Did you happen to see Mrs. JG’s post the other day about “Adventurous April?” .
I’m kinda diggin it. Okay, I am actually Lovin’ it! Why? Cause it challenges us to step out of our comfort zone. Any comfort zone! Yes, you can have something other than OATS for breakfast, haha. That’s a little food blog humor.
But in all honesty, take a look at what you are doing. Is there anything that is “same old, same old?” I know I have plenty.
For instance, take Heather. Skipped her normal lunch time workout to go meet a friend for lunch. Is that adventurous? Well yes if you are used to routine. Was it beneficial? HECK YES! It made her day and meant so much more than just a normal lunch time visit. You can read about it yourself here.
I’d say I am way out of routine, and that okay. I am being adventurous by letting the YOGI in me shine. Cardio? What’s that? Slow walks with the dog are way more adventurous… okay only when she chases deer. Haha. I all honesty, learning to do less and “absorb” more is my adventure. Learning to deepen my YOGA practice from the inside out is adventurous. Learning to live slowly, well heck, that’s adventurous in this fast paced world, yes?
So take the challenge. Whatever adventure it may be, and embrace.
Start small if need be. Say with….. new flavors?
Passion fruit, Blood-orange, and Apple Cinnamon Chobani.
OH MY… GET OUT AND TRY SOME. Yes, I am sure 90% have already tried these new adventurous flavors, but if you haven’t.. GO NOW.. STOCK UP!
And you know what’s even more adventurous about these new chobani flavors?……
Eating them topless.
Just kidding, please don’t do that unless you are 2 and this cute!
Healthy Bites also took the challenge and created a new ADVENTUROUS FLAVOR.
And I thought I’d be even more adventurous and share the recipe myself. I better be winning this challenge with that, right? hehe.
Tropical Rum CRAISIN
THAT’s CRAZY! eh?
|Tropical Rum CRAISIN||
- 25 grams Tropical flavor Protein (i used Jay Robb)
- 25 grams Vanilla Protein
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 6 oz chopped dried pineapple
- 3 to 4 tbsp craisins
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 tbsp chopped dried banana chips
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey (give or take)
- Chop all your dried fruit and place in bowl. Then add in your powders and flour. mix well. Add in your almond butter, extract, and honey. Mix again with hands and roll into bite size balls. Roll bites in the shredded coconut and place on wax paper.
- Store in freezer for the first 30 minutes, then keep there or place in fridge for later storage. Either works. I store mine in the freezer. THey will last there for up to 6 weeks and are good at room temp for about 4 hours before getting soft.
Alright, your turn. Sign up, get adventurous, get crazy adventurous!
And definitely make these healthy bites!