Thirty minute Thursday er….Fitness Friday?

by lindsay cotter on November 4, 2011

I spent most my day taking last minute orders and shopping for more Healthy Bite ingredients. I think it’s safe to say my Thirty Minute Thursday was spent walking grocery stores. Let’s call it steady state cardio, mmmm k?

o-matic5o-matic8o-matic9o-matic4

I think the real workout will come this weekend. I have one loving Healthy Bite customer who actually wants me to make AS MANY AS POSSIBLE for her before we head off to New Zealand.

I’m gonna try to maker her a 3 month supply, really! I think that just might pay for part of my ticket, haha. Needless to say, my workout this weekend will rolling away in the kitchen.

This is when I wish I had this kitchen……pretty.

350844206_wmKKAXxA_c

Okay, moving on. Another Part of our day was spent at the doctor. The hubs and I both see a wonderful Applied Kinesiologist (Dr. Weine) at Infinity Wellness. who has helped us with our body imbalances (digestive, muscular, hormonal, etc.). Today I wanted to give you a little glimpse into what James’ session looks like. Take a look at how she is treating the underlying issues of his knee injury, muscle testing and all.

And a little picture of my acupuncture treatment….whoa tummy!

o-matic

I know this post is late so I’m going to consider it a Fitness Friday as well. Let’s go with that.

What was your Thirty minute Thursday….er Fitness Friday?

Do you consider shopping and baking cardio, right?!

Cheers to Sarcasm!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College November 4, 2011 at 4:38 am

Haha you are so fantastic!!! I can’t believe you are making her a 3 month supply. That is amazing, as are your rocking abs in that picture!

I want that kitchen, can we be roommates (in a fabulous house of course) with that EXACT kitchen when you get back from New Zealand, please :-)
MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College recently posted..Easy Chai Tea Latte & an Award

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 11:02 am

yes yes, come live with us and we will build that kitchen to play in all day long. i love the sunflowers!

Kristin @ STUFT Mama November 4, 2011 at 6:50 am

Double cheers to sarcasm, baking/shopping cardio sessions and late night posts! :) A 3 month supply is going to be mighty impressive. I would come “workout” with you if we lived closer.
Kristin @ STUFT Mama recently posted..Catching Up With Some Friends

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 11:04 am

oh i wish you could! and then we could hit the trails for our other workout. :)

Lou November 4, 2011 at 7:09 am

woah, how beautiful is that kitchen? dreeeeeeeam. Ouch needles in the belly look scary – I had acupuncture just before I gave birth… apparently it helps get things moving, don’t know if it worked, but relaxing all the same. Shooping/baking totally count as cardio – I think they are the only form of cardio in my day :)
Lou recently posted..small, but hot like chilli*

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 11:05 am

It is relaxing, i agree. Definitely has helped my stomach. We need to do some “cardio” together sometime. I’d like that!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish November 4, 2011 at 10:11 am

i’ve done disjuncture, but the kineseology sounds fascinating

if i can keep myself from eating what I”m cooking then I know my arm often gets tired from chopping…so maybe… :)
Amanda – RunToTheFinish recently posted..Do you see what I see?

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 11:06 am

haha, but maybe the chopping and eating even out? so that counts, right? hehe.

Liz November 4, 2011 at 10:19 am

During the holiday season, baking and shopping are most definitely cardio! ;) Eating too!
Liz recently posted..Flashback CCT & Marathon Treat Ideas

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 11:06 am

oh totally! all day bake fest in tiring!!

Nichole November 4, 2011 at 10:43 am

Now I want a Dunkin Donut munchkin, lol. but your bites looks way better – you are an amazing chef my dear.

Acupuncture?! I would like to try but am nervous. PS – send me your abs, ow ow.

Happy Friday, digging your post today.
Nichole recently posted..Celebrity Trainers Food For Thought

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 11:06 am

you should try nichole! it helps in so many ways. Even allergies! happy friday friend.

Alexandra November 4, 2011 at 10:54 am

Dude baking and shopping are TOTALLY cardio, especially when there’s a sale at a store haha ;)
I’m too scared to try acupuncture, the thought of the needles kinda skeeves me out… I wish I could skip that part and just jump right to the good feeling :D
By the way, I NEEEEEDDD that kitchen!!!
Alexandra recently posted..Do me a favor and SHUT UP.

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 11:07 am

yes, and when you have a whole foods like the one in Austin, you easily can stay there for hours. Oh but the budget is hard to stick too!
Happy friday lovely.

Tessa @ Amazing Asset November 4, 2011 at 11:24 am

Yes, grocery shopping and baking is certainly a fantastic workout! I have found myself walking around new whole food/tjs stores for err…hours before! Sad? Maybe but I like to see the new products they have :)
I have wanted to try acupuncture… some day perhaps!
Tessa @ Amazing Asset recently posted..A New Month To Continue Understanding

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:31 pm

I know! i can be there for hours. Sheesh, not good when you are a budget either.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) November 4, 2011 at 11:37 am

Definitely cardio and muscle toning too with all the squatting getting baking pans or items off the bottom shelf at the store. I’ve always wanted to get acupuncture. I have a book on reflexology that I do for Tony sometimes (obviously very basic stuff), but it’s amazing how you can feel things in certain areas when you apply pressure to a completely different part of the body.

Oh and I want that kitchen too! Have fun making healthy bites! I would love to have been able to help you! xoxo
Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) recently posted..Coconut Milk Nog and Cinnamon Bread Dippers!

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm

oh ya, forgot about the squatting and lifting. Total body workout! Wish you could come help, i would LOVE LOVE IT!

Katie November 4, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Yesterday was my rest day…thank goodness! I’m not sure if my mind needed it more than my body, but either way it felt great. I’m hoping to get out for a fall run this morning/afternoon to clear the cobwebs. Every have one of those much needed feelings? Happy Friday!

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:32 pm

oh yes, get out for some fresh air friend. Enjoy that FRESH FRIDAY!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health November 4, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Wow a 3 months supply?? You are awesome :). And cooking/baking and shopping are totally a form of cardio….so is the cleaning that I did yesterday haha
Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Stretching – IT Band

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:33 pm

cleaning poops me out! its like interval training, haha. Oh and the vaccuming is like cable work. wow, i am too into this.

Heather (Where's the Beach) November 4, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I think I want that kitchen too! And cooking and shopping cardio are my fave kind ;-)
Heather (Where’s the Beach) recently posted..Leg Day & Leftovers

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:34 pm

ya, no wonder you have such great endurance. SHopping Queen!

Holly @ The Runny Egg November 4, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I would love a big country kitchen like the one you posted — really I just want a big kitchen with a big island in the middle — we have one of those galley/hallway type kitchens for now and I’d love to have more room!

Friday is my rest day but yesterday I did a quick 3 miles on the treadmill along with some upper body/core strength workout.
Holly @ The Runny Egg recently posted..WAKE UP! (Free Coffee)

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:34 pm

big islands are the best. Nice and open and BRIGHT! Hope you get some free time this weekend Holly. You deserve it.

Mamarunsbarefoot November 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Wow that doc looks amazing! Maybe I could sell my first born to see her? JK!!! I love that kind of stuff, so interesting!!!!! That kitchen is so beautiful. I spend almost all of my time standing in the kitchen either doing school with the kids or cooking, or CLEANING. So I’d say cooking is cardio!!!
Mamarunsbarefoot recently posted..We Interrupt our Current Programing to….

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:35 pm

haha, she just might. You would love this doctor. She really gets in tune with the WHOLE body.

Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense November 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Love that kitchen… fabulous!
I’m going to have to pin that… my second pin ever =)
Inspiration!!
Lisa ♥ Healthful Sense recently posted..Chewy Pumpkin Spice Bars

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:35 pm

pin away friend. I know i want to recreate this kitchen some day.

jobo November 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm

dude, your abs are freaking AWESOME. Can I have them? ;-) And I should order more healthy bites before you go! Do you have any room left for an order?? or are you all booked up?
jobo recently posted..Running musings and realizations.

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:36 pm

yes, yes! You are of course allowed to order. Anything for YOU!

Stephanie@MyTHornsHaveRoses November 4, 2011 at 2:07 pm

That kitchen might be one of my favorite inspiration looks so far. I love that pop of bright yellow with the sunflowers!
Stephanie@MyTHornsHaveRoses recently posted..A Proper List

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:36 pm

mine too! I adore the yellow and sunflowers. So cheery!

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 4, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Wow I definitely want my kitchen to look like that! Pretty! :)

Haha I think baking DEFINITELY counts as cardio! My heart rate always increases during the testing process ;) Plus shopping is my second favourite (after running of course!) form of cardio! LOVE IT!

Have a great weekend Linds!!

P.S. You have amazing abs. Reason #1000 why I should come to your classes ;)

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

LOL! i think my HR peaks a bit too. Maybe we should sample more often. :P

How are the shins?

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) November 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I couldn’t agree more! Any excuse to eat more cookie dough (or Healthy Bite dough!) is a good one! :D

Aww thanks for asking! The shin is healing yaay! It’s doing much better than my bank balance anyway which is suffering from the many trips to the sports doc! :P

Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner November 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Oh MY those healthy bites just look soo good! Enjoy all the baking this weekend!! :)
Sabrina @ Radioactive Runner recently posted..Time flying and chocolate treats

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Thanks Sabrina. Hope this weekend you get a nice OUTDOOR run.

katie November 4, 2011 at 3:33 pm

You are awesome to make a 3 month supply for her this weekend!!! I say that baking is a workout, and shopping is too!

Happy Weekend love!

I wish you were here! <3
katie recently posted..Diva Approved { Late }

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:37 pm

yes, and you have mastered both. Wish I was there too. Hugs to everyone for me, k?

katie @KatieDid November 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I totally consider shopping exercise, no joke! And lugging all those pounds of sweet potatoes, butter, bacon, and apples adds up ;) !!

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:38 pm

oh ya, especially if you hit up costco, right?

Kim K November 4, 2011 at 4:13 pm

1. that kitchen is unbelievably beautiful and i want it.
2. i want your ripped stomach.
3. shopping/baking/eating/drinking does count as cardio ;) but i will be doing whatever workout your hubby prescribed for me today… which is running!
Kim K recently posted..11th Annual Boston Lupus Pub Crawl!

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:38 pm

yea for running. All good with the back? I so want to come to that PUB crawl!!

Rachelle November 4, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Yes indeed shopping is cardio. Infact I am way more exhausted after a full day shopping with my Mom than I am after running a marathon. Make sure you fuel well for your long day of cooking and shopping k. :)

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 4:39 pm

haha, me too! I last for about 45 minutes of shopping, unless we get a snack.

Oh and I will fuel up for my cooking marathon. WOO!

Health Bee November 4, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Have a wonderful trip to New Zealand.

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm

thanks. We cannot wait for the journey!

Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance November 4, 2011 at 4:55 pm

shopping and baking are totally cardio! especially shopping. :) i mean sprinting toward deals is serious :) that kitchen is incredible. that may just be my dream kitchen now. wow! have a wonderful weekend!
Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance recently posted..Moments.

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:06 pm

oh ya, sprinting is definitely involved. hehe. And to the sale items!

Shannon November 4, 2011 at 4:56 pm

what? baking isn’t a workout? if you’re doing that much you sure are getting a good workout!! :)
Shannon recently posted..Gingersnap Apple Pie w/Bacon Crisp

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I know that YOU KNOW! I mean, serious baking and mixing makes some big biceps, no?

Lindsay @ biking before bed November 4, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Baking and grocery shopping are definitely cardio in my book. If you mix everything by hand you can even get some upper body in:)
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..Its the start of Insanity!

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:07 pm

yes, hello guns! arms of steal from baking and mixing. :)

Beth November 4, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Making a three month supply is a workout! My thirty minute Thursday was spent on the treadmill. Not my favorite but it will have to do.

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm

hey gotta do whatcha gotta do. Way to get it done Beth!

Christine @ Merf In Progress November 4, 2011 at 5:52 pm

I think I’m gonna try acupuncture for my migraines. Eek!
Christine @ Merf In Progress recently posted..Paris – Les (non) Photos

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm

oh i use it for that too, but allergy headaches. Go get that appointment!

Lisa November 4, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Healthy Bites must be pretty darn amazing :)

I want that kitchen too!

Have a great weekend—you just reminded me that I need to make an acupuncture appointment!
Lisa recently posted..Keep It Simple: Read Labels and Avoid…

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm

ahh great minds think alike Lisa. Hope you get your appointment soon!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness November 4, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I hope your appointments went well! I’ve only had accupuncture once, in my bag, but it relieved my musclular tension there SO well, it was amazing! <3 So cool that you have such devoted and dedicated Healthy Bites customers – that's a real wonderful testament to your products and your service – congratulations!! :-) Hehehe…I totally think shopping is cardio ;-) I did a 20 minute HIIT and 3 sets of 15 quad extensions for my Thirty Minute Thursday…and my Fitness Friday, lol! :-P Have a beautiful weekend – happy Healthy Bite making! xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..Change is in the Air

LCCotter November 4, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I saw that! was just about to comment on your blog. I think we always comment at the same time. hehe, love it!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness November 4, 2011 at 8:06 pm

*yikes! the accupuncture was not in my bag, it was in my BACK, lol! :-P xyx
Yolie @ Practising Wellness recently posted..Change is in the Air

Kath (My Funny Little Life) November 4, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Grocery shopping can definitely count as cardio! And don’t forget you have to drag evertything into the car, so you’re also doing weight lifting! :P

I used to get accupuncture to help with my headaches. That helped a lot.

Now I want to have a kitchen like that … ;)
Kath (My Funny Little Life) recently posted..“My Funny Little Life” Is on Facebook! :D

LCCotter November 5, 2011 at 12:07 am

yes, so true. Weight lifting is definitely part of it. I think its all the nut butter I use too…heavy!

Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) November 5, 2011 at 1:04 am

I love the filter on your photos!

I used to get acupuncture and enjoyed it!
Deb (SmoothieGirlEatsToo) recently posted..Sharing with readers

Tara November 5, 2011 at 1:23 am

Wow that video was really interesting! I’d love to look more into it – there are so many components to wellness that I’ve never explord! I’ve always wanted to try acupuncture as well. Good luck with the healthy bites – I would definitely consider that cardio :)
Tara recently posted..Pain, Pain, Go Away…

LCCotter November 5, 2011 at 2:31 am

i think you’d really benefit from these kinds of treatments tara. Especially with your injury. Accupuncture can help with the inflammation too!

Nicole November 5, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I’ve been so out of the loop! I can’t believe you’re almost at New Zealand time! Time flies when you’re having fun, huh? I’m so excited for you though and believe that good things will come out of this.
Applied Kinesiology looks very interesting. You know me, I am totally into homeopathic treatments and I have tried many. Maybe I’ll put this on the list : )

Have fun making Healthy Bites this weekend!

Nicole
Nicole recently posted..Workouts in Review: Total Body Turnaround w/ Kathy Smith

LCCotter November 5, 2011 at 8:22 pm

yes, Nicole, this is your style of treatment. Natural approach and i am really feel at peace with it, ya know? So good to hear from you friend!

tea-bagginit November 5, 2011 at 7:08 pm

wow, that accupuncture looks intense! have you tried it before? i’m really interested in alt therapy! btw – i dream of huge island kitchens – so efficient!
tea-bagginit recently posted..Live and Learn

LCCotter November 5, 2011 at 8:21 pm

i have. it has helped with my allergies and stomach a lot! i think you’d really like this alternative therapy. So your thing!

Christin@purplebirdblog November 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Oooo, thank you for reminding me I need to schedule my (first ever!) acupuncture appointment that I bought an online deal for now that school is out!! :D
Christin@purplebirdblog recently posted..Giveaway winner!