atching cycling while cycling? Holy multitask haha glad we got a few minutes with the hubs while he rocks out on his bike! Nice view from the the kitch my lady friend ;)
Julie recently posted..sunday/monday preparatory

LCCotter April 14, 2012 at 6:23 am

i stay in the kitchen for that very reason. … nice view and all.

Jan April 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Hmm, just finished helping with my son’s swim team’s tryouts for the summer season. Lots of new crazy kids in the water…yikes! Positive: only one had to be rescued.
Jan recently posted..Daily Photo 4/12/12

LCCotter April 14, 2012 at 6:22 am

OHH GOOD! only one? phew!

Casey (The Hippie Health Nut) April 13, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Ohh…you gotta email me about what you’re getting done in D town if it’s helpful! :) Have a safe drive!
Casey (The Hippie Health Nut) recently posted..Twenty Nine and Feelin’ Fine

LCCotter April 14, 2012 at 6:22 am

oh i for sure will! You around this weekend?

Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca April 13, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I love the excerpt that your dad shared with you! I can’t agree more– attitude is really the most important thing!

Safe travels, friend!
Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca recently posted..Dr. Dre Beats Fail.

LCCotter April 14, 2012 at 6:21 am

thanks friend. SOmething good to end on, i agree.

Abby @ Change of Pace April 14, 2012 at 8:49 am

Good luck with your procedure; hope you find some answers.
Glad to hear your hubby’s knee is painfree (and your shoulder)!

Thanks for posting the video of him…good motivation for me to hop on my trainer and pound out some miles.
Abby @ Change of Pace recently posted..Where has the time gone?

LCCotter April 14, 2012 at 10:40 am

hope you are nailing that trainer session right now!

teabagginit April 14, 2012 at 9:04 am

oh, i’m wishing you lots of postitive thoughts and hope that you get some answers with a clear plan of action – fingers crossed!
teabagginit recently posted..Friends with benefits bars

LCCotter April 14, 2012 at 10:40 am

thanks friend. Would love an update on you soon. <3 email… ;)

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva April 14, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Hi friend! glad your shoulder is doing ok. Keep up with those adventures :) The positive end to my week: I put on weight! Yay…I’ve been pumping the weights and eating like a horse and it’s slowly paying off. Hope you and the hubs have a loverly weekend xox
Sarah @ The Healthy Diva recently posted..Weekend Link Love

LCCotter April 14, 2012 at 9:20 pm

ohh pass that weight my way! i need it. hehe. Happy weekend friend.

Nichole April 15, 2012 at 5:28 am

It’s like you knew I needed this! WOW – thank you what an amazing book, I’m going to check the Amazon store.

Hope you get back to 100% soon sweets!
Nichole recently posted..Friday Five

LCCotter April 15, 2012 at 1:11 pm

i know, i am going to steal it from my dad. such a good one.

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense April 15, 2012 at 9:11 am

Thank You for this reminder of how powerful a positive attitude is!!
Praying for you ol’ gut this morning =)
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..Rest In Peace Raelyn. You will be missed.

LCCotter April 15, 2012 at 1:12 pm

thank you LIsa. And prayers are heard. I am still in awe of your post this morning. My heart goes out to the family. <3

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run April 15, 2012 at 9:58 am

Hope the Big D treated you well! Yoga sounds like just the right adventure for you this month – I need to hop on that wagon, too. ;)
Heather @ Dietitian on the Run recently posted..The Boot-camp Burn

LCCotter April 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm

yes you do! i have a feeling you will get your yoga grooove on soon. enjoy the bike today! loved that picture.

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) April 15, 2012 at 1:08 pm

The week already ended, but I bet you can guess how I ended it… baking! :)

Such a great excerpt – I agree, attitudes can be so contagious. I try to keep a positive one at all times because of that!
Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) recently posted..Getting Into (Non-Running) Shape

LCCotter April 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm

best way to end the week for sure. Wish i was there to sample. ;-)

Holly April 15, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Thinking of you this weekend! <3 Good luck with the procedures :/ Let me know how it goes- I'm here to talk, if you need to!!!
I hope they find some kind of answer for you. Xo
Holly recently posted..Uncle Bob

LCCotter April 15, 2012 at 3:07 pm

thank you! lots of “prepping” today. tomorrow is the scope and more. haha, ain’t it pretty?! Might be emailing you after that. ;-)

J.L. April 16, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Sending good wishes your way for answers from more tests. I like what your dad sent. *Sweet* I’m struggling with positive attitude so hopefully I can take some of this to heart.
J.L. recently posted..Training Funnies

LCCotter April 17, 2012 at 8:37 am

yes, take that positive attitude and RUN with it! you can do it.

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run April 17, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I absolutely love that you said, “and what I look at in the kitchen…” He had no clue what you were talking about. Too cute.

Positive note: I don’t care if I had to walk away from a 5K to avoid an injury…I took at as motivation to register for my first half. :)

LCCotter April 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

so glad you are running chicago! this will be YOUR RACE!

Rene November 14, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Hi! I just stumbled upon your blog and am loving it!
I was just wondering what your husband found to work for his knee injury? I’ve been struggling with something similar and haven’t found the fix yet. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers!