30 minute Thursday: 10’s and Pins

by LCCotter on February 9, 2012

So guess what? I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to create a picture for my workout. Why? So that I could finally PIN it!! Thank you Facebook for being way better than Google today.

FB

See, I did it!! Screen shot and all. I know, I am a bit behind the times here. Oh, and I also figured out that I want a MacBook!

So excuse me for a minute while I insert a another random picture from my screen shot. Just for the heck of it.

Yes, I actually look at this each day. We had 3 this morning. Shaky night!

Quakes

Yes, Christchurch and Lyttleton (above) are basically the same area. Lyttleton is the harbor area. Poor harbor town has gotten the worst of the quakes. I took pictures there the other day. But thankfully most homes still remain nestled in the hills. See….

o-matic

If you have a random’s section for Pinterest, then PIN away! just kidding.

Sheesh, when did this whole pinterest thing take over my life? Oh ya, when I first got invited. I blame JEN for that. haha.

Alright, enough about pinning. Wanna do a workout? How about a 30 minute Thursday as it’s finest! I call this my 10’s workout, and it just so happens to rhyme with PIN. Winking smile

10's

Okay enough, really. No more pin talk. Go workout!

one last thing…. guess what I finished? Here’s a sneak peak….

Capture

Now I just gotta figure out how to load it onto wordpress. Technology overload here.

Hmmmm, maybe I should rename this post Thursday Randomness.

What Randoms have you done today?

I’m thinking about doing a Q&A post about our life in New Zealand. You sick of hearing about New Zealand yet? If not, ask away! Smile with tongue out

Lou February 9, 2012 at 8:30 am

Hooray for Healthy Bites Ebook!!! Can’t wait! Can let me know about the technology side of Ebooking, pretty please?? I’m writing a severe allergy one at the moment. Recipes I can do, technology, hmmmmm?

Oh Lyttleton is my FAV… Banks Peninsula rocks my world.

I love seeing NZ through your eyes x

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:44 pm

oh yay for your ebook! and as soon as i figure out mine, i’ll help you! promise. hehe.

katie February 9, 2012 at 11:43 am

How exciting with the e-book girl! YAY!

I am not good at any technology stuff! I am glad twitter friends could help you out!

Happy day to you love! <3

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm

i know, thank goodness for friends who do know techonology. haha. Happy Thursday to YOU!

Gen February 9, 2012 at 11:58 am

whohoo!! looks like a great workout! hope the rest of your week goes well!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:53 pm

so good and heart pumpin!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) February 9, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I am not even on pinterest. That’s how behind I am. I don’t know if my brain can handle more information right now. I totally doing this workout though! Looks like a great one. I can’t believe you have your first book together! I love that you have such great focus there. I feel like I need to come there too! Maybe that’s where my focus has gone?

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:41 pm

i feel like it should have taken a lot less time to make (the ebook that is) but i am at a slow pace here. haha. and just keep focusing on you, no need for pinterest until you are ready. I love that about you sarena!! COme here, really!

Paige @ Running Around Normal February 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

That’s awesome!!! Congrats :)
Looking forward to seeing more pin-able workouts from you, lady!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:44 pm

and it only took me 3 months to figure out! haha, jk. well kinda.

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean February 9, 2012 at 12:49 pm

omg ok #1- SO glad you figured it out so i can pin your awesome workouts! #2- eeeeee! can’t wait to read :)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:54 pm

you were my PIN inspiration. YEA!

Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife February 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm

No way am I tired of hearing about New Zealand!!! My question is: What have you noticed is/are the biggest cultural differences between Americans and Kiwis?

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:56 pm

oh gosh, the quality of life. NO one walks around with their phone looking down, always texting. THey take 2 hour lunch breaks, and the pace is SLOW but QUALITY! The food is fresh and always local of course. It’s just refreshing!

Sarah @ The Healthy Diva February 9, 2012 at 1:15 pm

ooooo so excited for your ebook! I’m a total pinterest fan as well…just followed ur boards. Random things I’ve been loving lately: white tea to change up from normal green and monster green smoothies for breakfast. Gets ur engine revving. Yes i would be very interested to hear more about NZ. Btw does everyone say ‘cuz’ alot? I’ve heard it’s about as common as ‘sweet as’

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:57 pm

white tea! love it. Good random add in. And i haven’t heard cuz a lot, at least i don’t think. But i have a hard time understanding anyway. haha.

Katie February 9, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Get a MacBook! I’m a dedicated Mac snob and damn proud of it! You’ll love it. So much easier to use than a PC. And I am NOT technologically inclined at all.

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm

ok, i am saving up! Macbook twin!

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb February 9, 2012 at 1:37 pm

I’m all for a NZ Q & A. Do it!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm

k, then make sure to ask away. pretty please. And how are you enjoying that Trilogy? hehe.

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb February 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Love, love, love. Heading up to Cleveland this weekend for a Run For Sherry and I’m going to try and stock up again. Gotta take advantage of the moment.

PS I about shit (sorry) myself when I realized Hillary Biscay posted immediately below me. Ahhhhh!! And with that my mind is too boggled to ask a question…right now =)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm

haha, hillary is a friend of ours. She is a great! hope you read her blog. and best of luck this weekend. Run for Sherry YEA!!!

hillary biscay February 9, 2012 at 1:47 pm

A book of bites–yessss!!! So excited.
My questions are:
What is your favorite coffee shop there in the ChCh and surrounding area?
And favorite long run/hike route??

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

oh i bet you can answer all these questions for me! so many coffee shops that i adore. I want to take them all back to the states with me. We frequent coffee culture a lot though. THe one in meriville.

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 9, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I’m trying my hand at the pinning thing too. Love pinterest but blogger doesn’t want to play as nicely with the pinterest gadget. Mmmmmm book of bites – does it come with samples ;-)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:00 pm

haha, i know. we need a pinterest help group. ANd the book, samples might happen if you come visit!

Jess February 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I LOVE the book of bites!! Can’t wait to see it all!!

I’m also with you – pinterest is tricky to figure out isn’t it? At least for us technically challenged folk ;-)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm

i know, we need a techonology retreat. wanna go?! haha.

jobo February 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Yay pinterest! I am now following ;-) Book of bites…um, yum. I am drooling. Def do the Q&A!!!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I miss sending you bites. SOon though, right? i love how you support me. thank you!!!!

Lauren @ Oatmeal after Spinning February 9, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I totally underuse Pinterest. Mostly because it’s blocked at my work, and that’s when I’m usually at the computer! I always think it’s funny when i look at my blog stats and see all of these things that people pinned from my pictures. It just makes me laugh.
Oh, and BTW- I LOVE my Macbook. I’d never buy any other laptop!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm

it is fun but addicting. Okay, so i am all about the macbook now. gonna save up! xoxo

Christine @ Merf In Progress February 9, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I didn’t bring my gym stuff today, so I’m planning to do a little in-office workout at some point, just for a break. I’m going to try some of the things from your post. I can’t break a sweat though, in my pretty clothes. :)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm

good!! report back, k? pleeeeease.

Lisa February 9, 2012 at 3:25 pm

You learn something new everyday :-)
Looks like a great workout!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:02 pm

we do learn something new. LIke HOW GOOD bone broth is. I stocked up. thanks for the inspiration there.

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 9, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Pretty photos!

OK I have no freaking idea what you guys are talking about. I apparently signed up for pinterest (didn’t know it was such an elite club that you need to be invited!), was invited, I guess I set up an account because a few people follow me, but I have NO idea how to get into it again. Not that I have time to sit on pinterest if I can’t even read blogs lol.

Looks like another good workout, Linds.

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:04 pm

ya, the whole social media thing is a bit overwhelming, isn’t it? I bet JG can explain everything a lot better than i can. SHe’s a pro! Think you’ll try this workout? if so, let me know if you add anything. I like your style.
;)

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 9, 2012 at 11:09 pm

It looks pretty complete and I love your idea of multitasking with the squat curls. Running with that theme perhaps you could do an even more intense set if you were feeling extra perky with the overhead presses if you added a split lunge or alt lunge?? Otherwise, I’d leave it exactly as is! i’ll do this workout when I’m done with my current program- believe it or not I’m TRYING live fit temporarily anyway… until the travels pick up again and make it impossible- we’ll see- I’m not used to doing zERO cardio and it’s freaking me out! I haven’t sweated in a week!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) February 9, 2012 at 3:48 pm

PS I’m assuming that you are talking about getting some text to be pinnable right? Because I’ve had photos lifted off my blog from pinterest so I’m guessing that photos are easy, ,right???

josie @ happycorredora.com February 9, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I am pretty technologically challenged too…. but I do have a macbook :)

Definitely post about NZ… I always tell people there are more sheep there than people ;) Plus they say fish and chups… haha… all in good fun :)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:05 pm

LOL!! We were just talking about the sheep! we are out numbered here. so what would you want to know about NZ?

natalie February 9, 2012 at 4:49 pm

love your randomness! can’t wait to hear about the new Bites :)

my random for the day? i ran out of almond milk and had to use regular milk. i know, i’m going crazy here, aren’t i?? hehe :)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:05 pm

oh now, time to make your own almond milk. Cause you have all the free time in the world, yes? JK!

teabagginit February 9, 2012 at 6:12 pm

holy smokes – i can’t wait to see that book! :) hmmm…. my randoms include random eats (popcorn at 9am and cereal at 9pm!) :)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:48 pm

you were my little push i needed to finish the book. so thank you for the nudge. And now i want popcorn…mmm…popcorn PB marmite balls. IDEA!

rachelle February 9, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Definitely not sick of hearing about New Zealand. Love it!! I have no idea how to work any technology. Complete idiot here. ;)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 6:48 pm

you are not an idiot. You are just simple and I LOVE that about you!

Laura @ LauraLivesLife February 9, 2012 at 8:05 pm

I decided I wanted to write an eBook on Sunday, but then realized I didn’t have time PLUS people who also have to want to read what I have to say, and I’m not convinced I’m there yet. HOWEVER, I’m excited to read your eBook as soon as you get it all figured out!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm

i’d love to read your ebook!! go for it. really!

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family February 9, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I am not even on pinterest so you are way ahead of me. I don’t have time in my life for something else that sucks me in and I heard pinterest is soo addicting!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 10:56 pm

youre a mom, youre busy enough and pinterest will suck you in! haha, but i love it.

STUFT mama February 9, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Great workout. I’m so technologically challenged it’s not even funny. I can’t even get those little pin buttons on my posts. Ha. Never sick of hearing about New Zealand life. :)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 10:57 pm

you blog is so tech savy!! how are you challenged.? Teach me your ways!!

Tracy @ Commit to Fit February 9, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Thanks so much for this, what a great idea! I never would have thought of doing that. It is just a day of learning for me. :)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 11:02 pm

you need to with your circuits for sure! i want to pin them

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail February 9, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I really like this idea Lindsay and was told I should do the same. Can I follow suite?! :)

I have a new found love for the rowing machine–its a killer!

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Yes, do it! and yes, rowing machine LOVE!! GOsh i wish we lived in the same city. workout buddy!

J.L. February 9, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Yay for the randomness. And you’ve totally got me beat for the technology thing. I’d love a macBook too. And I do believe a MacBook would help your husband be a better racer. Because ultimately, you’d be more productive on the technology front and that would leave more time for you to plan his nutrition and help him in general. Think about it. A win, win situation :-0 Can’t wait for the ebook (although I’ve never done anything with an ebook before)

LCCotter February 9, 2012 at 11:02 pm

oh, i like that idea! i will tell him he must get mac as a sponsor. haha.

Meg February 9, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Oh you SO want a macbook. You’ll never, NEVER look back! :D

Good luck with technology. Lord knows I’m hopeless.

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 12:13 am

okay, so now i just need to save $$. then i will never look back! hehe.

Meg February 10, 2012 at 12:38 am

p.s. I fixed the link problem on my post!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health February 10, 2012 at 12:37 am

Yay for learning new stuff on the computer! That workout looks awesome. And if you get a macbook, you will love it! They are amazing :D

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 4:06 am

i know, but then i have to learn the whole macbook thing, right? haha. I bet its worth it.

Tara February 10, 2012 at 1:43 am

I can’t wait to see the ebook!! That’s awesome!! Figuring out how to do anything with blogs feels like math class to me. It’s just so darn confusing!!

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 4:05 am

they need a class that teaches us all about blogging and technology, yes? and we all need to take it together. FUN!

Bre February 10, 2012 at 2:22 am

BOOOOOK OOOOOOFFFFF BITESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
love it. love love love it!

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 4:06 am

so its about 13 recipes and i was gonna sell it for cheap. DO you think people will still buy it? Honest!

dorry February 10, 2012 at 4:03 am

yay! so glad you finished your healthy bites book! proud of you, my friend, and all that you do. xo

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 4:07 am

i had to break it up into 2 sections. You know me, so bad at writing and technology. And now i have no idea how to put it up with paypal on my computer. haha. ANy ideas?

miss you!

Bonnie February 10, 2012 at 4:37 am

So many things to say! First off, I haven’t been commenting all week…but I’ve been reading! And I LOVED your recent sherpa video. Also, yesterday’s “sweet as” post was awesome – love the saying! Lastly, congrats on the cookbook! Good workout too…I’ll have to try that one sometime (or pin it – whichever comes first). ;) I miss you! And appreciate who you are. Have a wonderful start to the weekend, my friend!

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 6:35 am

oh i have missed you but so glad you are living life and embracing that challenge. How’s the cold? are you ready for some TX sun??

Miz February 10, 2012 at 10:29 am

ok SO
as soon as youre back I need you to tell me WHY I NEED TO LOVE PINTEREST and show me how :)

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm

it’s good and bad. I could get really into it but i’m not sure i want to invest more life sucking time. haha. But yes, i think you will like it and manage it well.
I will show you for sure!

Whitney @LiveRunLoveYoga February 10, 2012 at 1:58 pm

I tagged you in the 11 Things Blog Tag! You are up next to share 11 things about yourself and answer my questions! I can’t wait to see your responses and learn more about you! http://liverunloveyoga.com/2012/02/10/a-day-of-elevens-2/

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm

hehe, i just did my 11 things post this week. I can always do another one though. Fun!

Kristabel@RaceReady February 10, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Yay for the Ebook, that must be quite the project, but it will be soooo worth it!

LCCotter February 10, 2012 at 5:41 pm

i think it was a project because i am so bad at technology, haha. But i finished the first mini book. YEA!

Pure2raw twins February 10, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Love it you are so cute! And great job with the ebook you beat us as we are still trying to find time for ours ;)
Hugs

LCCotter February 11, 2012 at 12:31 am

you are way busier than i am, so i am sure the ebook will come soon. But when it does, my goodness it will be FABULOUS!!!!

audrey February 10, 2012 at 11:35 pm

yikes..you think you are behind…i got a new cell phone last week, i still had a flip phone..took 3 tries before i figured out how to answer the darn thing. now i am texting….what the heck is pin??
have to tell you about my big oops! i teach a circuit blaster class in the am..today was a pyramid..15-30-45-60-60-45-30-15, 6 exercises.
i explain it…even though we had done this last fall. they all kinda look at me funny..but away we go. about 40mins into the class everyone , including me is just sweating and looking just beat and i can’t figure out why this is taking so long and why we are unable to finish. so finally i say 5 more minutes and we are done. well…i had explained the class as doing 15 reps of each exercise, then 30, then 45, 60 etc. when it should have been 15 secs of each then 30 secs, then 45 secs etc. but my gang… the strong amazing ladies and 1 fellow they are…just did it…the exercises were..tapping pushups, side lunges with twist, get-ups, squats, mountain climbers, and jump rope.

LCCotter February 11, 2012 at 12:30 am

oh i would have been cursing you, haha. But i love it! strong hard core class! i actually would have loved it. ;-)

lauren @ wwob February 16, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Playing a little catch up here – obvs. CONGRATS on the ebook! That is so exciting – I feel like that it the epitome of blog success!