Whoops. So a few days ago I was reminded (by my mother) that a special day was around the corner. Yes, I am the wife who totally forgot about our anniversary until 2 days ago. That’s okay, I am pretty sure, no I am certain that the hubs did too. So I’m taking the afternoon off to go do things with the hubs. This cutie pie below.
Things like every couple loves to do when celebrating anniversaries. Like visit the bike shop, go for a trail run, and maybe grab a glass of wine down at the viaduct harbor. No seriously, that’s what we wanted to do. Easy to please you might say. Plus, if I really wanted to, I could pull the…
“well it’s our anniversary in the states tomorrow” card and celebrate again. Hehe, sneaky!
But I promised some peas but oh this recipe is more than peas. So make it, maybe for a celebration dinner, or for someone easy to please.
Green Chicken and Peas
|Green Chicken and Peas||
- Chicken Broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chili pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- turmeric (optional)
- natural butter
- green peas (fresh or frozen)
- Chicken breasts or wings (skin on)
- Bring 2-3 cups chicken broth and 1/2-1 cup water to a boil, just enough to cover the amount of chicken you are adding in. Add in 1-2 tbsp oil, chicken (skin on), garlic, parsley, turmeric, and pepper. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done, but not totally done.
- Drain juices (keep herbs and a little juice for coating later). Return to the stove and add in peas with 1 tbsp. natural butter. Add in your chili pepper and the broth/juice you kept. Cook on low to medium low until peas are cooked and chicken is done.
- Feel free to add in a corn/pea/carrot mixture instead.
- Serve chicken (skin on or off) on top of peas and add fresh avocado and salsa to top!
- Best served with a side of sticky brown rice or white rice. I even added in some chopped nuts and raisins.
Are you easy to please?
I’m going to tell myself I am. There, I’m pleased.