Motivation Monday: Keep the Care

by LCCotter on April 2, 2012

This weekend was a quick one. Lot’s of driving and traveling to and from meetings, appointments, etc. But it was also a weekend where I was reminded of how much people care. I was reminded that I know GOOD people and man am I lucky.

So why is this a Motivation Monday? Well because I said so. Haha, no really, it’s motivation to keep caring for one another. To keep in touch, to send a quick email or letter, or to just tweet and say hello.

It’s motivation “KEEP THE CARE”. And this weekend I got be a part of that.

This weekend I got to be loved and spoiled by my parents while I taking a quick trip up to Dallas.

This weekend I got to hug and say bon voyage to one of my most CARING friends Dorry. She may be moving to NYC, but I know we will keep in touch. That’s just her style… KEEPING the CARE! <3

a2 (2)WP_000359WP_000364

Okay and I might have been keeping the care for myself with new lulu pants. Right Dorry?

This weekend I left my RACE Sherpa Skills in the hands of our good friend Jason. The hubs is lucky to have such a CARING friend.

Jason cared so much that he sent me text messages and pictures from the weekend’s pre-race festivities. Winking smile

o-maticV__BAF9

This weekend I felt real care from THIS blogging COMMUNITY.

They tweeted the heck out of RACE UPDATES for the hubs and other athletes we knew competing. They even took pictures and tagged me so that I could see. I mean THAT IS JUST PLAIN COOL!

CaptureV__28F8

bike

Capture4o-matic

A SPECIAL SPECIAL thanks to Beer, Michele, Holly, and Kelly for making me feel like I was right there.

THANK YOU for KEEPING the CARE!

Motivation Monday— GO!

How will you Keep the care today?

Smile with tongue out

Lou April 2, 2012 at 2:49 am

Yay, good attracts good…. that’s why you have lovely caring people around you, because YOU are :) Hooray for the hubs!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

well thats why i am so attracted to YOU! hehe.

Nichole April 2, 2012 at 3:43 am

This is awesome!! SO glad you had a great time. And you know it warms my heart to see you and Dorry!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

we need YOU in that pic!

Petra April 2, 2012 at 4:01 am

Oh Lindsey – what a great post, as always. No wonder people care about you – you’re so lovely!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:08 am

Petra, it’s people like you that make caring so wonderful. SOOO good to hear from you friend.

Miz April 2, 2012 at 4:56 am

we arent even married and I LOVED SEEING all the tweets etc abouty our hubby.
I love our tribe.

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

i consider you married to us in some form, right? I mean tornado is my child and all too. hehehehe

Lisa April 2, 2012 at 5:27 am

Sounds great—especially the lulu pants!

Today, I started out aggressively with my work so later when I can relax…I’m going in the sauna, and hopefully enjoying a really awesome cup of coffee (not at the same time—that would be nauseating!).

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:09 am

good! that sauna time is about CARING for YOU! I love those days.

Alexandra April 2, 2012 at 6:25 am

That’s so sweet people gave you race updates! And woohoo for lulu!
Hope your week is fabulous my friend!! :)

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

I wish he could have race in Corpus, to see YOU!

Matt @ The Athlete's Plate April 2, 2012 at 6:59 am

You should have let me know you were in Dallas!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 7:17 am

i know, i should have. I was literally there for appointments and left within 30 hours. CRAZY!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 2, 2012 at 7:22 am

That is so great they did that for you! Looks like you and James both had a great productive weekend! I hope you have an incredible week Lindsay!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:10 am

It was a good getaway feeling nutured. Did you get out with the boys and TOny? Hope so friend!

Jess April 2, 2012 at 7:30 am

I LOVE how cared for the FFA family made you feel this weekend, all the pics of the hubs racing must’ve made your DAY! That and seeing super-fab, super-beautiful, super-awesome Dorry off on her way to NYC. I love that. Even though it was a jam-packed weekend, you enjoyed the heck out of it with loving and caring friends. Beautiful.

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:11 am

I might hide away in Dorry’s car to nYC just so i can then take a train to Boston!!!

Jill April 2, 2012 at 7:30 am

What AWESOME people you guys have in your lives!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:11 am

very blessed. I must keep these people around! ;-)

Sarah April 2, 2012 at 7:38 am

What a great way to start a Monday! I am going to take time to call the people I love including my Mom because I think she wished I would call more often ;)

Sounds like a great weekend and there is always time for treating yourself to a little lulu!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:12 am

I think all mom’s are that way. GOod choice! I’ll do the same!

Heather (Where's the Beach) April 2, 2012 at 7:39 am

Oh I love that they were there tweeting pics for you. That’s awesome!!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:12 am

It was amazing! I really felt like i was there. SO SO THANKFUL!

Kelly April 2, 2012 at 7:59 am

YAY! I hope James did well! :) I kept seeng the twitter updates!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:07 am

It was first real race of the season so not a bad start. Cramped up on the run, but we were happy with the where things are going. oh and NO KNEE PAIN!! YEA!!

How’s your knee?

She Rocks Fitness April 2, 2012 at 8:06 am

Oh Mondays! I’m about to fuel up on some oats and then get my booty out the door for a long run. Really wish it would warm up out there…Sheesh! I’m “Keeping the Care” by reaching out to Girls on the Run to see about becoming a Coach in my area. We’ll see what happens. xoxo

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:13 am

its plenty warm here! Oh and becoming a coach?!! GO KATIE!!!!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean April 2, 2012 at 8:06 am

LOVED reading all the updates other bloggers were sending you over the weekend. such an amazing community!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:13 am

i feel quite honored to know them… AND YOU!

jobo April 2, 2012 at 8:23 am

I loved reading all the tweets about the ironman!! That was so great. Congrats to him on a great race! Made top 12 right?? And I love that you and Dorry got to spend a little time together before she is off to NYC. Very fitting. You two are the cutest, and are kindred spirits all the way. I love that.

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 8:43 pm

i am sad to see her leave TX but i know she will be in good hands up on the East coast. :P

katie @KatieDid April 2, 2012 at 9:50 am

that’s so kind of your friends to do- looks like he had a fun race weekend!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:28 pm

it was a good one. Started the season off in a good way, and i am thankful for those who cared enough to share. Pretty darn cool, eh?

Bre April 2, 2012 at 9:56 am

:) best part of twitter is the race updates! :) I’m glad everyone was able to keep you in the loop even though you couldn’t be there in person! glad you got to see Dorry…she is moving closer to me…and Abby….and that just means that you are gonna have to come up here to visit. :D :D

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm

totally love that you are there. Makes my day!

Lisa April 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

You seriously have the best inspiring posts that make me happy! How awesome is it that you have friends that would do that for you! Have a great monday friend!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm

oh gosh, thanks LIsa. But I think it’s because of wonderful people like YOU that I can post these things. No joke. :-)

Heather @ Better With Veggies April 2, 2012 at 11:17 am

Yay!! We checked up on James yesterday and I was so excited to see him do so well just a month after NZ!! =) Must be all that yummy food you make for him, right?! And very cool that you had a support crew to keep you informed through the race — awesome friends!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm

I’ll take that credit in that kitchen. hehe. xoxo

J.L. April 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Nice Post. Awesome that you have such amazing, caring people in your life. The tweeting is great and must have made you feel so good! Looks like the hubs had a good race. I’m keeping the care today by getting my work done so I can focus on kids when they get home from school. And your post will help me be mindful of it this afternoon! Take care!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:16 pm

i felt very fortunate. And i bet your kids feel very fortunate to have a mother so caring!

HOlly April 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm

That is so awesome all of the updates you got!! :) I saw them on your Twitter this weekend & thought that was pretty cool!
You know I’m thinking of you with all of the tests! & praying! Xo

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm

yes, i am so thankful for our tweet conversations too!

Rachelle April 2, 2012 at 12:56 pm

What a fantastic weekend and congrats to the hubs. :) Yay for the new lulu pants. How fun and you totally deserved it.

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm

i don’t think i will ever take off these pants. too comfy. Hope thats allowed! haha

Kris | iheartwellness.com April 2, 2012 at 12:56 pm

How awesome?! I LOVE how everyone sends the lovin’ to you!! How cool!!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

i think it’s the love of this community, ya know? AMAZING! Like YOU! <3

Klh April 2, 2012 at 2:08 pm

So glad you got some extra loving from the parents :)
Thinking of you <3

Katie

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:18 pm

i am so thankful for your texts! they make me smile so big, love you!

Kim K April 2, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I tracked hubs yest and was so stinking proud of him. Things are coming together!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:18 pm

he was bummed about the run but stoked about the bike… FINALLY!! Hey, happy last day!

Kierston April 2, 2012 at 2:57 pm

That’s so awesome and congrats to your hubs! The race pics are great!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:19 pm

i thought so too. such a cuttie patoootie.

Laura @ LauraLivesLife April 2, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I’m feeling motivated today too – (although a little onery too) – but for more then running! I know I’ve got less then three weeks to go and instead of trying to survive it, I’m going to try to savor it, since I don’t know when I’ll be back in school again!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:20 pm

you should be onery! you deserve it!! and i am sooo pumped about your marathon!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner April 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm

That’s SO COOL, Lindsay!! You really do have some caring friends!! I’m keeping the care by connecting with old friends :)

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:21 pm

YOU mean WE have some caring friends. It’s all about this community!

Julia April 2, 2012 at 5:40 pm

awww love it! one thing i have been loving is that my dad will text me pics from the Louisville softball games. i used to love going to watch them play once the weather got nice and its something i miss a lot. i am always so jealous to see the pics knowing he is there enjoying it…but love feeling like i can take part in some way :)

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:21 pm

oh i hope you save those pictures. memories and caring thoughts. yes?! xoxo

Raina April 2, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Aw! Friends do care!
Nice that Jason could be the sherpa stand-in! Those are great pics of the hubby. The last outfit? Don’t take this the wrong way, but I thought triathletes shaved all their hair off to be faster? Yet he is still fast. ha.

Nice to reward yourself with some Lulu pants too …haha. We all need rewards :)

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:22 pm

hahaha, i know!! he doesn’t shave but that’s his trade mark! hehe, hairy cotter.

Allie April 2, 2012 at 6:43 pm

What a great weekend! I love all the love that was sent your way… so I’m sending more :) love ya!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:23 pm

oh i love your love. It means the world!

Angela @ Happy Fit Mama April 2, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I kept seeing updates blowing up all over twitter on Saturday. So awesome to make you feel like you were right there!

I’m fairly new to the FFA family but I can already feel the love and caring that comes from genuinely good people!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:25 pm

oh man oh man, it is a blessing, isn’t it? What a great family and I am thrilled that we can share it together angela!

Tracy @ Commit to Fit April 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Yet another inspirational post reminding me to stay connected to the community. :)

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:25 pm

it’s something we tend to overlook at times, yes? But I am glad you commented, so that I could reconnect with YOU!

kalli April 2, 2012 at 7:16 pm

that is so awesome that people kept you updated! bill and i were thinking of james all weekend! hope he had a good race :)

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:26 pm

you and bill are just too amazing. THANK YOU a million for your ongoing support. It means more than you will EVER know. <3

dorry April 2, 2012 at 8:41 pm

I love that you always manage to snap a photo when we see each other…even if it’s inside at lululemon! so thankful for you, my friend, and appreciate that you came to see me. hope you love your new wunder unders! ;)

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:27 pm

ohh i am loving the wunder unders and so is the hubs. hehe. I cannot wait to come visit you and to share in more adventures! I am blessed to have such a caring friend. :P

teabagginit April 2, 2012 at 9:30 pm

congrats to the hubs – he looked strong! and by the way, so do you! :) this weekend i kept the care by caring for the g’parents. it’s hard, but so rewarding to help my mom out and provide for my grandparents like they provided for me!

LCCotter April 2, 2012 at 9:37 pm

you parents are quite blessed to have such a caring daughter. You are one of the most giving and caring persons i “know.”

Lindsay April 2, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Reading your posts never fails to make me smile. You’re such a caring person! Its nice to have cheerful people like you. :)

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 6:09 am

thanks linz, so glad we can smmile together!

Rach April 2, 2012 at 10:20 pm

So great that they tagged you in all the updates so you could keep up with what he was doing!!

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 6:09 am

pretty darn cool, eh?

Christine @ Oatmeal in my Bowl April 2, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I had no clue the hubs was in TX. Awesome! I saw all the updates of that event on Monica’s blog (runeatrepeat). That’s awesome sauce! Gotta love the FF community. I’ve such awesome peeps, like you… that I can’t wait to meet in person, one day.

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 6:10 am

ya, i was amazed! they were better than any other tracking system. hehe. and yes, i want to meet YOU .. SOON!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish April 3, 2012 at 12:48 am

It’s because of YOU that so many of us are able to “keep the care.” Every time I hop on over here, I’m reminded of what a beautiful friend I have–someone who inspires me to slow down and savor the good things in life. I’m so grateful for your friendship, and look forward to the day I’ll meet you in person! (By the way, any updates on attending the Blend Retreat?).

I love the Tweet updates from the race! You really did find yourself a hottie! ;-) xoxo

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 6:11 am

oh no no, it’s because of caring people like you that i care back. It all begins with a word, and yours are amazing!

I love my hottie too.

STUFT mama April 3, 2012 at 1:13 am

Oh, so cool that they kept you up to date with the race. I should try out some of James’s pre race festivities next race I have. Ha. Lululemon pants? Want. :)

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 6:11 am

ya, lulu is gonna steal my money, or my lack of money.

Kath (My Funny Little Life) April 3, 2012 at 6:56 am

Ohh, I love this! Keeping care of your loved ones, that’s so important for a happy life! Great you’re taking some time for this, Lindsay!

Hope you had a good and motivated start into the week!

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 8:08 am

i agree, we must always find time to care for each other, happy life!

Sable@SquatLikeALady April 3, 2012 at 6:57 am

Oh my gosh – how totally sweet and wonderful =)

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 8:04 am

we have a pretty cool community, eh? How are you friend?

Michele @ nycrunningmama April 3, 2012 at 6:58 am

Oh, Lindsay, thank you for this =) I’m beyond glad that I got to watch him race – he is truly amazing ! Taking pics and updating you was the highlight of the race for me – I know if my hubby were racing and I couldn’t be there, I would want as much info and pics as possible. It made me so happy when he smiled at us while he was on the bike !! I felt like I was there in your spirit and he his smile was meant for you =) It also didn’t hurt that he’s such a cutie so taking pics of him all day was fun! HAHA xoxo

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 8:15 am

no thank you. I wish i could have been there to meet you and cheer along! so awesome friend!

Holly April 3, 2012 at 9:30 am

I’ll ditto Michele- it was so much fun to cheer for James. Especially because he seemed so surprised to have someone actually cheering specifically for him (I really do think I startled him at the first water station on the run- he turned around to look when I yelled). He looked awesome out there. When he came through the water station at the beginning of the 3rd loop my heart was breaking for him. He didn’t say anything but he started walking and just kept grabbing water and cola from us and I just kept yelling at him to finish strong and he was almost there. Not sure it was helping, but I really just wanted to run with him for a while. Was so glad to see his strong finish despite the extreme heat! Can’t wait to see what the rest of the season brings! Pictures coming your way in a minute.
Happy Tuesday friend!!

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 1:31 pm

i know, poor guy left his race day nutrition at home, so the his stomach got the best of him on that heat. But he was happy despite the troubles. thanks for the support friend!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset April 3, 2012 at 10:53 am

That is just so awesome and nice that people kept you updated! That is so great you were able to engage in this, he is just so amazing :)

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm

i think we all are so fortunate, great community love!

Kris April 3, 2012 at 12:33 pm

good attracts good – Lou said it – that is exactly what I was just thinking <3

so good to see you and Dorry – your bright smiles just gave me one! XO

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Kris, you are amazing. … and oh so caring! Wish the three of us (dorry, you, and me) could meet up soon.

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 3, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Aww, I didn’t know that about Dorry! You are lucky to be around so many people who care :)

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 1:23 pm

i agree. Such pretty faces and hearts. Now, let’s get that wine retreat going, eh?

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons April 3, 2012 at 3:50 pm

love you and your BIG HEART almond joy!!!!! Def keeping the care over in my neck of the woods too — keep up the fabulousness and let’s plan a trip to NY to visit Dorry when she moves!!!! <3 mwah!

LCCotter April 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

oh i miss you friend, a lot! i might be coming to NC soon. just sayin….