Finding Time for Time

by lindsay cotter on February 17, 2012

G’day there. Hope your Friday is going well. It’s almost Saturday here in New Zealand and I full intend to keep that CHECKLIST going through the weekend.

You see, even though my New Zealand check list is pretty much complete, I still want to embrace EVERY moment left. I know, sounds corny but it’s true. I want to MAKE TIME for TIME.

I want to MAKE TIME to enjoy the sunshine, walk to the market, bake for my family, sit in the park and read, talk to my husband, and so on and so on.

I want to MAKE TIME to disconnect from the world. Why? Because it’s where life slows down. And I want to slow down these last few weeks. Slow and steady wins the race, yes? Winking smile

So as we finish our journey, I might not be as “connected” but I will still be “connecting.” Connecting with myself, my oh so corny self.

Cheers to walks in the park and sun rays on my back!

DSC02939.JPGDSC02942.JPGDSC02944.JPGDSC02946.JPGDSC02945.JPGo-matic

Oh, and of course I couldn’t post a Fit Friday without a 30 minute workout.

FLOW-1

It’s 30-40 minutes of your time, and yes, it’s TIMED!!!

Capture

You might be reading this Friday morning or Friday evening or whenever, but when you do, STOP. Stop for a moment and take time.

Free time, your time, or just plain QAULITY time.

Are you making TIME for TIME this weekend? Hope so!

Keep Lindsay and her family in your thoughts and prayers. A family loss is never easy. Sending our love to you Linz.

Katie @ Raisins&Apples February 17, 2012 at 10:38 am

I’m a fan of any workout with pushups…it’s actually starting to get a little ridiculous!

I have ZERO plans other than spin on Saturday…can’t wait to see what I stumble upon :)

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:26 pm

perfect!! enjoy doing whatever your heart desires! xxoo

Miz February 17, 2012 at 10:46 am

I AM.

family family family.

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:27 pm

ahhh, i miss my family. so enjoy yours for me, k?

Christine (Merf) February 17, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I’m going to make time for time this weekend. I’m traveling next week so want to spend as much of my weekend as possible connecting with my family.

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:28 pm

oh good. Snuggle up to that little one of yours.

katie February 17, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I’m making time for my husband, son, and packing this weekend!!!

Enjoy the time you have left there love! <3

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:28 pm

you always do, and i love that! Great inspiration for us all.

Gen February 17, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Whew! One more tough workout to bookmark!! :D
We’re definitely going to take some time off this weekend….it is Carnaval, and since things can get crazy, the whole family is holing up in the apartment for the next 6 days or so….

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:30 pm

carnaval is already this weekend? Crazy fun!! Enjoy.

Lou February 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I’m laughing at the name “prisoner squats.” They sound hideous ;)

Totally relish + enjoy the rest of your time in NZ… before you know it, you’ll be back in the US, crazy busy and this will be but a distant memory… argh time just keeps getting faster and faster I reckon.

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:31 pm

i know, don’t remind me of the craziness. I might petition. hehe. Gonna soak up the time, wish you and misty were here.

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Love these posts lately – NZ agrees with you so much. Love the easy going attitude, the refocus on the little things. Inspiring, thank you.

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:31 pm

i think Jess needs to steal you away this weekend and you both come here iNSTEAD!

Healthiful Balance February 17, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I love taking walks when its nice out. It’s so relaxing!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:32 pm

its very therapuetic too. :P

Tara February 17, 2012 at 2:52 pm

It kinda stinks how we have to make time just to enjoy things. I don’t do it enough. OR if I don’t make time specifically to enjoy something, I won’t enjoy it as much because I’ll be too distracted by other things. This weekend I’m in Montreal and I’m taking this time to just RELAX. I’ve felt so stressed out at home lately and not worrying about anything is just so nice!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Oh i love MOntreal. It’s GORGEOUS! Take it all in, take the TIME to just see and do. Love that Tara.

Alexandra February 17, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I need to work in this– making time for fun is SO necessary! I think we get so caught up in to do’s and work that we fail to just stop and enjoy what’s around us :) Love the sunshine pictures, hope your weekend is marvelous!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm

like tara said, we get so distracted if we don’t make time for enjoyment. Sad but true. SO lets change that. Enjoy TIME this weekend friend.

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense February 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Love the thought of making time for time. So true. It’s easy to get busy and forget to enjoy the simple things and pretty soon the whole day has gone by!!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:34 pm

in a blink of an eye, yes, the day just goes. Hope you get to take time with your family this weekend Lisa.

misszippy February 17, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Time to unplug is SO important! That said, I never do a good job of it. The one big exception is a place we go on vacation in the summer where there’s no electricity, no cell coverage, no connectivity of any sort. And you’re so right–time slows down and I get to really connect with my family.

Enjoy your unplugged time!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:34 pm

maybe NOW is the TIME! Desert time, healing time, YOU time. xxoo

Mamarunsbarefoot February 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Make time to disconnect.. that’s a good one! I’d have to have one of the kids hide my phone

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:35 pm

i’ll come hide your phone and take you away for TIME. ;-)

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 17, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Love that you’re going to make time for connecting and not just being connected! And seriously, that workout sounds intense. 1 minute of pull-ups?? So hard!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:36 pm

okay, i cheated, i did assisted pull ups. But still hard. Eh?

Hope you are loving on family right now linz.

Amanda Perry @ Sistas of Strength February 17, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Awesome! It’s so easy to forget to just disconnect from the rest of the world and spend time in the moment with the ones you love!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:36 pm

yes, and lets hope those moments turn into HOURS!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning February 17, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I try to make time – at least once a week – for a long soak in the tub (filled with bubbles). I’ll read sometimes or just zone out, but it’s always worth it. My little oasis. :)

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm

oh nice Lauren. That sounds like a GOOD time! Zone out, relax, just soak.

Jess February 17, 2012 at 3:59 pm

love, love, love this – this is exactly what I’ve been trying to do more of: connecting vs. being connected.

I plan to do lots of disconnecting and lots of re-connecting this weekend/early next week while in Little Rock with the one and only Heather. Whee!!! :)

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm

you know you are my inspiration for this. And now i am completely jealous of your TIME with HEATHER. Not gonna lie. but enjoy it friend!

jobo February 17, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Make time. Sounds so simple, yet it is so hard sometimes. It’s about stopping and resetting and determining the priority for the day, the hour, the minute. I need to stop and make time far more often. I am working on it! enjoy your weekend!!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:38 pm

yep, we are blackberry aholics, yes? Hey so you come to NZ while Jess goes to Little Rock, deal?

janae@hungryrunnergirl.com February 17, 2012 at 5:50 pm

I would LOVE to go on walks with you in the park! So beautiful! I think it is so important to disconnect every now and then…I just need to be better at it. PS I decided to try the On shoes because YOU DID..I want to be just like you:)

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm

oh i want to be like you so this makes me giddy! hehe. How about a walk in the park, ice cream, and warm weather in NZ? You’ve got time to fly down!!
xoxo

Rachelle February 17, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Gorgeous pictures….soak all the sunshine in you can in these last few weeks. I am living in the moment and taking time to enjoy time with family and time just talking with friends. Cherishing the moments. :)

Have an amazing weekend.

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm

you do that so well too. I love seeing ALL YOUR FAMILY pics. Embrace those hugs!

Lisa February 17, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Enjoy your surroundings and being un-connected!

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm

i hope you get to as well Lisa. BTW, love hearing about all the changes in your diet and that perspective!

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm

yay for a pinnable workout! def trying this one :)

LCCotter February 17, 2012 at 6:41 pm

oh goodie! and let me know if like it linz!

Laura @ LauraLivesLife February 17, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I can’t take any “time!” I’ve got a thesis to write!
Or, at least that’s what my brain is telling me! However, I think my body is telling me that I need one – which is probably why I’m still so sick.

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 1:28 am

girly get some TIME in bed, recovering. You need it, you deserve some comfort.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 17, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Gosh it’s beautiful there! We are going to a museum tomorrow and had wanted to go on a hike, but it is supposed to rain all weekend. Sadly, it’s beautiful today and I had to work…oh well, at least we will all be getting out for awhile tomorrow! Enjoy your day Lindsay!

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 1:32 am

i love muesum’s! you all have so much fun on the weekends. Keep it up! I can’t wait fo visit.

Hope work goes by fast!

She Rocks Fitness February 17, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I’m making time for ME this weekend. After this evening, I’m disconnecting, because I need to and want to. It can wait until Sunday evening. With that being said, I’m off to my 2nd yoga class of the day, because today is about ME! XOXO

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 1:32 am

yoga yoga bliss! i love that about you. ENJOY it along with some WINE TIME later, right?

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Yep i’ll definitely be making time for time this weekend. Disconnect myself from technology and get out amongst nature. It’s going to be bliss!

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 1:33 am

is the weather finally good there? It finally is here! TIME TO PLAY!

Rach February 17, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Gorgeous shots.

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 1:33 am

thank you rach! happy friday to you!

STUFT mama February 18, 2012 at 1:01 am

Okay, really, it’s like you read my mind and my needs. I need to make time for time. It’s been way too long since I just appreciated time and sunshine. :) Hope you enjoy and appreciate every single second you have left in NZ. Great workout too!!!

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 1:27 am

i do read your mind, its my gift! haha. i just think we “think” alike. Except when i am supposed to email you back! EEK! i will, promise.

Pure2raw twins February 18, 2012 at 1:24 am

you are not corny! just real and speaking the words we need to hear! we too need to slow down and re-connect with ourselves. being happy with yourself is so important and taking care of oneself too! enjoy those moments, those walks, all the sun :) you deserve it!

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 1:34 am

and you both deserve TIME away too! Take this weekend and SLOW down life. Wish i could with you.

Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! February 18, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Thank you for the wonderful reminder to take time to enjoy the little things! Sometimes I need to remember to stop and smell the roses! :)

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 5:02 pm

oh i think we all need that reminder, so cheers to time friend!

Cara Craves... February 18, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Making time for my family…and fittingly enough, it’s Family Day this coming Monday in Ontario, which is now a statutory holiday! Yeah for long weekends.

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 7:07 pm

no way, so cool! Enjoy family day and all that extra TIME!!

Kelly @ Laughter, Strength, and Food February 18, 2012 at 6:47 pm

My bf took off work today, so we are just going to hang out together and then meet up with some friends later. I have been so crazy with work, I am taking this weekend to unwind and de-stress. I figure that the house cleaning can wait. My sanity is more important! :)

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 7:07 pm

Sanity beats clean house anyday!! Enjoy friend.

teabagginit February 18, 2012 at 9:31 pm

i took time for me this weekend! it was great to turn the computer off and totally veg out – a much needed break from stimulus and an overflowing inbox!
i also took time for healthy bites – verdict: delicious!

LCCotter February 18, 2012 at 11:30 pm

oh yea for baking, disconnect, and healthy bites!! SO happy for you T. WHich flavor did you make?

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 19, 2012 at 7:13 am

Wow, again, this post is so timely! (pun totally unintended!). You have a beautiful way of tapping into my vulnerable spots just when they need tapping into. :-) The past few weeks have been a bit crazy, and I feel as though I’ve been running around, checking things off my to-do list in a methodical way without taking time to enjoy what I’m doing. There’s so much joy to be found in simple, everyday life activities, but I often forget to take the time to savor it! Little reminders like this help set me back “on track.” :-D

I can’t believe you only have a few weeks left in New Zealand! Wow, how time flies! Will you be bringing back a stash of Vegemite/Marmite to the States? ;) xoxo

LCCotter February 19, 2012 at 7:48 am

sara!!! i wish i could capture you up and bring you here for some rest and relaxation. But instead, i will send good vibes and lots of prayer friend. and yes, i will shipping a ton of vegemite back to the states. Want some!?

Susan February 19, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Lovely post, Lindsay. I always try to “make time for time” because my introverted self NEEDS it. Otherwise I feel drained, physically and emotionally. I guess I’m talking about time spent by myself, but one thing I need to work on is making that time spent on my own less “productive”, if that makes sense. That’s actually a horrible word choice on my part, since productivity for the spirit involves less chores, assignments, etc. Goes to show I’m still working on it!

Happy Sunday!

LCCotter February 19, 2012 at 4:47 pm

we are very similar in that aspect susan. i need my time to recharge. I thrive on solitude. But we also need that time to make that spirit productive by doing less “things” and more time just “being.” Yes?

Shannon February 19, 2012 at 3:59 pm

yes, trying to take time for the weekend as well as the work i need to get done for tuesday… so far the weekend is winning ;)

LCCotter February 19, 2012 at 4:48 pm

i think it might be a last minute work thing this sunday, hehe. Enjoy some shannon time!!