Oh man, where has time gone? I know I know, we all say that. But as I was organizing my recipes from my old site and transferring them here, I came across a blog post/recipe from almost a year ago. In that post I had mentioned my nieces holiday concert and a few goodies I made to go along with it. Like these!
|Sugar and Spice GF Cookies||
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup raw sugar (you can use brown sugar too)
- stevia –1 tsp (add 2 if you want them extra sweet)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ARROWROOT flour
- 1 cup all purpose GF flour (or flour of choice)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour- I also used a lot on my hands and on parchment paper to roll the dough into balls then press with fork.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cinnamon and ground cloves (about 1/2 tsp of each)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- mix applesauce, sugar, and banana together in bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir remaining ingredients together and add. Mix well or use beater on low. Add a little more applesauce if it get to be too dry.
- Flour your counter and transfer dough. Make sure to cover your hands in flour as well in order to keep it from getting to gooey.
- Roll into 1-2 inch balls. Place them on a greased baking sheet and press down with fork. Bake in 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Allow a bit more baking time if rolled thicker.
- Once out of the oven and cooled. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon. This of course is optional but its WORTH IT!
Oh gosh, I remember that day like it was yesterday. What a year! A tough year, but one that was filled “growth.” Growth in my relationship with my husband, growth in myself, and growth in just about every other area of my life. Oh those little growing pains, they sure do hurt and the time, but boy are they worth it!
So day 2 and day 3 of my Thankful board are all filled with pictures of growth. From seeing my nieces and nephews grow up this past year, to moments of growth opportunities.
Thank You God for GROWTH!
Thankful Board day 2 and day 3
walking back from tough race at Buffalo Springs 70.3, a heart full of emotion.
My nieces and nephews, who I’ve seen GROW right in front of my very eyes.
Take a look back over this past year, how have you “grown?”
Don’t forget to email me your thankful pictures!