One Thing Wednesday

by lindsay cotter on August 31, 2011

Wow, thank you for the support from that last post. It’s still kind of surreal to us, even though we received this email yesterday.

$RDTSJ9X

Looks like I might have to get a bigger suitcase come November so that all of you can squeeze in. Ya ya, corny I know.

Anyway, August has whizzed on by. I’m kinda glad too. Means maybe in September we’ll see some relief from the heat, or at least below 100F. We’re talking 70 days straight here people. That’s just wrong. But then again, what can ya do? I know, maybe you can remember those “one things” that made August good. Seems like a lot went on so why not stop today and think about those “one things.”

And in honor of crazy Peas and Crayons Jen, I’m going to include some food for WIAW.

WIAWbutton

What’s the “one thing” that left you speechless this past month?

Probably the amazing hearts of others. Especially from THIS GIRL who helped me with more than just my blog. <3

What’s the “one thing” that you want to repeat again next month?

Definitely a night out with good food and good company! My family spent a good 2-3 hours eating, drinking, talking.

perlas 2perlas

What’s the “one thing” that you never wanted to see go this past month?

My beloved kombucha batch. We downed that batch in less than 2 days. Sheesh!

P2110074

What’s the “one NEW thing” that found and LOVED this past month?

Well duh, it had to be the new CHIA CHERRY GT Kombucha.

chia GT

What’s the “one thing” that kicked your butt (in a good way) this past month?

I’d say getting back in the water and lap swimming. Man, I have lost all swim form but I will get it back. And at least I can dry off by doing this after.

IMG00593-20110810-1540

What’s the “one thing” you made this past month that turned out better than expected?

haha, totally thought this bison and edamame “hash” would be a flop but the hubs and I both loved it!  Want the recipe?

P2270184P2270186

And lastly, What’s the “one thing” that made your WIAW even better?

Getting to giveaway these! Oh and the Izze/GF Rudi’s Coupons too! See Winner below.

P2220146

YEA JULIE!! You were the randomly selected winner winner chicken dinner from my Precious Gem post. Email me your address—> cottercrunch (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Alright, now have at it. What were some of your “one things” this past month?

Heather (Where's the Beach) September 1, 2011 at 12:48 am

Who wouldn’t want to repeat a 2-3 hour dinner of drinking, eating, and family (or friends)??? ;-) I would love to repeat many of my pool with friends Saturdays and our Branson trip.

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 1:05 am

ahh, i want to repeat the branson trip with you!

julie September 1, 2011 at 1:11 am

hahaha SHUTUUUUUP i haven’t won anything in forever! i was just diddlying along enjoying this post and thinking how i never eat red meat but i just got a strange craving for bison haha and then i see my name! weeee :) emailing you!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 1:34 am

oh you need to try the bison too! it will go so well with your GF rudi’s bread too! hehe. yea!

Jess September 1, 2011 at 1:35 am

You are so sweet, I am SO excited for you guys and NZ. MUCH much needed I’m sure! Scott is reading over my shoulder and said – if you guys stay until April, we’ll use his April vaca from school to come visit NZ and you guys. We’re already planning to see Heather (Where’s the Beach!) in February so that’s out. But April works. Don’t you want to spend an extra month there anyway?? hehe ;-)

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 1:40 am

ahh, why did you tell me this now? I totally would have! maybe come down to austin instead. I know there is a half marathon in April!!! Or we can go to the hill country wine tour.

jobo September 1, 2011 at 1:23 pm

I wanna come too! ;-) (barging in!) My one thing? Moving in with M :-)

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

you better come! no if’s, and’s, or but’s about it! bring M!

Katie @ Nutrition in a peanut shell September 1, 2011 at 1:40 am

Edamame hash huh? Wherever did you come up with that idea? C:

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:10 am

i am random like that. But oh it was good!

Dorry September 1, 2011 at 1:43 am

One thing that kicked my butt in August was getting back into running more often – and I’m loving it! Lots of sprints and hills, please. :) So excited for y’all. I’ll probably say it everyday until you go to New Zealand! One thing I’m excited for is the chance to see YOU in October! xo

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:16 am

oh I can’t wait either. wish you were coming down to austin soon too!

Holly @ The Runny Egg September 1, 2011 at 2:10 am

One thing in Aug that I didn’t want to end: our short vacation. It was so nice to have time away from everything and just reconnect. I so wish we could do that again this weekend.

I am so excited for you!!!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:23 am

I didn’t want it to end for you either. you guys deserve a month long getaway!

Stephanie September 1, 2011 at 2:11 am

This is so exciting! I can’t wait to read about your adventures in another country!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:24 am

thanks Steph! we’re eager to get the adventure started! few months to go!

Julia September 1, 2011 at 2:54 am

The one thing i made this past month that turned out better than expected was baked potato soup. It was a request by the bf and I looked at him kinda crazy thinking “doesn’t he realize it is 95 degrees out!?!” But it turned out delicious and was the perfect “comfort” meal during a stressful week!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 11:25 am

are you going to post this recipe? If it tastes good in 95F, then it will taste fantastic in 110F, right? eek!

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel September 1, 2011 at 3:12 am

oh i totally bet that edamame and bison hash would be even more delicious than it already looks! i think for sure my fig cookies would qualify as something that turned out better than i thought :)

xoxo <3

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 11:24 am

oh your fig cookies look AWESOME! can you send me some? haha. I think I need to make them asap though.

Courtney @ The Granola Chronicles September 1, 2011 at 3:31 am

Chia Kombucha – say what?!? YUM.

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 11:24 am

it should be in san fran now. Its so good court!

Raina September 1, 2011 at 5:06 am

Seems to me you will have plenty of time to work on that swim form for a few months ;) Enjoy!!

I need to read the Kombucha post. Is that a “how to make your own”??

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 11:23 am

yes! I sure will. And the kombucha is a home brew. You’d love it.

Jayme September 1, 2011 at 11:11 am

I haven’t been swimming forever! Maybe that is something I could start..

As for something I’d repeat…I loved doing a road trip with my parents n sister!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 11:27 am

swimming would be a great cross training for you. Lets start back up together, deal?

Klh September 1, 2011 at 11:37 am

Cute post. One thing…hmmm, well that I’ve learned to let go of people that don’t really “fit” in my life. Happy Thursday dear!
Love!

Oh- I like this blog set-up because I can comment from my phone now
: )

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:27 pm

gosh, so true and I am learning that too! and yes, so glad you comment now via iPhone. :P

Jenny @ Fitness Health and Food September 1, 2011 at 11:57 am

What a wonderful way to spend an evening! and that bison hash looks so delicious! :)

I am hoping to have at least one more day at the beach this weekend with sunshine and cool breeze :)

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:28 pm

one day? You should make it two!! and bring the pups. You deserve it Jenny.

Sarah @ Feeeding Brain and Body September 1, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Canada is always so far behind at getting all the newest flavours, that Chia Cherry sounds fantastic! The “one thing” I didn’t want to see go, is my little sister moving away to university!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:26 pm

aww, sweet sister gone. You can come stay with us! I’ll be your sis.

Holly September 1, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Ahh! I haven’t seen that new Kombucha flavor yet! It sounds REALLY good though. I’m going to have to keep my eyes open for it.
November is going to come so quickly- I can’t believe it’s already September. So excited for you guys- hard to believe that it will be summer there..I’ve always thought that was so funny how it is different seasons on opposite sides of the world.

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm

i know, summer in december. We went to new zealand a few years ago for the 4th of july and it was snowing and blizzard like. it was odd!

Kim K September 1, 2011 at 1:09 pm

aw man – post that bison recipe PLEASE and THANK YOU! :)

1 thing = i did not expect to have the kiwi come and stay with me in boston!

1 thing = i did not expect to start dating someone who lives directly above me

1 thing = i am so looking forward to my fun plans in september – cape cod, san fran and napa!!!!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:24 pm

ya, you had a pretty awesome month and more to come! I like it!! Bring me back some wine from Napa please. Oh and I will post the bison hash recipe.

Katie September 1, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Some of my “one things”…make my own almond butter; start eating during long distance training sessions; be happy; enjoy everyday! I think these will carry into September. I have a lot of “one things” I want to tackle this month too. ;)

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm

and I can’t wait to hear more about those one things this september! yea!

kalli September 1, 2011 at 2:27 pm

our trip to reno was my one ting! what a great week to eat, drink, run and be with friends……so excited for your new adventure Lindsay! have a great day!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:28 pm

oh that did look fun. I think monthly vactions are a must, right?!

Abby September 1, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I am so ridiculously happy for you guys! And terribly jealous. I think I should come too. Don’t you agree? At least to visit?????

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 2:50 pm

i think you should come or at least come to austin! you know I won’t let this down. haha.

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 9:30 pm

test

Lisa September 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm

testing testing….123 :)

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 9:39 pm

alright, it works!! thanks lisa. And I am glad to hear about all your one things via FB. sounds like a good month.

Lisa September 1, 2011 at 9:38 pm

oooooh I am so behind on blog reading! Oh my – what awesome exciting news about your move to NZ!!!!! We will be country neighbours!!!!

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 9:40 pm

i know! now you really need to come visit. maybe???

Emma (Sweet Tooth Runner) September 1, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Haha I’m kinda JEALOUS of your 100F heat you know!! That kind of crazy thinking is what happens when you are stuck in rainy London too long! :P

One thing I LOVE is blog redesigns!! I’m doing a bit of one now, and I LOVE your makeover soooo much!! And I can comment so much easier too! :D

LCCotter September 1, 2011 at 10:19 pm

well its been over 70days of 100-110F. I’d trade rain for that. Or I’ll just come there, cool?

Oh and yes, I love your new header and all things EMMA!!

Allie September 1, 2011 at 10:20 pm

WHoo Im so seriously jealous you’re going out of the country. I have never been. I really wanna go to Kenya this coming summer on a missions trip!!

Uhhh lets just say that TOMORROW is September 2nd and its suppose to be 100 where I live..UGH!!!

The one thing I was surprised in August was that I PASSED my Praxis, got to apply for my teaching job, AND I got hired to be a substitute in one school district, possibly 3 more depending how interviews go!!

Another one thing I learned in August was that if I keep trusting the Lord, he will fill me up. He will hear my cries. He will answer my prayers. His will will happen in my life.

Also, I am on day 2(forgot to take my little pills today and I am still not home so boo) and they leave my cute little hand green, but so far I havent had any weird side effects and Im still alive and kicking so that is also a plus!!!

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 12:38 am

congrats allie! what an August it was for you! full of changes and I have a feeling a lot more on the way, including a MOVE!

hillary biscay September 1, 2011 at 10:23 pm

oh my goodness….HOW do we not have chia kombucha here in tucson?!?! dying here, dying…

Baking N Books September 1, 2011 at 10:52 pm

I would love to try bison one day…can’t find it and the one time i did – the price was crazy! ;)

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 12:32 am

what? where do you live? I’m going to research this for you! I found bison at a really good cost at Natural Grocers and even Costco!

Baking N Books September 2, 2011 at 1:28 am

lol – too cute! – I live in Canada :) The only places that would carry that are organic health food stores with a meat section or possibly a meat shop downtown…but I’m wary of those. Never seen bison in just the mainstream grocery stores here!

jenandberries September 1, 2011 at 11:12 pm

Hi Lindsey fab post, I love it when bloggers do a WIAW…with a twist. I know what you mean about the swimming haha, hello unused muscles, owww! One thing I’ll miss – cheap salad in the shops! Apparently no one likes salad when the weather drops so shops decide to double the price – so annoying! Have a great start to September!!

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 12:34 am

yes, i did a kick set and my hamstrings were SORE! wow. And I had no idea about the salad. Too bad we can’t freeze it, haha.

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) September 2, 2011 at 2:36 am

A good night out is definitely of those things you need to repeat every so often :)

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 11:31 am

and a good sleep in afterwards, right? ;)

Sue September 2, 2011 at 3:55 am

Looks lovely!!! I want a website like you when I grow up:).

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 11:32 am

well i want your photography talent when I grow up. But for now, I’ll watch and learn.

Heather @ Dietitian on the Run September 2, 2011 at 4:30 am

One thing I’m happy to see go: Packing!!! Yes, we still have a 2+ day road trip ahead (the fun part, in my opinion :) !!), and the UNpacking – but all of that is much more exciting.

Still impressed by your Kombucha creation – heh. And jealous of your pool-time – I did not get enough of that this summer!

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 11:33 am

2 day road trip! oh I bet you’ll take lots of pictures too. Exciting September!

Kris | iheartwellness.com September 2, 2011 at 4:33 am

Love your posts girl……

Ok, you have so much exciting news and YES I will hop into your suitcase with you :) WOOO HOOO!!

So I wanna get into running or cycling after watching ironman over the last week…so inspiring, but I am so bad at it right now :| Dang lungs don’t like me too much!

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 11:34 am

oh you can totally get into triathlon. start small and go from there! You got it!

Eleanor@eatinglikeahorse September 2, 2011 at 9:14 am

Cor, when it’s 70 days at that temperature, I can see why you’re looking forward to the end of summer!
I’m glad I can comment on your blog again because I can say wooooowwww about the trip, sounds absolutely amazing :-)
And I think this might be weird but I dreamt about kombucha last night – and I’ve never had it…!

LCCotter September 2, 2011 at 11:35 am

you had a kombucha dream? Thats not weird to me! haha.. Its a sign you might need to try it. ;)

Eleanor@eatinglikeahorse September 4, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I think I do!

Nicole September 2, 2011 at 6:02 pm

You know, Texas has been on our short list of places to move to. I started charting the weather and am not sure if this SoCal girl could hack it. Maybe the benefits of a conservative state outweigt the hotsy totsy weather though!

I found that Cherry Chia Kombucha when I was in Kansas, yum! I was going to do your workout but my back decided to stop working. It must not have received the memo about my need to workout 6 days a week. The nerve!! :o)

Nicole