30 is the magic Number

by LCCotter on April 30, 2012

Happy Monday friends. I hope this weekend was a good one. We celebrated “Cotter Style” this weekend. You see, it’s a certain someone’s 30th today. Yes, 30 on 30th! The hubs is 30 years young. Actually, his birthday was yesterday New Zealand time. Lucky duck, he gets to celebrate twice. Winking smile

Anyway, the hubs is not big on birthdays but I like celebrating so we comprised. He let me spoil him. That makes both of us happy. We may next have a lot of money or fancy things, but birthdays are all about who you spend it with. Right?

I did my best to look my best and treat the man well.

7994e026918511e1af7612313813f8e8_720120428_175427

Quality Mexican food, plenty of Mexican martinis, and a good fun post dinner. Hint hint. Winking smile

IMG_20120428_184106bday

A cream filled donut for dessert. Ha! Easy to please you might say.

donut

And I just have to give my two cents here. Yes, the big 3-0 is big! I’m not far behind him. But to me, 30 is not old, it’s YOUNG! It’s a perfect age. You are wiser but not old. You are young but not a youngster, you are cool but not too cool.

0f3e23fa924211e19e4a12313813ffc0_7

When I was younger I thought I’d have two kids by age 30. HA! I don’t think so. I’m not even close to being settled. But that’s the life I chose when I married this man. Chasing the dream, living paycheck to paycheck, wishin’ on a dime, and just going for it. Heck ya it’s scary and freakin hard, but we pray to God every night for provision and guidance. At least we pursuing it, no regrets here.

Happiness may come and go but JOY is made complete just by living life with each other.

You tired of my corniness yet? Nah, never, right?

Okay, let’s move on to another important part of this big 30 day! It’s April 30th which means FOODIE PENPAL day!

This month I had the privilege of participating in Lindsay’s Foodie Penpal and today is the big “reveal” day.

foodiepal_stamp2

I had lot’s of fun doing this. The penpal I shopped for was Jen from http://www.jennpesce.com/. So fun to shop for her. Lots of TEXAS goodies were sent her way.

My foodie Penpal was Heather from Hezzi’s Books and Cooks.

IMG_20120423_204741

She spoiled me with foodie gifts just in time! I used the GF baking goods to make a bday cake for the hubs. Perfect!

IMG_20120423_204456IMG_20120423_204704IMG_20120423_204626

And that homemade apple butter she made… ya… it’s gone. I used a spoon and basically ate it in one sitting. No shame there. Winking smile Thank you. HEATHER!

So that’s it folks. Lots of celebrating today.

Celebrating birthdays, celebrating FOODIE PENPALS, celebrating the last day of adventurous April, celebrating the countdown to BLEND (wish I was going), and celebrating a fresh start to the week.

30 is a good number. Cheers to 30 and finding your JOY in life!

What are you en-JOYING today?

STUFT mama April 30, 2012 at 1:49 am

I better get my foodie pen pal reveal ready. Yikes. Oh man Lindsay, I feel OLD. Enjoy it while you can. The years keep sneaking up. PS- you look super cute all done up and all. Hope your hubby’s birthday weekend was a blast. :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:53 am

ha, you should not feel old. I think you live life by the fly, full of taking chances and going with it. Thats amazing. Thats youthful. that’s FUN! And you’ve got two munchin’s along for the ride! oh and one clever kitty.

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva April 30, 2012 at 1:55 am

Happy birthday to the hubs!!! I’m enjoying not having to study for any more exams. I will also be enjoying some cookies shortly when they come out of the oven…maybe I should change the name of my blog from ‘the health diva’ to ‘the cookie monster’ haha…well they are oatmeal raisin so I guess it is healthy. So inspired that you live life so passionately. That’s what it’s all about. Have a great week friend xox

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:52 am

oh i like that! how about cookie queen!?

Lou April 30, 2012 at 2:23 am

Yeah! Happy Birthday to Jimbo :) You look lurrrvley by the way, and your celebration sounds perfect to me!

And I love the corny… don’t you go changing a bit :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:54 am

we celebrate the same way. And he even bought steinglager pure for himself today. Found it at wholefoods!

hillary April 30, 2012 at 3:24 am

sounds like a perfect 3-0 to me! and umm yes you look HOT all done up, friend! love it! happy happy to the hubs!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:56 am

i’m hoping this 30 thing will mean better endurance and wisdom in the Pro field, eh? Seems to work for others. How are you feeling!?!

hillary April 30, 2012 at 6:15 am

yesss it will! took me til 30 years AND literally had to finish 30 ironmans before I won one :)
feeling good-ready to race here in OZ!

Bre April 30, 2012 at 11:46 am

Linds, EH? love it. Using Canadian lingo makes you wiser already. I think James should come race Muskoka 70.3 and keep rolling with that wise Canadian lingo! ;) Hillary- you could come too but you are going to be busy kicking butt in Wisconsin that weekend!

Linds- send the hubs my birthday wishes! and 3-0 & racing wisdom–here is something to kick it off, “That which you manifest is before you. The visible becomes inevitable. Your car goes where your eyes go.” (Garth Stein- Art of Racing in the Rain).

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm

I think you are right! Muskoka sounds PERFECT! Let’s all email him and convince him to do so!

Bre May 1, 2012 at 2:00 pm

YEAHHHH!!! we can drink wine and cheer!! p.s. y’all better be coming to Quassy!! If I’m coming 4 days post Epic camp (worst idea ever!? probably) I want to see you!!

Nichole April 30, 2012 at 4:00 am

What a great way to celebrate a golden birthday – you did it right. High five wifey!

Someone is looking hot for 30 (can I say that):)

Mexican, the only way to fiesta. I laughed at your 2 kids thing, I hear ya there! But y’all are doing it right, traveling and living it up before bbs.

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:51 am

and you guys are doing the same. Now we just need to venture out together!

Alexandra April 30, 2012 at 4:41 am

30 IS young, you guys’ve got so many more happy years together!! So glad the hubs had such a great bday weekend!! :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:57 am

i like to call them adventure years. CAuse we never know what’s coming. haha. But tis life! happy monday!

Miz April 30, 2012 at 5:25 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE SPRING CHICKEN!!!

Jess April 30, 2012 at 5:36 am

Happy birthday to the hubs! Sounds like you two had an awesome weekend of celebrating a wonderful life that’s truly just getting underway. I totally view hitting the big 3-0 as the moment you truly start to hit your stride and find your own voice, skin, path, etc. Cheers to that, right?

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:51 am

TOTALLY AGREE!! Hit that stride and run with it. Plus you just look damn fine doing it. I think you sure do. teehee

Tessa @ Amazing Asset April 30, 2012 at 5:38 am

Happy Birthday to the Hubs! I love your shirt and you are looking mighty fan all dressed up :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:58 am

saved by the SALE section at gap and old navy. Gotta love those stores!

misszippy April 30, 2012 at 5:50 am

Happy birthday to your man! 30 really is a great age–and still very young, trust me. Sounds like you had the perfect celebration (and you looked fabulous). Love that you used your pen pal ingredients for a cake!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 5:57 am

it’s peak endurance age, right? that’s what i tell him. haha.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) April 30, 2012 at 6:58 am

Happy Birthday to James! Sounds like you two know how to celebrate! Love that smile on your face Lindsay! Could you be any cuter??? I think not! You know we are always chasing the dream here too! I think finding the joy in the little things is the best way to find happiness. Everyday is a new adventure, so you just keep going and find the joy in it. Hugs to you friend! Have more fun celebrating with the hubs!

jobo April 30, 2012 at 7:02 am

You look amazing! Hot stuff!!! And I love to spoil M for his birthday too, I love birthdays!! I am sure he appreciated and loved every minute because he was with YOU and that’s all that matters. And you are never corny. Inspiring to the fullest :-) XOXO

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm

we should have had a joint bday for our guys and met half way! haha! okay, that wouldn’t work but it would be fun.

Coco April 30, 2012 at 7:31 am

Happy Birthday Hubby! :) and You look great!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm

thanks friend. It’s fun to look nice for each other, yes/?!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean April 30, 2012 at 7:33 am

awww yay! you look so pretty!!!! happy bday hubs!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm

thanks lindz, gotta thank you for the foodie pen pal too! YOURE AWESOME!

Abby @ Change of Pace April 30, 2012 at 7:38 am

Happy birthday to the hubby! You look gorgeous.
I agree…30 is so young nowadays. It’s funny what we thought we’d be doing by 30 when we were young!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm

i think i thought I’d be retired too. haha, now that i wish!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health April 30, 2012 at 7:39 am

Happy birthday hubs!!!! You look so pretty Linds! Glad you had fun celebrating this weekend. Hope you have an amazing Monday <3

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

those weekends need to be longer, right?

Heather (Where's the Beach) April 30, 2012 at 7:58 am

Happy Birthday to James!! I love that shirt on you. Super cute. And what a fun foodie package too!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:20 pm

i tried my best to pull off a “heather” look. Did i make it?

Samantha April 30, 2012 at 8:00 am

30 is young! I would know ;-) Happy birthday to your hubs!!!!

I’m enjoying the beautiful spring weather – it has been nothing short of gorgeous here the past few days! :-)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm

oh good! boston enjoys that spring air! hope you stay outside and breathe it in!

dorry April 30, 2012 at 8:19 am

happy birthday to James! looks like y’all had a great weekend celebrating – can’t beat Mexican food & donuts, right? ;) he’s like Billy – easy to please!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:17 pm

totally like billy. Just like simple but fun. and of course food! Love ya friend.

katie @KatieDid April 30, 2012 at 8:21 am

Happy birthday to James! Have a blast celebrating together today. It’s truly funny to think about where you thought you would be or what you thought you would be doing at a certain age. Then you hit that age and laugh at how you never could have predicted any of it! It’s truly amazing.

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:16 pm

and thank goodness for that. Reality checks are nice suprises… most of the time. haha

Kim K April 30, 2012 at 8:28 am

happy birthday to JC!!!!! hurray for an excellent birthday weekend! i will welcome you both to the 30 club ;)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm

i like this club. It’s cooler than the other side of the pillow. right?

Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength April 30, 2012 at 8:49 am

Thirty is awesome. I love my thirties so far and I think it might just be the best decade. :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I think we will both take your word for that! Awesome Amanda!

Melissa @ Live, Love, & Run April 30, 2012 at 9:17 am

Happy Birthday to the hubby! I’m not far from 30 myself, only 4 more months to go…and I’ve heard your 30s are the best years for the very reason you mentioned!

You look beautiful in your outfit, btw!

And I love that you guys live paycheck to paycheck chasing DREAMS. That’s a really big deal. I’d choose that over living lavishly any day.

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:16 pm

agreed! you only live once, so go for it!

Fox Peterson April 30, 2012 at 9:43 am

happy birthday!
i love how you take such joy in your life… chasing a dream, living paycheck to paycheck.. we have a similar life (and the husband is ALMOST 30)… it’s maybe not where I imagined where I would be when i was in college, but it’s exactly where i want to be now!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm

girl we are so alike! too bad we don’t live closer.

Calee (@chimes) April 30, 2012 at 9:43 am

Happy Birthday to the Hubs!! :) Sounds like you had an awesome time.

Yesterday was our anniversary (well kind of. It was 2.5) … and the roommate was out of town all weekend. ;)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:13 pm

WOOHOO!!! Now that is a good time.

Heather April 30, 2012 at 9:52 am

Happy birthday to Mr. Cotter!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:13 pm

He says thank you Heather. oops I mean Heathe (haha, instagram reminded me of that)

Whitney @LiveRunLoveYoga April 30, 2012 at 10:13 am

Love this post! And your top is super cute! You looked great! Happy Birthday to Mr. Cotter!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Gap to the rescue. Sale rack is where it’s at, amen!?!

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice April 30, 2012 at 10:33 am

I’m enjoying a mid-morning green juice!
And welcome to foodie pen pals! I love that you sent a lunchskin to your pen pal. Great idea. I need to get me some of those.

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm

The lunchskin was AWESOME! I need to invest in more. Agreed!

Rachelle April 30, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Awww Happy Happy Birthday to the hubs! It absolutely sounds like the perfect weekend and I love your attitude. I used to think 30 was “so old” but now that I’m inching closer I have realized that life has just begun. It is all about perspective. :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:12 pm

so true. 30 is the new 18! haha, let’s make it that!

Shannon April 30, 2012 at 12:30 pm

happy birthday to the hubs!! looks like you treated him quite well ;)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm

well it made me happy too, so it was fun! hey how’s the traning coming for ya?

Paige @ Running Around Normal April 30, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Happy birthday to Mr. Cotter! That pineapple drink looks yummmmy :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm

you know we like our grown up drinks. hehe

Alysia @ Slim Sanity April 30, 2012 at 1:13 pm

can’t wait to join Foodie Penpals for May!

I’m enjoying a day of productivity after a relaxing weekend. Does that count? :)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:11 pm

that does count! and way to knock it out Alysia!

kalli April 30, 2012 at 1:23 pm

what a fabulous weekend for you and the hubs. it looked like you had so much fun celebrating his beday and you are right-it is who you spend it with that is worth is all-no money can surpass that!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Easy to please… good company, good food, good wine drinks. Man we need to live closer. The ocean is calling our name!

katie April 30, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I agree about 30!!!! Love what you said!

Happy Birthday to your hubby! I am glad he had a great one, how could he not when he has a beautiful wife like you ;)

Happy Monday!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:05 pm

You know I love you for saying that, hehe. And I love that you are almost bday twins with my hubby. Great people!

Katie April 30, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Yeah, 30 is definitely NOT old. Wiser and cooler. And with every year beyond 30, you only add to the wiseness and coolness. At least, that is what I tell myself!

You look super cute! The hubs is a lucky man, indeed. Wink wink.

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 2:04 pm

yes, youre the cool cat. ANd can you get any wiser? that’s impressive! ;-)

Julia April 30, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Hey Its my birthday today too! Wish Your special guy a happy 30th. I have him by a few ( 16 who’s counting?) years! Awesome, and you look lovely :) hope you have a great week!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 8:01 pm

no way! very cool! You two are special. Such great hearts!

Lisa April 30, 2012 at 3:10 pm

You look so pretty Lindsay!! I agree about 30, I don’t understand how people think that is old. Um, nope not at all! I think its a beautiful number where you become more mature in your life. Age is just a silly number anyways! Happy birthday to the hubby! Looks like you guys enjoyed your weekend.

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 8:02 pm

i agree. I am glad to age. Each wrinkle means a good memory in the making, right?

Meg April 30, 2012 at 4:04 pm

My husband and I are the same way about birthdays. What is it with men and birthdays anyway? ;)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 8:02 pm

i don’t know, men are so silly. 30 is the new 18!

Shannon April 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I’m enjoying being employed again!

But I need help getting into personal training now that I’m certified…

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 8:03 pm

oh i think CO will help you with PT. so much opportunity. Just start searching! hope you finally got your chobani too!

Lisa @ RunWiki April 30, 2012 at 5:15 pm

You are simply gorgeous inside and out. Happy Birthday angel. How did you gain so much wisdom in only 30 short years? incredible.

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 8:01 pm

LOL! Well thank you. I think wine helps us age wiser. so Cheers!

Caroline April 30, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Happy Birthday young James!
ah the big 3-0
I remember when I pass that one. I was going nowhere in my life. I had not met my husband yet. So that is when I hit the mid life crises thing…
so It is all behind me now!!! ha!
it really is just a number…I can tell you…cuz I know and I am way older!!!:)

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 8:00 pm

and thats not even midlife. Look at you now, totally LIVING LIFE and Running! What inspiration!

Erika @ TriathlonRx April 30, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I had seen that photo when James posted it on Twitter… lookin good mamacita!! ;) Hahha and nice to see James with a smile on his face (with the mexican food)… it seems like he always looks serious in photos. 30 is NOT that old!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 7:59 pm

i know, he is way to serious. haha, I think the mexican martini helped loosen him up!

Molly April 30, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Oh you two are SOOOOO young! I thought 30 was fantastic – LOVED that crossing into my 30s. So far, 35 is even better :) Glad he had a good b-day – I went out for Mexican food too!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 7:59 pm

youre only 35, that’s young. You look 25, for real. Embrace it MOlly! You’ve got it going on. hehe.

Hezzi-D April 30, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Happy birthday to your husband! I’m glad you enjoyed the package and were able to use the GF cake mix for his b-day!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm

yes!! perfect timing too heather. Thank you.

Melissa April 30, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Happy birthday to him! Where did y’all enjoy the quality mexican food?

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 7:58 pm

oh you better believe it was MAUDIES!

Tara April 30, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Happy Birthday to the hubs!! I definitely don’t think 30 years is too old. You guys have plenty of time! I’m super jealous of your homemade apple butter foodie pen pal package. That sounds so good!

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 9:15 pm

i would have shared the apple butter, if i had a gallon of it. haha. Hope you are doing well friend.

She Rocks Fitness April 30, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Look at you all dolled up…Love it! You guys are YOUNG…HA! 30’s are the new 20’s. I think that’s what I’ve heard these days. Either way, it’s a great decade and happy birthday to the hubs and all of the fun stuff that you have going on. xoxo

LCCotter April 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm

youre the poster child for a thirty and flirty life. LOVE IT katie!

Bonnie April 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm

Happy, happy birthday to James! :D And you look BEAUTIFUL, my friend! Love to hear how you celebrated and enjoyed the peek at Foodie Pen Pals. :D Love to the Cotters!

LCCotter May 1, 2012 at 6:45 am

Love right back to the LANGS!! <3

Sarah May 1, 2012 at 6:40 am

Foodie Penpal! Brilliant idea!

My hubs just turned 30 on the 15 this past month. I agree it is not old it is young. People say that the best time in their lives was in their 30s. So I will be looking forward to it.

Happy Tuesday :) (I read this post a little late :))

LCCotter May 1, 2012 at 6:45 am

me too! I am looking forward to that age. Better endurance too. haha. Happy belated to your hubby.

Sarah May 1, 2012 at 6:54 am

Yeah way better endurance. I read somewhere that the female runner is strongest in her 30s :)

Happy Belated to yours as well!

Sable@SquatLikeALady May 1, 2012 at 7:06 am

Awwww you look super cute!!! I love that top – it goes great with your beautiful smile =)

LCCotter May 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm

well you are too kind sable. thank you. Gotta love the GAP sale racks!! right?

Adri @ FoodieBeFit May 1, 2012 at 9:11 am

I am loving the big three o! I was a little freaked out with the decade turning, but the truth is that I am in such a good place in life and that is what I have to be thankful for. And like JZ says “30 is the new 20s I’m so hot!”. I am really feeling my best these days physically and spiritually. I, on the other hand, didn’t think was going to have kids until later in life, but since all that is really not up to us, I got my two treasures way before the 30s, and they are just so a big part of who I am today. I love this age and would not go back one single day! Happy Bday to the hubs and yes, you are in for a big treat!

LCCotter May 1, 2012 at 11:57 am

oh i love it! to qupte JZ is perfect!

Klh May 1, 2012 at 9:27 am

Gosh I feel so far behind…
I LOVE your outfit! Happy belated 3-0 to Mr JC :)
Ill be hitting that number soon and I can’t lie, I’m a little bummed. But oh well I don’t feel 30 so that’s what counts huh :)
Hugs dear <3

LCCotter May 1, 2012 at 5:20 pm

you’re gonna be even hotter in your 30’s… thats smokin.

Pure2raw twins May 1, 2012 at 8:10 pm

we are both excited about our 30s!! this will be our last year before we reach that milestone ;)

happy belated birthday to your hubby!

LCCotter May 1, 2012 at 9:19 pm

yes, lets make a huge celebration for that!!! ONE BIG PARTY! You in?

Kelly May 2, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Happy Belated Birthday James!!!

LCCotter May 2, 2012 at 9:01 pm

You know where we celebrated, right? MAUDIES!

Michele @ nycrunningmama May 3, 2012 at 10:50 am

FINALLY catching up on blogs again…HAPPY belated birthday to your handsome hubby! He definitely is the lucky one, though – you look GORGEOUS!!! Hope the entire weekend was a great one…and I agree with you – it’s not about the material things that make a birthday or holiday meaningful. I’m learning that more and more the older I get =) xoxo

LCCotter May 3, 2012 at 5:15 pm

oh thank you Michele. I’ll let him know that. hehe.

Kris May 4, 2012 at 8:14 pm

eep, once again I am late to the (birthday) party… rare I find internet time these days, so I’m catching up when I can.

HAPPY *Golden* BIRTHDAY JAMES! and Linds you look beautiful! XXO

LCCotter May 5, 2012 at 12:25 pm

i will pass along the kind wishes to James! hey how’s the house? I miss you. sorry we’ve been so MIA with each other.

LCCotter May 1, 2012 at 7:45 pm

well…… things might not work out for quassy. I know i know!! But we will see each other this year! PROMISE!