So I’m sorry but I’m not sorry.
I’m sorry I’m lazy with my day and not responding/emailing back right away. But I’m not sorry I’m hanging out, enjoying my last few weeks.
I’m sorry I won’t be posting a workout today either, but I’m not sorry that my body is getting rest, much needed rest.
I’m sorry I won’t be around to post much while we are traveling next week, heck I don’t even know if we will have internet. But I am not sorry that I will give all my attention to the hubs. He needs me, and I like that.
And last but not least, I’m sorry I’m not posting healthy gluten free recipes, but I’m not sorry I made these for the hubs and made his DAY!
adapted from here.
- 175 g butter (i used pure new zealand unsalted butter)
- ¼ cup icing sugar (similar to powder sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour (plain or Gluten Free of course)
- ¼ cup custard powder
- optional: dash of whole milk or cream**
- optional: dash od sea salt**
- Butter Filling
- 50 g butter , softened
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 2 tbsp coconut cream**
- ** are my additions
- pre heat oven to 180 degrees C or 375F. First beat your butter and icing sugar until smooth and fluffy. Take a while. Then add in vanilla and optional milk.
- Second, slowly combine (or sift) flour and custard powder together, then fold into the creamed mixture while beating. Make sure it's nice and doughy.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with a floured fork and bake for 15-20 minutes. While cookies cool, make filling. Just beat all ingredients together until smooth. When the cookies are cooled, then sandwich together in pairs with butter custard filling.
- I let them sit in the fridge for 20 minutes so that the filling can set. THEN EAT!
What are you NOT SORRY for these days? Enlighten me.