Filler UP Friday

by lindsay cotter on April 6, 2012

Just a quick hello this GOOD FRIDAY. I hope everyone gets their FILL weekend.

FILL yourself so that you can overflow. I know, easier said than done at times. But to me, FILLING ourselves starts with being kind to ourselves, loving ourselves, and being thankful… yes… for OURselves.

Do I sound like a hallmark card yet?194569646370728732_DS2keskp_c

So go head, get your FILL.

Your FILL of

Recipe Type: snack
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 30
Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup GF Rice Crispies (I use brown rice crispies)
  • 2/3 cup raw cashews
  • 1/2 cup mini caramel bites (in baking section)
  • 1 tbsp chocolate pudding powder (can also use cocoa)
  • 45 grams of Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 2-3 tbsp Dark Chocolate Almond Butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
Instructions
  1. Blend your dry ingredients (minus the powders) in food processor. Transfer to bowl. Add in your powders, cocoa, almond butter. Stiry and mix well. Add in your honey, stir again. Roll into bites and place on wax paper. Store in freezer or fridge.

What will you FILL YOURSELF with today?

“Let me FILL you with MY Love, Joy, and PEACE. These are Glory-gifts, flowing from MY presence.”- God

HAVE A BEAUTIFUL EASTER WEEKEND.

Cotter Crew

For my Gluten Free Friends, here’s a list of APPROVED Gluten Free Easter Candy. ENJOY!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 6, 2012 at 8:02 am

I get to spend the day with my guys!!! I’m looking forward to some family time! Have great weekend my friend. I hope you two get a chance to enjoy some relaxation and family time! Xoxo
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Gardening, Baking and Scary Movies…

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm

enjoy it sweet sarena. I know you will, every moment. xxoo

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean April 6, 2012 at 8:38 am

ooohh LOVE this version. yummmmmmm
Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean recently posted..Fitness Friday 16

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm

they really do taste like cadburry eggs too!

Klh April 6, 2012 at 9:10 am

Fill yourself up! Yes yes :)
Those healthy bites sound delish!
Happy Friday Linds!
Klh recently posted..Bubbles

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 1:59 pm

happy Friday. BTW, i lost all my contacts. text me again so i can save yours. <3

Katie April 6, 2012 at 9:24 am

Oooooh. Those bites look wonderful. (Well, okay, they actually don’t LOOK wonderful, but they sound it!) I just made some lemon bites with my new lemon stevia….LOVE. Very springy.
Katie recently posted..What I read on Wednesday (and before that too)

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm

i think they look like rabbit poo. haha, but good nonetheless!

jobo April 6, 2012 at 9:26 am

Happy Good Friday and Easter, my friend. I am so excited to spend the day on Sunday hosting my grandparents and my mom and sister Jen and niece! Love that cadbury egg healthy bite! WANT!
jobo recently posted..Why I keep my blog semi-private (and why M doesn’t read it).

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm

oh yea! i bet we get to see some sweet pictures come monday, yes?

Jess April 6, 2012 at 9:40 am

Beautiful message my friend — you always write with such heart, YOUR heart which I just happen to love dearly. :)

Happy Easter weekend my dear, I’ll be thinking of you on Sunday while giving praise to Him on this glorious day. I’ll also be filling myself up with love and praise and joy this weekend, surrounded by family and friends, just how I like it.
Jess recently posted..Foodie Friday – the “I’m a genius” edition

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Praise HIM! and thank you friend, for your BIG heart. Love you.

Alexandra April 6, 2012 at 9:42 am

Hope you have a glorious and blessed Easter weekend too girl! He is risen! :)
Alexandra recently posted..Instagram, Registration, and Ostriches

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:01 pm

glorious indeed friend! Be good for the easter bunny, and PRAISE HIM this weekend. AMazing! <3

Tessa @ Amazing Asset April 6, 2012 at 9:50 am

Loving this post, perfect for Friday love :) I am going to enjoy my time with friends tonight!! Have a glorious weekend!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..(Overcoming) Holiday Fears

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:02 pm

good! because your amazing love of life will overflow into them. I know it!

Amanda @RunToTheFinish April 6, 2012 at 11:02 am

i just adore you!!! you have the best attitude and I love it.

the energy balls look pretty rock star too!!!
Amanda @RunToTheFinish recently posted..Running Streak is it selfish?

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I adore you! Happy Easter weekend Amanda.

Amy April 6, 2012 at 11:14 am

I think you can purchase some of your various “balls” oh goodness, can’t think of what you call them :) i like you on FB too but can’t see how to order them or how much they cost. Thanks! they all look so yummy! Can you email me please?

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm

email away amy!! Send it to cottercrunch (at) hotmail (dot) com

Rachelle April 6, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Oh Yum those look absolutely delicious and perfect for Easter. Have an amazing weekend and hopefully the Easter bunny doesn’t forget to visit the Cotter home. ;)

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm

i told the easter bunny we moved, so i am hoping he finds us here and not in NZ. hehe

Kierston April 6, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Spent my day running with friends! We had a great time! Filling myself up with family this weekend! Can’t wait :) Have a great Easter! p.s. those balls looks delish!
Kierston recently posted..Go Get It!

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm

oh i love it! family is good at filling. Beautiful Kierston!

Heather @ Better With Veggies April 6, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Oooh – I wonder if they have a vegan version of those caramel bites, because that recipe sounds fantastic!!
Heather @ Better With Veggies recently posted..Eating Out in Utah — Vertical Diner, Indochine Vietnamese Bistro, & The Farm {Review}

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:04 pm

i bet you can. Just youse agave, pea protein, and cocoa powder. Does that veganize it?

Brittany April 6, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Happy Easter Lindsay. I hope you the hubs have a wonderful weekend.

Can’t wait to meet you. :)
Brittany recently posted..Healthy Passover – Recipe Roundup

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:26 pm

me too friend. I sure hope we get too!

Laura @ LauraLivesLife April 6, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Thanks for the list – I was wondering what I’d be able to *borrow* from the easter egg hunt at church on Sunday! Have a wonderful weekend!
Laura @ LauraLivesLife recently posted..Five Things Friday (Running Edition)

LCCotter April 6, 2012 at 2:26 pm

it’s a good list too! phew!

Missy April 6, 2012 at 2:49 pm

i LOVE how the writing above the treat photo looks like a cross. YOU! have a wonder-filled and awe-filled weekend.
Happy Easter.
Missy recently posted..i answer a bunch of questions about my crazy

Missy April 6, 2012 at 2:51 pm

*random* suddenly the word awful will never be the same to me– it sounds like it could be “awe-full” which in my head is now translating to “full of awe” after writing the above comment.

weird, haw? i don’t think i like the word awful as a word anymore.
no worries. i’ll be over it tomorrow.
Missy recently posted..i answer a bunch of questions about my crazy

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:01 am

LOL! You know i love you more and more each day with these comments. I’m AWFULLY thankful for you.

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health April 6, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Oh my gosh those sound sinfully delicious…except they aren’t sinful at all ;). I plan to spend the evening out to dinner catching up with some friends and just enjoying each others company!
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Fitness Loves of the Week #10

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:02 am

excactly! more bang for you buck with these healthy bites. hehe. happy Easter weekend friend.

Lou April 6, 2012 at 2:57 pm

mmmm tasty tasty health bites :)

I’m so looking forward to just hanging with my boys… so nice Viper gets a break from work and we all get to play :)

Happy Easter to you and the Hubs :) xx
Lou recently posted..simply sensitive

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:02 am

yea for boy time. You have some cuties. Fill them with your good cooking!

Lisa @ RunWiki April 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm

You know that I am so thankful for you..wow, how did I get so lucky to cross paths with such a ray of light? Some people just make you smile from the inside out..that’s you my angel girl.
PS. Those are some fine lookin’ carmel bites.. pin those babies pronto xo
Lisa @ RunWiki recently posted..Cherry Blossom 10 Miler Race Recap

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:03 am

oh same here friend. Thankful we connected, thankful for your heart, thankful for your words! and SMILE. <3

katie April 6, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I fill myself with love and positivity every day!

Things I wish I would fill myself with this weekend….

martinis, cadbury creme eggs, and non stop ice cream! Hehehe!

I will have the cadbury eggs at least but in moderation, next weekend martinis, big 30th birthday!

Love ya girl!
katie recently posted..A day in {pics}

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:03 am

big 30!!! i want to come celebrate with you. I’ll bring the wine.

She Rocks Fitness April 6, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I hope you are disconnecting and enjoying your weekend…I’ll be disconnecting tomorrow after yoga! This week I’m hoping to let my guard down and fill up with love, laughter, new experiences, and FUN. xoxo
She Rocks Fitness recently posted..Corporate Boot Camps ROCK

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:05 am

fill up with yoga! me too! thinking of you!

teabagginit April 6, 2012 at 7:50 pm

oh man, i’m filling my pinterest with your recipes! :) and i’ll be filling j’s belly with healthy bites!
i’m also filling myself with deep breaths for relaxation, long sighs of contentment, and joyful bursts of excitement!
teabagginit recently posted..Friends with benefits bars

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:05 am

yea!! J man is so lucky. Enjoy those deep breaths friend… fill er up.

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run April 6, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Happy Easter, beautiful friend! This was a beautiful post, and it didn’t require a lot of words to be an uplifting reminder of how to live life. How to live life everyday, really.

I plan to fill myself up with God and family this weekend.
Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run recently posted..On keeping my chin up.

Heather (Where's the Beach) April 6, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Um yum! Those bites look fantastic. I am filling myself up with lots of Heath Man Love tonight. Going to just enjoy the fact that we are so blessed to have such a sweet little guy.
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Fun Facts Friday – Cocker Spaniels

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:04 am

oh he is so lucky to have a good mama too! hugs from me!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish April 6, 2012 at 10:26 pm

This post fills me with JOY!! And so do you, Miss Cotter! Always! <3

Aaaand, I have no doubt your healthy mini caramel Cadbury eggs will as well. I hope you plan on sharing some with the Easter Bunny!

Have a beautiful weekend, my friend! xoxo
Sara @ Nourish and Flourish recently posted..Cardio(less)

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:04 am

And you fill me with one big SMILE each time I hear from you!! I LOVE IT! Happy Easter.

Wendy April 7, 2012 at 5:04 am

We filled our home on Friday with wee one clothes/shoes/blankets/bibs, etc. since through prayer we know the gender of said wee one.

Angels blessed us with a free gift from an Earth Angel, and we are beyond grateful.

We also filled our home with the laughter and wackiness of a 13 year old young man all week who could not be more thrilled about his future sibling. :-)
Wendy recently posted..A.S.S.

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 6:00 am

that home is beyone blessed, and so are you! <3

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva April 7, 2012 at 5:07 am

I think I’ll fill myself with more healthy bites! And lots of smiles because I get a week off to relax and catch up on all my studying. Hope you have a lovely easter weekend :)
Sarah @ The Healthy Diva recently posted..Lovely Lemon Snow Eggs

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 5:59 am

yea!! enjoy it friend. You deserve it.

Nichole April 7, 2012 at 8:02 am

I plan to fill my family up with love and quality time.

What a blessing you are, friend. Beautiful message.

Tasty little bits!
Nichole recently posted..Happy Easter – Peep This

LCCotter April 7, 2012 at 12:00 pm

you are blessing to me! happy easter weekend sweet friend. FILLER UP!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama April 7, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Oh Lindsay- I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I love the new look of the site and that recipe for healthy bites. That’s just not nice because now I want to make thme right now instead of do my taxes. :) LOVE YA!!!!!
Kristin @ STUFT Mama recently posted..Goodie Goodie Yumvelope

LCCotter April 8, 2012 at 7:40 am

hope you are taking a break from taxes so celebrate this easter morning. Get your FILL of FAMILY and GOD! <3

J.L. April 7, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I filled myself with making homemade donuts and coloring easter eggs with the kids. Good morning. And thanks for the recipe…I can’t wait to try these healthy bites!
J.L. recently posted..Defeated and Deflated

LCCotter April 8, 2012 at 7:39 am

perfect! ENJOY that FILL friend! Let me know if you make the bites.

Pure2raw twins April 7, 2012 at 8:32 pm

beautiful as always ;) hope you guys have a wonderful Easter!
Pure2raw twins recently posted..a few reasons to call us crazy

LCCotter April 8, 2012 at 7:38 am

you too sweet friends. Wish we could all celebrate together. <3

Tara April 8, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Happy Easter!! These sounds awesome. Caramel is the best! Too bad the easter bunny didn’t bring me these!
Tara recently posted..Happy Easter!