What I Am Letting Go Wednesday

by LCCotter on August 24, 2011

Today is special. Today I let go. Today I started living. Today I asked God to lead. Today I finally see what Life is all about……….

picture box

This is my new home. I’ve made the long journey here (to self hosted) and for many reasons. I will spare you the details…….for now. Here’s a sneak peek.

• To Live out my Passions
  • To support my husband (aka hubs) in his career, and hopefully get to be by his side while doing so.
  • To encourage and to be encouraged
  • To share our Journey (because we are going places, soon, very soon!)
  • To connect more with YOU
  • To expand my collection of Gluten Free Recipes
  • To get to know my “creative” side (if that exists, haha)
  • To grow more in each area of my life and embrace self-confidence
  • And oh so much more!!!!!

You see, it all looks exciting, right? But I found myself hesitating, almost at a stand still. I was standing still not going anywhere because of fear. Fear of the unknown! This fear festered inside until I was about to explode!

It was then that the hubs and I had a good sit down. We started talking about how our fears are holding us back from living life. From embracing certain opportunities and we had had it! DONE! NO MORE!

We’re going to LET GO of fear! We’re going to SIDE STEP the DANGERS. We’re going to LIVE for the NOW!

So thank you! Thank you for sticking with me these past few weeks. Thank you for holding my hand. Thank you for accepting us COTTERS and this CRAZY life we lead.

DSCF0895

Now let’s start this new site off right with a little WIAW.

WIAWbutton

Thank you Jen for making my Wednesdays DELICIOUS!

Featured Recipe

“Shrimp and FAUX Grits with Edamame”

P2200139P2200142P2200143P2200140

This is quite simple. For the shrimp, just boil, drain, and then season with sea salt, pepper, and a little lemon juice.

For the FAUX  GRITS:

• Use 1 cup GF oat bran. Toss it in a pot with about 1 to 1.5 cup water and. Bring to a boil then quickly reduce and add in 1 cup frozen edamame and a few dashes of sea salt.
  • Add a tbsp. of oil and stir. Let it simmer for about 3-5 minutes on low until edamame is thawed.
  • Then throw in spices and 2-3 tbsp. of either nutritional yeast or GF brewers yeast. Stir again and season some more with 1 tsp. garlic and 1 tsp. paprika.
  • If you want real buttery flavor, add in more brewers yeast/nutritional yeast and use butter instead of oil. I also added in sautéed grape tomatoes and mushrooms last-minute.
  • Serve up with your shrimp!

This recipe is FEAR FREE!

Tell me, what are you LETTING GO today?

A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU to Jenny over at PB and Jenny! She is the master behind this new site. Working with her was the most fun I’ve ever had on a computer, haha. Jenn really has a true gift when it comes to web designing.  And she was so patient with me. That’s talent! Jenn offers offer header design, website design, and transferring to self-hosting .

Again, HUGE THANKS JENN! I’m still learning to add in new features to the site and I actually am enjoying it! Maybe I’m not technologically challenged after all!

Katie August 25, 2011 at 8:32 pm

I will not fear this next chapter in my life! It’s going to take confidence, dedication, passion, and lots of hard work. Life is too short to not go after what you love and do the things you want to do. Have a great rest of the week and love the new site! xoxo

LCCotter August 25, 2011 at 10:16 pm

oh you so did that Katie! I love it. You are fearless and it will take you to great heights!!

Brittany August 25, 2011 at 10:35 pm

YAYAYA the site looks GREAT!! CONGRATS!!

LCCotter August 26, 2011 at 2:29 am

BRITT! I made it! Its done, no more switching domains. hehe. Not we can finally stay connected, right?!!
:P

Tessa @ Amazing Asset August 26, 2011 at 12:25 am

Oh my goodness your site looks gorgeous!! Congratulations, I love it so much and your blog is wonderful as usual :)

LCCotter August 26, 2011 at 2:28 am

thank you Tessa. You are too kind. Can’t wait to catch up with you!!

julie August 26, 2011 at 12:39 am

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! so happy for you <3 this was a great post and a great recipe AND jenny did a fabulous job with your design! lurv.

LCCotter August 26, 2011 at 2:28 am

Thank you JULIE!!! So good to hear from you. and yes, jenn is amazing, lets brag about her all the time. well deserved!

Soo @ Little Miss Fitness August 26, 2011 at 1:22 am

I love this post, Lindsay! Isn’t it the most comforting thing to know that “God will never take us anywhere He has not already prepared for our arrival.” (Beth Moore) Praise Jesus. :)

I’m letting go of living for our future dreams…the present is so sweet I don’t want to miss out on it by planning!

LCCotter August 26, 2011 at 2:26 am

oh I love Beth Moore and I love that quote! The present s so sweet Soo, go enjoy!

Holly August 26, 2011 at 1:35 am

WOOHOO! I LOVE the new site- it looks FANTASTIC & I know that it will only get better :D Can’t wait to get my daily dose of Cotter Crunch!! Xo

LCCotter August 26, 2011 at 2:27 am

oh thank you HOlly. You make my day! I get my daily does of Greek Yogurt too. hehe.

ilovefetacheese August 26, 2011 at 2:57 am

LOVE THE NEW SITE

LCCotter August 26, 2011 at 10:21 am

it love YOU!

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish August 26, 2011 at 6:55 am

Your new site is BEAUTIFUL, Lindsay!! I’m so happy that you chose to kiss fear goodbye and pursue your dreams! Your journey is truly an inspiration, and I feel incredibly fortunate to to share it with you. Your insights always make my day a little bit brighter. Thank you for that!

I love the faux grits recipe! Cheese grits have been a favorite food of mine for as long as I can remember, so I can’t wait to try these!

Happy Friday! xoxo

LCCotter August 26, 2011 at 10:32 am

Gosh, and I feel the same towards you. A blessing to follow life together! Still waiting on that Quote book to come out. I’d buy it!

Heather August 26, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Love the new site!

LCCotter August 27, 2011 at 2:27 am

thank you friend. I am excited!

Dorry August 28, 2011 at 3:13 pm

This is such a beautiful post, Linds! Very inspiring to this Bird. I remember several years ago, one of my friends gave me a card that read, “Let Go, and Let God.” And it’s stuck with me ever since! I’m so excited for you and James’ future. I know God has many beautiful and fulfilling things in store for the Cotters. :) xo

LCCotter August 28, 2011 at 3:46 pm

and I can’t wait to “update” you on it all! but for now, I am have been worried sick about you! Hope you and Billy are okay.

We’ll be in Dallas for a whole 5 days in October!! I really must update you! and vice versa.