Themed Packed Vlog

by LCCotter on February 27, 2012

This whole trip has been about learning how to slow down life, focus on each other and ourselves, and yes of course… TAKING CHANCES!

I can’t say we’ve mastered all these but we sure have LEARNED a lot about how to do them. Life is a lesson in itself, no?

As you read this, we are probably in the midst of our travel up to Taupo. We’ve got a stop in Auckland and Tauranga first. You’d think we’d  both be one big ball of mess with all the hoopla we will be going through before race day, but you know what? I think we kicked that theme to the curb and picked up a new one.

Goes like this…..

228487381064481456_RcsuWbaD_c

And I might be singing this song all day just to keep that theme going.

Winking smile

Speaking of strong, I got the chance to interview one STRONG MAN today. The hometown boy himself (aka the hubs), sits down for a little recap of all things New Zealand.

But first, take a look at where it all began. Almost 12 years ago, his first Ironman debut as an Age grouper. I may be bias but I think he’s pretty talented, eh? Winking smile

o-matic4

Okay, here’s the real interview. Hope you enjoy it and see you in Taupo!!

And that fro, well we had to say goodbye to it yesterday. I was kinda sad but at least he’ll be faster on race day, right? haha.

Have you switched life “themes” lately?

Hope your livin’ a GOOD one!

Cotter Crew

Wendy February 27, 2012 at 1:12 pm

A friend of mine is currently saying “fascination not fear” which I’ve changed to “faith over fear.”

I did a swim yesterday to focusing solely on the word “love” which wound up quite fun til I wasn’t sure where I was at in the sets. Oh well… I loved every moment of it and realized I did just what I needed to do- after I was showered and my brain was a little less chlorinated.

Best of Luck to the hubs and you in your journeys!

LCCotter February 27, 2012 at 3:51 pm

thats a perfect quote. Can i share that with you?!

Michelle {lively kitchen} February 27, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Love this! I look forward to reading all about everything.

I downloaded that Kelly Clarkson song this weekend. It went straight to the top of my workout playlist. :)

LCCotter February 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm

oh heck ya, go rock out to it!

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 27, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Loved the interview – thank you for sharing. And I love that quote.

LCCotter February 27, 2012 at 3:54 pm

will be playing that song and quote in my head ALL week! yes?! hugs.

katie @KatieDid February 27, 2012 at 3:52 pm

best of luck!!! Can’t wait to read about the race.

LCCotter February 27, 2012 at 3:54 pm

thank you Katie. And can’t wait to read about your Kombucha brewing. yahoo!!!!!

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb February 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Love how you interviewed James. So cool…and cute ;)

LCCotter February 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm

he’s a great person to interview. thanks for all your support Heidi. It really MEANS the WORLD!!

janetha February 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm

oh. sad. RIP fro. I secretly wish marsh would cut his…..

LCCotter February 27, 2012 at 4:42 pm

somebody has to keep the fro, let is grow for our sake! hehe.

Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl February 27, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I do miss the fro… hoping the sleekness gives him the little bit of extra competitiveness? Like a swimmer shaves his legs? ;) No doubt, Mr. Cotter will rule IronMan.

jobo February 27, 2012 at 5:33 pm

I LOVE that quote!! it is so ridiculously true, too. I am glad you are enjoying the last days there, and got to interview your stupendous and ridiculously talented husband of yours (and the fro, while cute, is not as cute as the new ‘do imho!). And you, my dear, are the most talented, supportive, loving wife and sherpa there ever was, I’m pretty sure!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail February 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm

GOOD LUCK to your hubby!! Oh the fro—so many of the baseball players my hubby coaches are growing mohawks, mullets and shaggy looks–some can pull it off! 5 days out!! wow!!

Christine (Merf) February 27, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Focus, not multitask!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:09 am

yes, well said friend!

Bonnie February 27, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Love how relaxed James is – the taper really seems like it’s been great for him! 6 days until go time…WOW! Loved that interview and way to go wife for the support and good meals. ;)

Kris | iheartwellness.com February 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm

You guys are so cute!!!!! I love the passion that James has for what he does and how calm he is! I wish him the bestest of luck!!

WOO HOO!!

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense February 27, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Love the interview and the fro ;) Bummer that it had to go!!
Good luck and I LOVE that quote:
Focus on what could go right!!

Klh February 27, 2012 at 6:55 pm

The fro! He will be crazy fast now :)
I’m glad this trip has been a positive one for you both! Enjoy the taper as well Linds!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List February 27, 2012 at 8:04 pm

PRAYING for an amazing, injury free, blessed race!! Rooting for you, James!!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:09 am

means the world to us too! <3

Nichole February 27, 2012 at 8:12 pm

6 days – dang! And you know I love when you interview your Boo, wink wink.

I am So happy to hear his training has gone even better than planned.

Thinking about you guys!!!

Heather @ Better With Veggies February 27, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Okay – this message is EVERYWHERE today and I needed it. I’m going to spend this week focusing on how awesome my marathon is going to go and how I’m going to deal with any obstacle that pops up along the way.

Good luck to James this weekend – and to you for a full, crazy, busy day/week of race sherpa duties!!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:07 am

yea for a new marathon perspective. No pressure at all heather!! i tried to comment but couldn’t get through on your post. Love ya and keep that healthy balance this week!

Laura @ LauraLivesLife February 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I adore the quote and love the article about the hubs! Sending positive thoughts your way and can’t wait to “spectate” with you when you’re back!

natalie February 27, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I like the quote, “depression is living in the past, anxiety is living in the future, mindfulness is living in the now”. We always get too wrapped up in anxiety about our husbands, so I know what you’re going through! Can’t wait to see how he does :0

Rach February 27, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Love his interview! Feel like I got to know you guys (especially him) in this video! :)

Alexandra February 27, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Love the quote and the vlog!! You guys are just the greatest :)

Kristen February 28, 2012 at 12:46 am

That hair is pretty epic…I’m a little sad it had to go…

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:06 am

me too! but trust me, it grows back FAST!!!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 5:31 pm

i was sad too. Luckily it grows back in like a week, haha.

Jess February 28, 2012 at 1:18 am

Aww I love the vlog with the hubs!! Makes me want to meet him and hang out with you guys EVEN MORE! He is such a cool guy, so driven, yet so CALM about it. I don’t know how he does it! LOL. GOOD LUCK on the big race!!!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:09 am

calm and collected cotter. I sure learn from him!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 28, 2012 at 1:27 am

I love that song and yeah, I really do believe it. I hate the hard times while I’m in them, but goodness knows they have taught me how to be a stronger version of myself! Have a safe trip and I’m thinking about you two!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 28, 2012 at 1:34 am

Yay, best of luck!! I think my latest life theme has just been to do more things purely because I enjoy them…and to not worry so much about things I can’t control!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:06 am

keep that theme for life!!!

Bre February 28, 2012 at 1:41 am

I think that you both are talented, amazing, and super strong :)
Found a quote that made me think of you both and the trip to NZ. :)
“Life is not about discovering our talents; it is about pushing our talents to the limit and discovering our genius.”
I’m feeling some genius is happening after your much needed adventure!

Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! February 28, 2012 at 1:55 am

I love the vlog and the Kelley Clarkson song! I will be sending lot of well wishes y’alls way!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:08 am

thank you lauren! sing that song in your head. We’ll be theme twins!

Mamarunsbarefoot February 28, 2012 at 4:12 am

Uh wow.. that’s a good one!!!!! I needed that. I am counting down the days worrying if I’ll make it to the start instead of loving the fact I’m running well right now.

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:08 am

YOU WILL and you’ll BE STRONGER for it! dy by day friend.

Chuck February 28, 2012 at 7:02 am

Nice interview! Good luck James! Let me know when you’re free to do an interview/podcast! Just give me a little bit more a heads up next time lol

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 7:06 am

he’s named last minute cotter for reason, haha. Sorry about that. he wants to do the interview for sure!!

J.L. February 28, 2012 at 8:10 am

Nice interview! Is saying good bye to the ‘fro really that hard? just kidding. Good luck!

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 5:32 pm

fro was hard to part with, but luckily he grows hair in like a day so it will be back. haha.

dorry February 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm

safe travels! I just know James is going to have an awesome race! thinking about y’all everyday.

LCCotter February 28, 2012 at 5:32 pm

thank you thank you!! Miss you and love you. Can’t wait to see you and hug you in person.

Kath (My Funny Little Life) February 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I’m so happy that you had a wonderful time in New Zealand and want to return once a year regularly, and especially that your husband’s training went so well and the knee got better! All fingers are crossed for a good race!

And yes, life is a constant learnin experience. :)

LCCotter February 29, 2012 at 5:16 am

thank you kath. We are learning as life goes, can’t complain. Eh?
xoxo

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning February 28, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Woo hoo! I was finally able to watch this when I got home from work! Your hubby is so gosh darn cute- and I love that hair! It’ll grow back, right? Best wishes to him for race day- truly inspirational I tell ya!

LCCotter February 29, 2012 at 5:14 am

yes, the fro will grow back in like a day. haha. thanks for all your support Lauren! cheers are awesome!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 28, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Love the vlog…the hubs never gave up on his dream and I’m so happy for him! Best of luck in the iron man. Good job for being the ultimate sherpa! :)

Kristabel@RaceReady February 28, 2012 at 11:40 pm

I absolutely have, I just did a post all about how I am changing my routines…it has been really hard but so worth it!

LCCotter February 29, 2012 at 5:15 am

oh wonderful. I will save that post for when i can read it! congrats to you krista!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama February 29, 2012 at 12:20 am

Yes and I’m still in the process of REALLY switching themes to balance everything out. I need to take a “mom” and “balance” theme approach.

LCCotter February 29, 2012 at 5:16 am

and GOD. You know that is key is life. Slow down and let GOD fill you sweet friend. xoxo

Pure2raw twins February 29, 2012 at 2:18 am

wow love that quote!!! life is has switched themes lately, hopefully good, well we are planning on it being good ;)
love the interview – any IRON MAN is amazing in our opinion!! love the vlog!!!

LCCotter February 29, 2012 at 5:13 am

thank you gals!! and you better let me know your theme. I am sure its brilliant! enjoy!

Kris March 1, 2012 at 7:38 pm

it is SO good to hear James himself say things are going great and pain free!! and you KNOW I LOVE THE HAIR!! ;) obviously you had to cut it for streamlining and speed!

“stress free lifestyle” and drinking lots of beer, I can get on board with that.

I am thinking of you both, sending you all kinds of love and positive energy and great speedy vibes for Ironman. <3

LCCotter March 1, 2012 at 7:57 pm

i know, loved the stress free lifestyle too. Maybe we can bring that to Portland. Thank you for all the love Kris. Hope you are well! been thinking about YOU!