Remember that time I switched sites? Oh ya, that was not too long ago. Well, not all my recipes were successfully transferred so I thought I’d take some time to REPEAT a few.
Good idea, eh? I mean, who doesn’t like a good recipe repeat anyway? Today’s repeat recipe is from last November. A holiday gift that was super easy, the only hard part was trying not to keep them all for myself.
GF Coconut Pecan Truffle Bars
First things first; make your chocolate mix
(notes in red are for the “healthified” version).
Chocolate Mix Ingredients:
- ⅔ cups Pecans, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cups condensed Milk and 1/3 cup almond milk combined -melted coconut butter and almond milk if you want the healthy version.
- ⅓ cups brown Sugar (or NuNaturals sugar)
- 2-1/2 cups Chocolate Chips (milk or dark chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut.
Toast the pecans for 3 minutes in a 325 degree oven. Then chop finely. Set aside. Combine milk and sugar in a small heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium-low heat, and boil stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate chips. Stir until mixture is smooth. Then stir in vanilla extract.
- ·1/2 Cup butter (or smart balance or earth balance)
- 1 Cup packed brown sugar 1large egg (or 1/4 cup egg whites or 2 tbsp. flax for vegans)
- 1 tsp. real vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose gluten free flour (can use spelt, WW, or regular)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free pretzels
- * NOTE: I grounded up the oats and pretzels together to make one dry mix.
Set aside 2 Tbs. the butter. Beat the butter with mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar; beat until well mixed. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another large bowl stir together flour and baking soda; stir in oat/pretzel. Gradually stir dry mixture into beaten mixture. Set aside.
Press two-thirds of the oat/pretzel flour mix into the bottom of an ungreased baking pan (I used a 8×8). Take cooled chocolate mix and peel it off the parchment paper with the pecan/coconut mix facing down over the oat mixture. You might need to spread it more into the corners.
SECRET INGREDIENT- if you want more chocolate filing, spread 1-2 tbsp. of NUTELLA over that. My trick! Using your fingers, dot remaining oat mixture over the chocolate.
Would you make these?
What’s your recipe repeat that I must try? Feel free to link it up below.
Cheers to your “MON” day!