Recipe Repeats

by lindsay cotter on October 10, 2011

Remember that time I switched sites? Oh ya, that was not too long ago. Well, not all my recipes were successfully transferred so I thought I’d take some time to REPEAT a few.

Good idea, eh? I mean, who doesn’t like a good recipe repeat anyway? Today’s repeat recipe is from last November. A holiday gift that was super easy, the only hard part was trying not to keep them all for myself.

288812977_56oMfKuN_c

GF Coconut Pecan Truffle Bars

First things first; make your chocolate mix

(notes in red are for the “healthified” version).

Chocolate Mix Ingredients:

• cups Pecans, Finely Chopped
  • 1/2 cups condensed Milk and 1/3 cup almond milk combined -melted coconut butter and almond milk if you want the healthy version.
  • cups brown Sugar (or NuNaturals sugar)
  • 2-1/2 cups Chocolate Chips (milk or dark chocolate)
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4-1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut.

Preparation Instructions:

Toast the pecans for 3 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Then chop finely. Set aside. Combine milk and sugar in a small heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-low heat, and boil stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips. Stir until mixture is smooth. Then stir in vanilla extract.

clip_image002[15]

Base Ingredients:

• ·1/2 Cup butter (or smart balance or earth balance)
  • 1 Cup packed brown sugar 1large egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites or 2 tbsp. flax for vegans)
  • 1 tsp. real vanilla
  • 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose gluten free flour (can use spelt, WW, or regular)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup gluten free pretzels
  • * NOTE: I grounded up the oats and pretzels together to make one dry mix.

Directions:
Set aside 2 Tbs. the butter. Beat the butter with mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar; beat until well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another large bowl stir together flour and baking soda; stir in oat/pretzel. Gradually stir dry mixture into beaten mixture. Set aside.
Press two-thirds of the oat/pretzel flour mix into the bottom of an ungreased baking pan (I used a 8×8). Take cooled chocolate mix and peel it off the parchment paper with the pecan/coconut mix facing down over the oat mixture. You might need to spread it more into the corners.

SECRET INGREDIENT- if you want more chocolate filing, spread 1-2 tbsp. of NUTELLA over that. My trick! Using your fingers, dot remaining oat mixture over the chocolate.

clip_image002[13]clip_image004[8]

Would you make these?

What’s your recipe repeat that I must try? Feel free to link it up below.

Cheers to your “MON” day!

katie October 10, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Cheers to Monday! Hope you loves had a great weekend!

Nutella is the KEY in this, ha! YUM!

I am tired today, I think I need to go to bed early, Monday’s always drag!

Have a good night! xoxo <3

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:10 am

yes, go to bed early. Snuggle up with your man and relax. Mondays can be overload.

Sam October 10, 2011 at 8:13 pm

this recipe sounds AMAZING! just posted quite a decadent recipe on my blog today. the fruit makes it a little healthy and the cookie/icing make it 100% yum :)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:11 am

oh that fruit pizza! such GOOD treat! i could eat icing alone.

Alexandra October 10, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Yum! I’m lovin the recipe, especially the secret nutella addition ;) I swear that stuff is crack. If nutella was a man, he’d definitely be the most eligible bachelor ever! Haha
Have a wonderful Monday my dear!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:14 am

oh yes, chase after that bachelor and don’t ever let him go! haha. Good analogy woman!

Kim K October 10, 2011 at 8:24 pm

um yummm!!!! i want. want some now!

my recipe repeats – homemade pizza AND elvis granola! http://www.eatliverun.com/elvis-granola/

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:15 am

oh man, do i need to try this granola?? Looks like i do! how’s the back?

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:15 am

how do I read your blog now?

Heather (Where's the Beach) October 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Sometimes you just have to repost a recipe especially when it looks fantastic like this one.

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:18 am

i forgot how good it was! the Holidays are among us, whip out the baking!

Missy October 10, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Ahh! MON day — thanks for the reminder I truly forgot and I love LOVE LOVE that concept.
Hmm…now what to do this evening that is crazy-all-about-me-indulgent? Decisions…decisions…decis (!) Wine.

LCCotter October 10, 2011 at 10:43 pm

i have wine in my hand now as I type….. savignon blanc my friend? xxoo

missy October 11, 2011 at 12:19 am

Me too as I read the reply! LOL. Mine is Barefoot Sav Blanc. Not my fave but that’s totally fine. I prefer their Pinot Grig if I am gonna go Barefoot. Hope you are drinking a nicer, pricey grassy one.

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:21 am

haha, and I am drinking their pinot grigio! oh girl, we need to live closer!

katie @KatieDid October 10, 2011 at 9:02 pm

What a good idea, its always cool to look back on old recipes of yours that you may have forgotten about. I don’t typically make recipes over again (because I cook throw together meals with whatever I have on hand for the most part)… but looking back on some of mine I think I need to make my extra fat deviled eggs!

LCCotter October 10, 2011 at 10:42 pm

same here. I always throw together meals, so this is new to me, but I kinda like it. Extra fat deviled eggs, thats a winner to me!
saw you over on MDA! yippeeee

Katie October 10, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I go through phases with repeat recipes. I’ll repeat them for weeks and then I’m done. I was addicted to this veggie “salsa” last summer. And now that I said that I really want it again, but none of the ingredients are in season anymore. Sigh. But oh, do I have tomatoes to make it. May have to improvise here…

LCCotter October 10, 2011 at 10:41 pm

ya, now that you said that, i want it! its on your blog? IMPROVISE PLEASE!

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body October 10, 2011 at 9:07 pm

I would totally make these, they look marvellous! Yay for Monday, at least for me because it’s a long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving)!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:18 am

yea, happy canadian thanksgiving! wish I could come deliver these personally. <3

Lisa October 10, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Yum! Glad you repeated this!
Hmmmm….I don’t know if I have anything so great to repeat, but I was just reminded by someone of my kelp noodle recipe—that I got from Planet Raw. It’s got cashew cheese sauce on it and it just makes me happy! (although at this point, I think I might just make it with real cheese sauce since the unpasteurized cheeses are working just fine for me these days)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:20 am

oh don’t you just love raw cheese now. Raw goat cheese is the best. I should try it with kelp noodles next.

Sable@SquatLikeALady October 10, 2011 at 9:35 pm

This looks DANGEROUSLY good! I’m glad this recipe wasn’t lost in the move!!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:23 am

haha, i know. I forgot just how good. Bowl licking good!

Brittany October 10, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Recipe repeats are grrreat because they really show which recipes were THAT good to be recreated! I have been making the SAME exact chocolate chip cookies the past 3 times I have made cookies, and today I am repeating my vegan zucchini brownies, but with more cocoa powder! YUM yum to this recipe you have re-shared!

LCCotter October 10, 2011 at 10:40 pm

that sounds like a recipe tweaking that just gets better and better. Pretty soon they’ll be selling at TJ’s!
;)

Gen October 10, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Yummy!!! I’m definitely trying these out soon!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:22 am

let me know how it turns out!!

Liz October 10, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Glad you repeated these, they sound awesome. And I would definitely add the secret ingredient! :)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:24 am

it gives it that nutty chocolate taste! oh nutella ….my love! <3

Lou October 10, 2011 at 10:47 pm

YUM! oh sweet Nutella, I love you but when you are in my house you always cause trouble (me attacking jar with spoon) so GOOD! Nutella and banana on toast, mmm. Wow, those bars look great – I love pecans, and the ground up pretzels are such a good idea. Bit of salty sweetie – my fav :)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:22 am

thats my husband. He has no control with the spoon. and yes, we have had marmite, banana, nutella sandwiches!

Lindsay @ In Sweetness and In Health October 10, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Oh wow those look really good!! Hope you’re having a great Monday :)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:25 am

its good now thats its over, haha! is the BF gone? Hope it was a good weekend together and good quality time!

Kath (My Funny Little Life) October 10, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Yay for recipe repeats! (I do that all the time, secretly. ;))

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:25 am

i love your repeats. they are ALWAYS a bonus in my book.

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen) October 10, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Fried rice is a must for me to repeat! It’s my favorite family meal! These look delicious…as always!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:27 am

i always made that tonight, but then had to repeat my sticky rice addiction with butter. OH SO GOOD!

Bre October 11, 2011 at 12:13 am

Yum. I would make them for sure, but not until my tummy unstuffs itself from a day of eating for Thanksgiving…and with the way I ate today it might be a week or two before I’m unstuffed! ;)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 12:26 am

oh what did you eat? you need a canadian thanksgiving post!

Dorry October 11, 2011 at 1:04 am

This is a great idea, Linds! And yes, I’d definitely make those. Delish.

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 1:42 am

i thought you’d like the chocolate part of course. Been thinking about you A LOT! praying!

Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance October 11, 2011 at 1:23 am

i am gonna go ahead and say that this was a GREAT idea. that recipe looks AMAZING!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 1:42 am

wish I could fly them out to UTAH enjoy them even more….ahh someday friend!

Tessa @ Amazing Asset October 11, 2011 at 1:25 am

Oh no I am sorry to hear your recipes didn’t transfer! How annoying! But now I get to see them in action again, so this is good for me and your readers :) And this of course looks delish m’dear

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 1:43 am

Its probably a good thing. Like you said, allows others to see them and i get to revamp them a little. can’t complain! whoop!

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run October 11, 2011 at 1:45 am

So….this recipe would be a reason for us to buy Nutella, then?? You’ve officially made my day ;) And these will be gone in approximately 1 day, because D cannot resist Nutella in ANYTHING.

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 11:11 am

either can James. He will eat the whole jar if I don’t hide it. and he downed the batter of this recipe too! haha. Happy bellies!

Maryea @ Happy Healthy Mama October 11, 2011 at 1:53 am

Oh I am glad you are doing this. This recipe looks fantastic and I never would have seen it since I didn’t know about your awesome blog last November. :-)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 11:12 am

oh well I am glad I found yours friend. So many wonderful recipes i was missing out on!

tea-bagginit October 11, 2011 at 2:55 am

i love the secret nutella ingredient! my repeat recipe is a cook’s illustrated banana bread that calls for 6 bananas! you cook them down to release the juices & then simmer them to create a thick banana-y sauce to add to the bread as part of the wet ingredients. soooo moist & delicious!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 11:13 am

can i get the recipe on your blog? Or email it o me! banana bread is a FAVORITE!

Ellie@fitforthesoul October 11, 2011 at 5:08 am

oOOO this looks amazing Lindsay!! Especially with the nutella and all, omgoodness haha. And I agree that sometimes, some recipes need to be repeated, especially IF they should have deserved more attention! :P

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 11:13 am

yes, chocolate and nutella always need more attention, right? hehe.

Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli October 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Oh wow! These look absolutely sinful! I’ll take two…one for each hip! ;)

Pure2raw twins October 11, 2011 at 12:53 pm

these look perfect!!!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 5:32 pm

coming for you two, that means A LOT! WOW!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons October 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Love the red healthified tips for the recipe! You rock! <3

and I LOOOOOVE your new bloggy! I had been stalking from my phone but its pretty darn baller "in person" on my laptop! hehe! =)

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 5:34 pm

ahh jen, this is an honor then! I am so glad you have internet at your house now!! wowza!

Yolie @ Practising Wellness October 11, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Oh no! I’m sorry you didn’t manage to transfer all your recipes – I lost all my photos when I moved sights too – it was sad! :-S But I got over it, lol! :-P I love the idea of your recipe repeats – these look like a real sweet treat.
Hmmm…I don’t really post recipes (bad cook, simple palate!) but I would love to start experimenting in the kitchen more! :-) Hope you had a wonderful Mon-day! <3 xyx

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 5:33 pm

youre not a bad cook, just simple and I LOVE THAT! never to complicated, just perfectly sweet.

Yolie @ Practising Wellness October 12, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Lol! Thank you! <3 xyx

Nichole October 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Well I missed this, so I’m glad you did a repeat. Pecans, nomnomnom. And did you say Nutella, oh my.

I have nothing but sweet treat recipes, sad, I need to expand my baking portfolio. but my Heath Bar Cake is the bestest, swear!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 5:32 pm

no need to expand when you have mastered that art of heath bar cake! woo!

natalie October 11, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I’m all for repeating recipes! The truffle bars look ah-maaah-zing, dahling. Can’t wait to see how these turn out. Have an awesome Tuesday!

PS – I made Husband french toast yesterday and was salivating/kicking myself for not picking up Cinn. Bread for my own GF french toast. I wanted to improvise with regular bread and asked “WWLD” haha!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm

i am sure it was still delicious! can’t go wrong with french toast! but yes, get your butt to the store for some cinnamon raisin Fresh Toast.
Love the “WWLD.” Can i makes shirts like that?

Carolina @ Peas in a Blog October 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Truffle bars? Wow! These look & sound so good!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 5:37 pm

truffles should be more than a bite these days, therefore the bar is formed! haha.

Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Thanks for reposting. I realized yesterday that not all mine transferred either. Yipes!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 5:36 pm

its a good excuse to remake them all, right? I’m sure your hubs wouldn’t mind either!
;)

LauraJayne October 11, 2011 at 8:02 pm

These looks awesome – and since I missed the original recipe, this was perfect for me!

LCCotter October 11, 2011 at 10:07 pm

yay! well there are plenty more so I am glad I can share. Any luck with the scoby??

healthy ashley October 12, 2011 at 1:30 am

I am DROOLING. (seriously. yum.)

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List October 12, 2011 at 2:09 am

Ha! Since I have all of three recipes on the blog, I picked the “fanciest” one – Bruschetta Chicken

LCCotter October 12, 2011 at 11:55 am

I just need some GF bread and I am making this. Great meal Linds! and cheap, my kind of style!

MegSmith @ Cooking.In.College October 12, 2011 at 4:42 am

Drooling!!! Wow these look and sound amazing :-) I hope you have had a great beginning to your week. Love ya girl!

LCCotter October 12, 2011 at 11:56 am

slow but good! haha. Hows school? Seems like you are more balanced now then last semester, right? I love hearing from you so feel free to email anytime!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish October 12, 2011 at 5:39 am

OF COURSE I’ll make these bars! They’re perfect for the holiday season (or anytime!). Coconut + chocolate is one of my favorite combinations. And I never say no to Nutella. :-)

Thanks so much for sharing, Lindsay! I love the recipe repeat idea!

LCCotter October 12, 2011 at 11:57 am

yes, totally thought of you with the coconut and nutella. We share that love! Well, we share a lot fo loves, thats why we MASH so well. hehe.

Eleanor@eatinglikeahorse October 12, 2011 at 6:28 am

Ooh, this looks amazing, it ticks every box; chocolate, coconut and crunch factor, yum! And GF, which is always a bonus :-)
My repeated recipe is these polenta fingers, they taste like a healthy version of potato croquettes!

LCCotter October 12, 2011 at 11:54 am

Elle, I am all over those fries! Polenta is a favorite in our house! thank you!

Fit Chick in the City October 12, 2011 at 7:11 am

This looks like a recipe repeating that’s for sure!

LCCotter October 12, 2011 at 11:54 am

and just in time for the holidays, right?!
Are you working or running the NYC marathon this year?

Fit Chick in the City October 12, 2011 at 11:57 am

I was training for it, but then I got injured. I’ll be cheering on everyone at mile 24 this year.

Allie October 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm

You’ve got some great recipes!

LCCotter October 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm

its holiday season, so we’re pulling them all out, right?
hope the studying is going well!

Shannon October 12, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Yup, I’d make those!! oh man, i am behind the ball, i haven’t given one thought to the holidays, i still feel like it is september :)

have you seen my ginger version of 7 layers? I think you’d like them!

ps- finally found cherry chia kombucha :) i loved it, but kinda missed the tang of trilogy!

LCCotter October 13, 2011 at 12:55 am

oh my gosh, saving these for sure! thanks for the recipe. I waiting for that cookbook woman! You have awesome recipes

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail October 12, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Remind me not to read your blog when I’m hungry! Pure deliciousness!

LCCotter October 13, 2011 at 12:58 am

combine the nutella with your pb protein bars and then we are golden!!!

Stephanie October 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm

Ooo gosh i need to switch my site. things have been so crazy with all fun stuff though, maybe during the winter when i don’t go outside much haha

LCCotter October 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

one thing at a time my dear. First, lets get you through this marathon! woohoo!

Stephanie October 13, 2011 at 3:48 pm

haha i know oh gosh, i am nervous specially after the beating i took for my 20, my leg still has not recovered from sunday

lauren@spiced plate October 13, 2011 at 8:55 pm

Yum…nutella should be a secret ingredient in more things!

Mindy@FSL October 14, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Um, wow. These look amazing! You should bring more recipes out of the vault!

LCCotter October 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm

oh I will! i think I might do once a week! sound good?