Sorry or Not?

by LCCotter on February 23, 2012

oh boy. I’ve been struck. Struck by the taper mode. Yes, we are 10 days from Ironman and the hubs is in full-on taper mode, which means Sherpa is too.

So I’m sorry but I’m not sorry.

I’m sorry I’m lazy with my day and not responding/emailing back right away. But I’m not sorry I’m hanging out, enjoying my last few weeks.

I’m sorry I forgot take pictures of my eats for WIAW (I really am sorry Jen), but I’m not sorry that I got to go check out a local winery instead (more pictures to come)

DSC02969.JPG

I’m sorry I won’t be posting a workout today either, but I’m not sorry that my body is getting rest, much needed rest.

DSC02904.JPG

I’m sorry I won’t be around to post much while we are traveling next week, heck I don’t even know if we will have internet. But I am not sorry that I will give all my attention to the hubs. He needs me, and I like that. Winking smile

And last but not least, I’m sorry I’m not posting healthy gluten free recipes, but I’m not sorry I made these for the hubs and made his DAY!

o-matic

o-matic3DSC02980.JPG

adapted from here.

Kiwi Man’s Yo-Yo’s
Recipe Type: dessert
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Serves: 8-12
Ingredients
  • 175 g butter (i used pure new zealand unsalted butter)
  • ¼ cup icing sugar (similar to powder sugar)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 ½ cups flour (plain or Gluten Free of course)
  • ¼ cup custard powder
  • optional: dash of whole milk or cream**
  • optional: dash od sea salt**
  • Butter Filling
  • 50 g butter , softened
  • ½ cup icing sugar
  • 2 tablespoons custard powder
  • 2 tbsp coconut cream**
  • ** are my additions
Instructions
  1. pre heat oven to 180 degrees C or 375F. First beat your butter and icing sugar until smooth and fluffy. Take a while. Then add in vanilla and optional milk.
  2. Second, slowly combine (or sift) flour and custard powder together, then fold into the creamed mixture while beating. Make sure it’s nice and doughy.
  3. Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with a floured fork and bake for 15-20 minutes. While cookies cool, make filling. Just beat all ingredients together until smooth. When the cookies are cooled, then sandwich together in pairs with butter custard filling.
  4. I let them sit in the fridge for 20 minutes so that the filling can set. THEN EAT!

I’m sorry I made myself sick licking the leftover batter from the bowl, but I’m not sorry cause it was worth it. Well kinda. haha. Winking smile

o-matic6

What are you NOT SORRY for these days? Enlighten me.

Smile with tongue out

Lazy LC

Chuck February 23, 2012 at 6:33 am

Ahhh 10 days! Tell James to read my email : )

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 7:15 am

i think he got, just been off the computer for a bit. I will tell him to respond. ;-)

Lou February 23, 2012 at 7:30 am

I’m not sorry for drinking about a litre of kombucha today. Maybe my bladder is, but I don’t care…. we haven’t been friends since Misty was born anyhow.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 8:09 am

oh i am jealous. your bladder is so lucky to have kombucha. sorry, but uts true. hehe.

Alyse February 23, 2012 at 7:32 am

I’m not sorry that I am going to bed with wet hair. It’ll be funky as all hell tomorrow, but I don’t care.

Making yourself sick from licking batter is just one of the occupational hazards of baking. No way to avoid it, really ;)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 8:11 am

i do that! funky is in, just like bowl licking. funky yet worth it. ;-)

Petra February 23, 2012 at 8:26 am

More and more I’m thinking of letting go of the guilt and the feeling sorry – obviously not when you’ve done something wrong – but for this kind of stuff. YOu’re doing what’s needed right now L – by your husband, by yourself, by your body. No need for being sorry for any of that.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 4:54 pm

i say do it! start fresh! let go of those feelings. we’ll let go together friend. <3

Tara Burner February 23, 2012 at 11:41 am

oh.my.gawd those yo-yo’s look yummmy..pinning recipe
and I’m not sorry that I am who I am :)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 4:58 pm

i’m not sorry that you are who you are and i get the pleasure of “knowing” you.

Lisa February 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

I don’t think you should be sorry at all! Sounds like you’re in a great place and enjoying the rest of your time there!

I’m not sorry that I slacked on work for 3 days so I could spend time with Matthew while he’s on winter break!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 4:59 pm

thats the best reason to be sorry, for time with others. :)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 4:59 pm

did you see maria’s new recipe, quesadillas? WOW!

Tara February 23, 2012 at 12:02 pm

You deserve to be enjoying the taper! You’ve been working hard too!! I’m not sorry I ate a piece of carrot cake before my workout yesterday. The cramp was so worth it, haha! I’m also not sorry that it was supposed to be my sister’s…. no one has to know!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:00 pm

cramp worthy workouts, love it! i won’t tell, promise.

Katie @ Raisins&Apples February 23, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Gosh, those look so good!

I’m not sorry that I go to work with wet hair because of AM spin class

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:29 pm

wet hair is in style these days anyway, right?

katie February 23, 2012 at 12:19 pm

10 days!!!! Wow! So excited for him!

I’m sorry that I want to drink wine at 7 am this morning due to some stress, haha! I’m actually not sorry for that, just for my husband having to deal with a lush ; )

Love you!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm

i’m not sorry that i am lush with you. I hope your husbands day gets better. At least he has YOU!

Gen February 23, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Those yo yo’s look sooooo awesome!!!!! :D Yum!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm

they are good, and now i’m sorry they are all gone. haha.

Bre February 23, 2012 at 12:27 pm

10 days! YEEEEAHHHH BABY! Tell the hubs I can’t wait to cheer for him! Happy tapering- to you and James both ;)
Winery- looks beautiful! :) and yummy…I could go for a barrel…I mean, glass.
Yo yo’s look gooooood! I would have licked the bowl too.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm

oh i sure will! wanna fly down? quick, come!!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

yay for hubby treats! i’m sorry i’m skipping class tomorrow but not sorry that it means i get to hang out with the hubby all day :)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:28 pm

best reason to play hookie right there! no sorries.

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Yes – don’t be sorry for any of those things even if you want to initially say “I’m sorry.” The key is that you’re enjoying right now. So much more important than WIAW, posting workouts, etc. I am not sorry I didn’t blog, tweet, facebook very much when Jess was here. Not sorry one bit.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:01 pm

amen to that! only wish i was there to share in that. tee hee.

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb February 23, 2012 at 1:12 pm

No need to be sorry at all. Enjoy your time!!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:00 pm

you know i will! cheers Heidi!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 23, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Like you I’m not sorry to going out and enjoying the outdoors…gotta go out while the sun is shining and the weather is good :)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:19 pm

oh me too! I’m not sorry the weather man has been wrong and it has been sunny! and i’m not sorry that those almonds i got from you are GONE! hehe.

Susan February 23, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I’m not sorry for paying more attention to myself than school this week…for once!

I always love the positivity in your posts Lindsay. You keep me rollin’.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:19 pm

oh thats a good one, and well deserved NOT SORRY!

Kim K February 23, 2012 at 2:07 pm

this post makes me chuckle LC. i am not sorry to be enjoying some of my favorite people and some of my favorite wine a little too much this week. i deserve it!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:20 pm

me too. When in rome, right? enjoy and enjoy some more!

Jess February 23, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I love it – no need to be sorry, all of those things you list are worth it items, and include some great sherpa-ing to come as well! I’m so excited for your husband’s big day — I think NZ has worked wonders, for both of you. I love that!

I’m not sorry for whining to my husband last night that I wanted to cuddle on the couch and be lazy when he told me he had his nephew’s basketball game to get to after dinner. I’m also not sorry that I chose to stay home to read a book instead.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:21 pm

best NOT SORRY for the soul, right there. I’m not sorry that i am going to listen to you! so thank you for words of encouragement.

Mamarunsbarefoot February 23, 2012 at 2:54 pm

10 days!!! Wow.. Hmm I’ve had a rough couple of days. With the email from a friend then what happened to my son. I’ll get back to you!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm

okay i areally am sorry for you. What happend? Vent!

jobo February 23, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Don’t be sorry! I am glad you aren’t because you are soaking in the last of your time in NZ!!! ENJOY every second :)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:22 pm

okay, i won’t be sorry. But only because you MIGHT be coming to austin, yes?

Cat @ Breakfast to Bed February 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I need those. now.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:23 pm

maybe i can fedex them. hehe.

natalie February 23, 2012 at 3:21 pm

10 days!! How exciting!!Don’t be sorry lady, you know we’ll be here when you get back :)

I’m not sorry that I haven’t blogged much this week – its been crazy busy with amazing productivity and RUNNING!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:18 pm

well you can never be sorry for that and RUNNING! Thank you for your support Natalie. HUGS!

Heather @ Better With Veggies February 23, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Mmmm…that’s my fav part of baking – licking the bowl. Not the healthiest habit, but it sure is delicious!! =)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm

at least there wasn’t any raw egg in there, eh? hehe.

Heather @ Better With Veggies February 23, 2012 at 6:42 pm

One of the benefits of plant-based baking, never any eggs. =)

Shannon February 23, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I’m not sorry that I drank a full pot of coffee (just the usual morning routine…), but I AM sorry that the pot of coffee is now gone.

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:24 pm

REFILL!! maybe decaf this time? xxoo

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Not sorry about the huge $5 frozen yogurt I ate last night along with a beer. (I am sorry I didnt get an even bigger froyo though). It was my first date with my husband since we had our second baby 6 months ago!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:25 pm

you should have gone for a hotel after. hehe. A night away should never be sorry for. Good for ya!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm

You shouldn’t feel sorry for ANY of the above! ENJOY your last few weeks in NZ! This is a special time for you and the Hubbs, and you deserve to savor it. We’ll all be here when you come back, excited to hear about your adventures. :-D

I’m wondering about custard powder! Never seen or heard of it…Do you know if it’s available in US? Is it kind of like gelatin? Licking cookie batter straight from the bowl is so much fun. And yes, completely worth the tummy ache afterwards!

I’m not sorry for taking a full day off from researching yesterday to enjoy the 70 degree weather. Spring has come very early this year in DC!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:26 pm

your hard working brain needs fresh air and warm breeze! good for ya! and the custard powder is in the internation section as the grocery store or at World Market. Get some! so good.

audrey February 23, 2012 at 4:37 pm

go-hubs-go!!!
sending good thoughts to both of you for th big day!!
yahoo! kick it! if someone has the nerve to pass you…make them bleed! go kiwi man go!! yahoooooo!!!!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:27 pm

i gotta pass this along to him! love the kiwi man reference. thanks Audrey!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 23, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Woo hoo! 10 days is so close! I am not sorry that I have been enjoying lots of wine as of late…but at least it isn’t a lot all at once ;).

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:31 pm

good! enjoy it and never be sorry Linz. You know i approve!

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner February 23, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I’m glad you’re NOT sorry.. there is no need to be! Soak up all you can during your last few weeks in NZ and embrace the help and time you’re able to give your hubby!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 5:31 pm

taking your advice right now. Not sorry for that! cheers!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food February 23, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I’m not sorry that I have been running out of work as soon as the clock hits 5 (usually my boss stands around and talks). Lee has been on daylight shift this week so he is at home waiting for me…and I want to get home to spend as much time with him as possible! :-)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm

oh girl, i would be too! maybe even 5 minutes before 5!

teabagginit February 23, 2012 at 6:30 pm

i’m not sorry for taking a mental rest day tonight – this week has been so hard and i’m battling burnout. tonight, the only mental energy i plan to exert is on watching modern family!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm

oh i am so sorry friend. Wish i could come give you mental rest. Veg out, Snuggle up, & relax.

janetha February 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Those yo yos look like heaven. I am in a cookie mood lately and can’t stop! And I am not sorry about it! Also, I have been really bad at replying to emails, too, but I am sick. That’s my excuse and I am sticking to it. Also, have not worked out at all lately. Oh well! Life goes on! Love you!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:00 pm

i think you need a yo-yo to make you feel better. WIsh i could send one over with some coffee. Sorry you are sick. Did you get LIndsay sick too? hehe, jk. I know randy and penny are loving snuggle time though. Love you!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail February 23, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I’ve been thinking about you and wondering how you health is. I know you aren’t running right now–are you feeling well? GOOD LUCK TO YOUR HUBBY as the IM approaches!!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:44 pm

oh well i definitely not stressed, but the body is not healed. Long story, we’ll have to email that. ;-)

Tina @ Best Body Fitness February 23, 2012 at 7:47 pm

all definitely things to NOT be sorry about. And never be sorry for making delicious treats. mmmmmm!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:45 pm

no way, especially when they are made with LOVE!! How are YOU friend? I’ve been thinking about you and all the things going on in your world. Feel free to email me with prayers. xoxo

Kris February 23, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I have been waiting for this recipe… can’t wait to try it!

thinking of you guys, I will send good vibes and positive energy on the appropriate day (now that you are almost home I finally remember you are a day ahead…) :D

enjoy Enjoy ENJOY!! XO

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:46 pm

you’ll do it 10x better and vegan style, thats why I LOVE YOU!! can’t wait to see your version. Thank you for all the positive energy. I hope you save some for you too!

Allie February 23, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Love this post! I’m glad you’re not sorry ;). I’m sorry I’m not doing homework but I’m not sorry I’m reading blogs instead ;]

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:47 pm

i’m not sorry that you are skippin on homework. hehe, my approval!

The Hippie Health Nut February 23, 2012 at 8:45 pm

HAHA! Love the post and a tummy ache is totally worth licking the bowl every now and then. :)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:48 pm

yes, and now i have had my fix. ughhhh, no more licking the bowl for a while.

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com February 23, 2012 at 9:09 pm

AHHHH GOOD LUCK JAMES and GOOD LUCK TO YOU LINDSAY…your job takes just as much work:) Those yo-yos look amazing! Have an amazing time traveling and I love ya!

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:48 pm

oh thank you J! It means a lot to have your support. You know how tapering can be….stir crazy at times but good! hehe.

Klh February 23, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Dont be sorry ;)
Glad you’re taking you time <3

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:49 pm

although i kinda dig that kentucky sky today, wish i had TIME there. <3

lauren @ wwob February 23, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Enjoy the taper fully and completely! It will be nice to have the extra time and the extra energy :)

LCCotter February 23, 2012 at 11:49 pm

yes, we need that extra energy for sure. storing it up for race day! wahoo! you going home for spring break??

She Rocks Fitness February 24, 2012 at 12:17 am

You crack me up and there is no way I’m making those Yo-Yo’s, so feel free to send to me, when you are back in the states! ;) I’m not sorry for being “not myself” this month. It happens and I’m just letting it take its course, cause we can’t be chipper all the time! XOXO

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 12:57 am

i will make you some and serve them after wine. How’s that? come to austin!!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 24, 2012 at 12:22 am

I am trying to get past the saying I’m sorry for things I’m not really sorry for. I will be unplugging this weekend and I am seriously not sorry for that! I am DEFINITELY NOT SORRY I will be making these soon! I need to have them!

I miss you! I hope you guys are doing well and I am thinking about you both!

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 12:59 am

you have nothing to be sorry about. You work hard, are beautiful, and deserve every ounce of down time and disconnect. I hope get, no I know YOU WILL!

Lindsay February 24, 2012 at 3:03 am

Hahaha. I would never be sorry for licking a bowl full of batter clean. These days, I’m not sorry for running not being the 100% only thing I care about in my life. Im not sorry because worrying about racing and all makes me a nervous mess!

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:17 am

yes, instead lets enjoy running for fun, for pleasure, for a release, yes?!

Colleen February 24, 2012 at 3:31 am

Ahhh – taper is the worst and best part of training! :) Sending you both some love!

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:16 am

i know, stir crazy yet so tired. ha! We’re finding things to do.

Amanda@Runninghood February 24, 2012 at 4:55 am

I’m sorry that I’ve been an awful blog reader and commenter and missed so many of your posts! But I’m not sorry that by being a bad blog reader I’ve been a much better mom to my kiddos that need me. :)

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:15 am

AMANDA!!! I am not sorry that you’ve been a bad blogger because being a good mom and wife is WAY more important! I love that about you and admire you more for it. So cheers to bad blog readers!

Nicole February 24, 2012 at 5:03 am

Girl, I know all about taking blogging breaks so you know I won’t be giving you a hard time for taking one! Enjoy your last few weeks and your time taking care of your man : ) I wish you guys all the best and great success in the upcoming race.

Big hugs and prayers,
Nicole

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:14 am

nicole, i can always count on you for support and prayers! thank you.

Sean February 24, 2012 at 6:37 am

heh those Kiwi Man’s Yo-Yo’s look delicious!

Top link to “the hubs” is causing a 404. Need to add a http:// before link. no need to be sorry :)

Have a great IronMan

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:40 am

thank you sean, your way ahead of me here. So thank you, i’m not sorry, i’m thankful, for YOU! cheers.

STUFT mama February 24, 2012 at 7:25 am

Oh the yo-yo’s. They look delicious. So glad you’re getting rest. :) I’m not sorry I sat outside with my boys today instead of trying to work while they played by themselves. We had the best day. I’m also not sorry that I’m watching The Biggest Loser instead of writing a post. Hugs to you!!!! Give that cute hubby of yours all the attention he needs. :)

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm

i’m not sorry for that either and I bet your boys aren’t. xoxo

Kristen February 24, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Good luck to James! I hope the taper goes well and that he doesn’t get the taper crazies!

I’m NOT sorry that I scheduled a hair cut instead of a workout for Saturday morning. My hair needs it!

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

oh that reminds me, i need a haircut bad! enjoy the beautifying!!!

dorry February 24, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Linds! these look amazing. you are quite the Kiwi chef these days. I hope you are enjoying your last weeks over there. sending positivity and prayers for James’ upcoming race. he is ready for this because of his hard work and YOUR hard work and support, too. what a team. :)

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

thank you thank you friend! i plan on calling you to personally catch up today. k?

Jill February 24, 2012 at 3:02 pm

mmmm those peanut butter cookies look delicious!
It’s so good for the mind body and soul to just do what it needs/feels in the moment. More people should listen!

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 5:48 pm

no peanutbutter in those cookies, just butter and sugar. hehe, still good though. xoxo

Laura @ LauraLivesLife February 24, 2012 at 7:02 pm

I’m NOT sorry that I have no plans to do anything productive other than work for the next three days. No homework here. It’s called Spring Break for a reason, and I’m taking it!

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 11:50 pm

yes m’am!!!!!! enjoy every second.

Tiff February 24, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Batter is always worth it! haha I’m not sorry I haven’t worked out this week. It’s supposed to be a restful week for me too, and it’s making me really anxious to get back in the gym bright & early Monday morning.

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 11:47 pm

monday you will feel like superwoman!! good for you Tiff.

Stefanie @TheNewHealthy February 24, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I’m sorry I’m not sorry for going back for seconds of my Mom’s delicious birthday cake last night. Come on, it’s cake. :)

LCCotter February 24, 2012 at 11:45 pm

oh hell ya. no sorry’s there!!

Liz February 26, 2012 at 4:29 am

No need to apologize for yummy recipes :) Those sound so good, worth a trip to NZ on their own ;)

LCCotter February 26, 2012 at 7:35 pm

oh they were. I bet you could make them even more splendid!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness February 26, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Awww…this is such a sweet, heart-warming positive post, Linday, I LOVE it! :-) I hope you have a wonderful time with your main man this week, spending that time together, in Kiwi land. :-) So wonderful! <3 xyx