G’day friends. Hope your Tuesday is treating you mighty fine! We’ve had a good start here as well, despite the mini earthquakes we are experiencing each night. Let’s just hope they stay “mini”.
Since we had a big weekend of training (and when I say “we,” I mean the hubs. ), we decided to enjoy an easy recovery day on Monday. Recovery day for the hubs means day trip for the wife. YEA!
I suckered him into chauffeuring me to Akaroa for a nice drive and day trip. Akaroa is about an hour from Christchurch and it’s quite quaint as well.
And that we did!
I know, such a chick day, but a well deserved chick day!
I have to say, sometimes it’s nice to spend the day just exploring the scenery and taking a drive. No phones, no computers, just a camera and a good partner in crime.
But what’s a car ride without snacks? I don’t think I leave home without some form of food in my purse. You know, just in case my blood sugar drops within 20 minutes. ha-ha.
I packed a few these up for the road. But I should have known better and packed an extra. Recovery days for most = crazy appetite. Right? Well at least it does for the hubs.
|GF “Pawpaw” muffins||
- 1/4c pure cream
- 1 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup peanut flour or almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- lime sweetened dried papaya or mango
- sweetener (like stevia, honey, etc.) –optional
- additional spices (like cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)- optional
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and egg/cream in another. Add your water to your dry ingredient first then whisk in your egg and cream. Add any extra sweeteners of choice. I did not use any but stevia or honey will make them more sweet. Scoop your batter into muffins pans filling them 3/4 way to top. Then add your papaya on the top center of each muffin filling. I also left some without fruit. Both were good!
- Bake at 180C or 365F for about 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure to check the middle to see if the batter has set. Cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
These are pretty light tasting so are especially delicious sliced down the middle with a little butter and honey spread.
Do you take advantage of day tripping and unplugging?
I am definitely going to take advantage of them while we are here.
Do you use other names for certain fruit/veggies?
I love this ”pawpaw!” A much more fun word than saying papaya. hehe.